Is Bo NFL material.....???

Apathy

With all of the talk of Pete Carrol heading to Seattle do you think Bo Pelini someday could be NFL material if Bo had the same success as Pete Carrol?

Lets say in this new decade Bo had the same success at Pete Carrol with winning 2 National Championships and winning his conference year after year....will some NFL teams look at Pelini to do the same thing to help rebound a team in need? Honestly I can't really see Bo as a head coach in the NFL because I can't see him screaming at Pro athletes on the sidelines after missing their assignment.

I see what you're saying, but I don't think Bo will leave here anytime soon. The only job I ever see him leaving for is Ohio State and that's a big IF in my mind. Bo has said this is his dream job so I have a hard time seeing him leaving.

This. But, like you said even Ohio State is a HUGE if.

Even in that scenario, there are really no benefits between switching from Nebraska to Ohio State. The only thing that Ohio State has that Nebraska doesn't is an easier walk into a BCS bowl game. But, if the B10+1 adds another school and gets a conference championship, then that won't even matter as much.

Bo has already said in direct quotes that this is his dream job, and he wants to finish his career here. His family has already deeply engrained themselves in Lincoln and Nebraska. He has a deep love and passion for the sport, so that in itself is enough to say he couldnt find a better fit anywhere where he could share the passion with the fanbase. He's not going anywhere anytime soon, if ever. This may be one subject we need to put to rest along with the Carl rumors. JMO.

Bo has already said in direct quotes that this is his dream job, and he wants to finish his career here. His family has already deeply engrained themselves in Lincoln and Nebraska. He has a deep love and passion for the sport, so that in itself is enough to say he couldnt find a better fit anywhere where he could share the passion with the fanbase. He's not going anywhere anytime soon, if ever.

:yeah

i dunno, Bo seems like a college coach that would be happy to stay in that league.....Carroll has been to the NFL, it wasn't that easy and i can't believe it would be so stupid as to step back, since USC is pretty easy for him, could be a tactic to get a raise, but i am sure Seattle is interested and old Pete will probably at least give them a listen....having said that, i would not be surprised to see him go if the offer is good enough.

although i can't imagine that charasimatic crap would work so well in the NFL.....he would have to change his personality quite a bit, no jumping up and down or high fiving the other coaches or players....the NFL is truly a business, for stoogy guys like Saban.....the old hard a$$!

I see what you're saying, but I don't think Bo will leave here anytime soon. The only job I ever see him leaving for is Ohio State and that's a big IF in my mind. Bo has said this is his dream job so I have a hard time seeing him leaving.

This. But, like you said even Ohio State is a HUGE if.

Even in that scenario, there are really no benefits between switching from Nebraska to Ohio State. The only thing that Ohio State has that Nebraska doesn't is an easier walk into a BCS bowl game. But, if the B10+1 adds another school and gets a conference championship, then that won't even matter as much.

Or the fact that Ohio State is closer to his extended family and where he grew up.

This isn't the ole days where Osborne & Co., planted themselves in Lincoln and stayed put. The last 10 years or so taught as us any coach can and will leave any school at any time.

I think Bo is here for a while, but when Ohio State tires of Tressell, they'll come calling and everyone seems to want to go back to their alma mater.

To think Bo is here until retirement is a nice thought, but... you have to wonder.

Nope, no chance. Bo's temperament isn't going to sit well with players or owners, his scheme only works in college, he doesn't own a nice suit, and he just plain isn't good enough for the big leagues.

Yep, it looks like Pelini will have to settle for leading one of the finest programs in the history of football to conference and national championships in college rather than the NFL. How terrible!

:sarcasm

I think you need to remember that Carroll already coached in the Pros as a head coach, Bo has never been higher than a position coach there for just a couple years.

Carroll at USC is VERY high profile, it being the only note-worthy football game in town (UCLA?, naw)....

He has done about all he can there and now they are finding a few more people might have been on the Up and Up...they will be in trouble at some point if he stays.

So his ego and his smarts are telling him to get while the gettins good.

I always thought Bo, and Pete too, were more college material. Their demeanor, the way they put their imprint and identity into a program, the way they motivate players and run things in general - I just can't see them being NFL head coaches.

That said, it seems like Pete Carroll wouldn't agree with me. I guess it's all in what they want.

But on the other side of that, will NFL programs be interested in Bo? PC has a history being a head coach in the NFL, even if it was with some mixed success. Bo, even if he becomes wildly successful in college, doesn't, and I think NFL teams know how that doesn't always transfer (Steve Spurrier).

Bo has already said in direct quotes that this is his dream job, and he wants to finish his career here. His family has already deeply engrained themselves in Lincoln and Nebraska. He has a deep love and passion for the sport, so that in itself is enough to say he couldnt find a better fit anywhere where he could share the passion with the fanbase. He's not going anywhere anytime soon, if ever. This may be one subject we need to put to rest along with the Carl rumors. JMO.

:yeah

He's not like Callahan who bought some ridiculous house in the middle of nowhere, made no social contact, and was just here for money...

His family is a normal family... with the most avid supporters in america.

He actually cares about what his children and wife think and what they are going to do on Friday night as opposed to Callahan just sitting on his bottom making money.