Biggest Rival?

Biggest Rival?  

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In the immortal words of Slim Pickens, "Where in the Wide Wide World of Sports"...does it say we have to play someone every year to consider them a "rival"?

I even consider Miami more of a rival than pretty much any B12 North team..No offense to our conference Brothers (And I DO consider them more like brothers than rivals...except OU and UT)..But it takes more than one bitter loss ~32 years ago for me to consider Missery much of a Rival.

CU and the two Kansas schools have won a few more against us recently than we were used to, but none of the games were "nailbiters" or hardly ever in doubt on the last series or few of the game...maybe one or two against CU, so they probably have come the closest of the Norse Division :dunno. but just because we take an alternating couple years off from playing OU doesn't mean that the times we do play them won't have me on the edge of my seat and not taking a deep breath for 5 hours durring the game...to tide me over until the next time.

No one else even comes close to doing that.

Here's where I feel an obligation to CY to say something nice about ISU...Like... :dunno

They can and do beat us every dozen or so games, and mannage to steal a few Omaha kids every other year.

But "Rival"????

:rant

OU will always be a big game to us, but only as long as we are both great teams. You need some continuity to have a real rivalry. It can't only be important from the fans perspective, the players have to feel it too. If you start 3 years and you come into the game your SR season without having played them....... In a rivalry the players are sick to their stomach (some cry, but that is so girly, no matter how ''in touch you are with your emotions," its not girls high school basketball :rant ) when they lose. They come into the game the next year wanting to beat the hell out of the opposition. Two years off is too much! Not that this makes me right, but look at anybody's list of the top ten rivalries and see if anyone is listed that don't play every year.

In the immortal words of Slim Pickens, "Where in the Wide Wide World of Sports"...does it say we have to play someone every year to consider them a "rival"?

I even consider Miami more of a rival than pretty much any B12 North team..No offense to our conference Brothers (And I DO consider them more like brothers than rivals...except OU and UT)..But it takes more than one bitter loss ~32 years ago for me to consider Missery much of a Rival.

CU and the two Kansas schools have won a few more against us recently than we were used to, but none of the games were "nailbiters" or hardly ever in doubt on the last series or few of the game...maybe one or two against CU, so they probably have come the closest of the Norse Division :dunno. but just because we take an alternating couple years off from playing OU doesn't mean that the times we do play them won't have me on the edge of my seat and not taking a deep breath for 5 hours durring the game...to tide me over until the next time.

No one else even comes close to doing that.

Here's where I feel an obligation to CY to say something nice about ISU...Like... :dunno

They can and do beat us every dozen or so games, and mannage to steal a few Omaha kids every other year.

But "Rival"????

:rant

OU will always be a big game to us, but only as long as we are both great teams. You need some continuity to have a real rivalry. It can't only be important from the fans perspective, the players have to feel it too. If you start 3 years and you come into the game your SR season without having played them....... In a rivalry the players are sick to their stomach (some cry, but that is so girly, no matter how ''in touch you are with your emotions," its not girls high school basketball :rant ) when they lose. They come into the game the next year wanting to beat the hell out of the opposition. Two years off is too much! Not that this makes me right, but look at anybody's list of the top ten rivalries and see if anyone is listed that don't play every year.

Just wondering how many of the 19 people that chose Missou can name the trophy thats awarded to the team that wins the NU VS Missou game without looking it up? chuckleshuffle

I would think that if someone names a team a rival that they would know. <_<

Victory Bell since 1892

I voted for mizzou. Coming from missouri, and hearing how terrible nebraska is everyday, can get on a person's nerve pretty quickly. I don't care what sport it is, as long as the huskers beat mizzou, is fine w/me. I have to say, this past year in the monsoon was especially sweet after the lies from daniel about the spitting incident.

Restore the order, make the Oklahoma game an annual event. Nebraska football is not the same since the inception of the Big XII!!

:cheers

As a Husker, I think a rivalry should be based on mutual respect. This may not hold true for other schools; theirs may be based on intense hatred but as a Husker I like to think I am looking forward to playing a team and not looking forward towards hating a team(and their fans) That is why I want to see us find a way to play Oklahoma every year. My dad tells great stories of the creative and imaginative things that husker and sooner fans did to each other; good spirited things, not mean. Wouldn't it be nice to have that relationship again?

Colorado selected us- this is not a rivalry. Plus they smoke too much dope to be knowledgeable fans.

Missouri- wishes bad things happen to us even when we are not playing and this is not a rivalry

I voted scUm just because it's a border thing. And it proves a point that anti-gravity does exist: crap does roll uphill :laughpound straight to boulder heh heh

But MU must be considered the strongest rival in the North until the Hawkster does a swan song :corndance

Or Coach Gill turns things around except against NU :)

GBR

Oklahoma was the closest thing to a rival, but you have to them feel it was a rivalry. We were second fiddle to them, Texas is their rival, we were not even close.

Missouri has played well and have the capacity to be a very strong team. Population, metro areas that have great football.

I would love to see us make a real rival. SC or Ohio State would be great ones, even Notre Dame or Alabama. A national rivalry. Missouri does not fit that bill nor does Colorado.

Nebraska/Oklahoma will never happen again as long as Texas controls the Big 12.