NU coaches: "Three spots left in the class"

So it looks like we filled up two spots with Mobley and Bell committing today leaving one for Cooper and Owa. Its unlikely that Owa does commit but what if both of them want N how do you decide who to greyshirt or can we even accept both.

I'm thinking maybe the Cotton offer was contingent on him willing to grey shirt. Just speculating, but that is one way to fill up your class without too much of a downside and you're not caught holding the bag in Feb.

If that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised if Evans would be asked to GS as well.

I don't know much, but I'm hoping that if we get Cooper, Carnes, and Owa, then they go back to Evans and Cotton and see if they'll walk on. Talk about the great walk-on tradition...I recall TO discussed that the walk-on program needed to get to where it was during his days in order to get recruiting back on track. We shall see...but that would be great of them to embrace the great history of walking on.

So it looks like we filled up two spots with Mobley and Bell committing today leaving one for Cooper and Owa. Its unlikely that Owa does commit but what if both of them want N how do you decide who to greyshirt or can we even accept both.

Mobley wasn't accepted as a commit. With Bell we are now full at wr, te, and de(OO is made room for). We don't really have a spot/need for him in the class now. Plus his academics aren't good, there is a reason the PAC took a pass.

Maybe we'll sign and place him at Ft Scott JUCO.

i cant believe no one has brought up me.

yeah, i said it.

5'7", 180, 4.7 40 (nine years ago, but come on, im a well-seasoned, mostly mature 27 now...I even feel faster! i mean, it hurts more now when i run, so i have to be going faster. i know im stronger.)

give me a shot Bo! I want N!

Mobley wasn't accepted as a commit. With Bell we are now full at wr, te, and de(OO is made room for). We don't really have a spot/need for him in the class now. Plus his academics aren't good, there is a reason the PAC took a pass.

Officially?

Is there going to be fallout from this? If I'm Mobley I'm devastated. I just feel bad for the kid. He waited, he made a sound choice, he was all excited for it, he even announced it to the world - to find out he wouldn't? Recruiting is so messed up.

Officially?

Is there going to be fallout from this? If I'm Mobley I'm devastated. I just feel bad for the kid. He waited, he made a sound choice, he was all excited for it, he even announced it to the world - to find out he wouldn't? Recruiting is so messed up.

Yeah, if the story's true, I too feel bad for the kid.

Officially?

Yeah, if the story's true, I too feel bad for the kid.

Maybe I would feel a little bad for the young man, but you have to figure that as honest as Bo and Co are Mobley was aware of what NU was looking at. Heck they told Simek how many spots they had left, this staff doesn't like to BS on the trail. Mobley knew that NU was going after other TE and DE prospects and I am sure he knows that NU gots prospects at both. As HSKRNOKC said earlier, Mobley had his chance and decided to drag his feet. When that happened the staff went onto the next prospect. This may all be a moot point anyway, because it looks like he will be a sign and place guy. If this is the case, then he should love the dedication the staff is showing him.

Officially?

did he even contact the coaching staff before making this announcement?

Does Burkes leaving open up another slot, or do you think that was laready factored in?

Well taking out the 13 Seniors leaving, assuming Ricky gets a Medical otherwise it is 14, I show 66 on scholarship. That makes 19 spots with 18 committed and 1 of those 18 already signed. So I guess 1 spot left, but since the coaches said 3 spots I am guessing that they will take 20 or 21.

Does Burkes leaving open up another slot, or do you think that was laready factored in?

Good question. I guess it depends on whether he'll remain on scholarship. But I do know that it is something the coaches and many fans have expected for a while. So I'm sure the coaches have factored this into their 2010 recruiting plans.

Well they were able to still pay for Blake, but get a medical exemption so that he doesn't count against the 85 limit. I would assume that if this is because of medical issues then they could do the same with Burkes.