Rams fan asking about Suh.

Suh deserves a better team than the Rams.......

:yeah

agreed, he deserves the chiefs!!!!!!!!!!!!

dorsey and suh....holy sh#t! the best 2 dtackles to come out in the last 5+ years.

But I think it would be cool for him to play next to cariker(sp?) as well two huskers playing side by side would be awesome. But as a chiefs fan I get all excited about suh comming to kc

I might be the only person who thinks this, but the Rams have taken d-linemen with top fifteen picks two of the last three years and are still picking at the top of the draft. Suh is the player on the board least likely to bust, but trade down get an extra pick of two and fix multiple spots on your team.

But yeah, Suh will affect the game positively for which ever team gets him.

I might be the only person who thinks this, but the Rams have taken d-linemen with top fifteen picks two of the last three years and are still picking at the top of the draft. Suh is the player on the board least likely to bust, but trade down get an extra pick of two and fix multiple spots on your team.

But yeah, Suh will affect the game positively for which ever team gets him.

Ding ding ding!!

If you're drafting first, then you suck so bad you need more than just the top pick. Almost every year the top spot could be traded for more picks including other 1st round selections for much better value than a single pick. The Rams should seriously consider some team in the middle trading their 1st and 2nd this year and the 1st next year for that top spot.

But as for the OP, Suh is about as solid a #1 overall pick as I've seen. Only premiere LT are less risky IMO, and there doesn't seem to be a truly great one in this draft. I'd be surprised if Suh was awesome in his rookie year while he adjusts, but he'll be solid until he picks it up and really starts to come on late that year and after.

He's the real deal and has every chance to make it in the NFL. Skills and raw talent aside, I think he also has the right attitude to do what it takes to make it in the NFL. The people that are hyped and fail in the NFL usually do so because of attitude. I don't see that being a problem with Suh, but it's something you never know about for sure.

The thing I'll probably remember most about him is his hand work in the trenches...fighting off blocks and disrupting passes.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Suh change the DT position..Sorta like LT did with OLBs back in the day.

It will be fun to see a team experiment with him..Make him a hybrid LB/DL/FS and just pick his spot depending on the Offensive teams allignment.

W O W?? Spends all his time over powering? Just like that Cody guy from Alabama, right???? I played DE and I went to a lot of camps around the state, SUH does exactly, and I mean exactly what they teach, he uses his hands, he gets right into his guy, he doesn't get rid of his guy too soon, and when he reads the play he hits them just right to get them off balance and make the play. When he knows he won't get there, he has the foot work, speed, knowledge, and experience to drop back get his hands up and make a play in a different way by knocking down or picking the pas. Not only that but he never gives up, how many times did we see him chase downa RB or QB from behind when the DE got out of position? Over power? Pshhh. Husker_x is right, it is only once piece of a very well built machine.

Exactly.

W O W?? Spends all his time over powering? Just like that Cody guy from Alabama, right???? I played DE and I went to a lot of camps around the state, SUH does exactly, and I mean exactly what they teach, he uses his hands, he gets right into his guy, he doesn't get rid of his guy too soon, and when he reads the play he hits them just right to get them off balance and make the play. When he knows he won't get there, he has the foot work, speed, knowledge, and experience to drop back get his hands up and make a play in a different way by knocking down or picking the pas. Not only that but he never gives up, how many times did we see him chase downa RB or QB from behind when the DE got out of position? Over power? Pshhh. Husker_x is right, it is only once piece of a very well built machine.

Exactly.

You would pretty much have the best Defensive Line in the league if you brought in Suh. Roll him up alongside Carricker and Long and you can't help but wonder what kind of havoc they wreak. I'm sure Carricker will come back from his shoulder surgery, he's got too much work ethic not to. He was in working out in the Rams facilities before many top draft picks signed their papers. Throw Suh in at nose, slide Long and Carricker in beside him. They would run at your 4th down lineman almost exclusively. Seriously, Suh makes Dorsey and Sapp look pretty pathetic in terms of their football IQ. Suh also has the moves to rival these types of players on top of that. Hell, I'd trade Carricker and Long just for Suh if I were in that position.

As most others have said he uses power to get into the backfield but in the NFL I don't think it will be his power that makes him stand out. The guy is very smart and knows how to read plays, he knocks down passes, makes down field tackles, and takes on multiple blockers. Those things will be what make him great in the NFL. I think he is the best choice in the first round and don't worry the rams will probably have a top 5 pick next year to so you guys can get a QB then and probably pay him less if the NFL has a wage scale.