S Wayne Lyons

Nexus

If I am a betting an I'd say the smart money with Wayne would be for him to end up a Gator. They need DBs, since losing Nick Waisome to the Noles, as well Mushcamp is just as good as a defensive mind as Bo, and I think he uses the proximity to home card as well.

And the only recent hat raffle that NU was in was with Nyan Boatang in Callahans ubber recruiting class. He chose the Gators, but never made it there, ending up at Cal.

All three schools are looking at coaching changes. Rich Rod is meeting with his AD today, and will most likely be canned. UCLA fired some of their defensive staff earlier, and of course Harbaugh will likely bolt to the NFL. Still dont see Nebraska getting Wayne though...

He will be chosing from UCLA, Stanford and Michigan according to Rivals. Obviously coaching staff shakeups could change this, but it doesn't look good for us.

I strongly believe he will pick Stanford. It has the #1 engineering school in the country, and a BCS bowl football team. The weather is nice there, and there have been several African American figureheads who have gone there and become International Sensations. (e.g. Condaleeza Rice, Tiger Woods, etc.) They have a phenomenal African American studies program on top of everything else. They haven't had fantastic recruiting classes, but have had fantastic coaching and even if their coach they have now leaves, to have a degree from Stanford is a BIG deal. And the university has the money to pay another great coach to come in. I think when you watch the bowl this weekend you are going to see Wayne choose Stanford, and explain it as it just had the complete package. It had the academics, academic brand recognition, and football that none of the other schools could compete with on the same level in both areas.

He will be chosing from UCLA, Stanford and Michigan according to Rivals. Obviously coaching staff shakeups could change this, but it doesn't look good for us.

I strongly believe he will pick Stanford. It has the #1 engineering school in the country, and a BCS bowl football team. The weather is nice there, and there have been several African American figureheads who have gone there and become International Sensations. (e.g. Condaleeza Rice, Tiger Woods, etc.) They have a phenomenal African American studies program on top of everything else. They haven't had fantastic recruiting classes, but have had fantastic coaching and even if their coach they have now leaves, to have a degree from Stanford is a BIG deal. And the university has the money to pay another great coach to come in. I think when you watch the bowl this weekend you are going to see Wayne choose Stanford, and explain it as it just had the complete package. It had the academics, academic brand recognition, and football that none of the other schools could compete with on the same level in both areas.

having a lot of money to get a coach doesnt always mean you get the right coach or even get what you pay for.... happened to stanford all the time...

Remember, Michigan is not an academic slouch either. I think he chooses where Harbaugh ends up.

I'm not so sure. As much as he'd like to go where Luck goes, I'm not sure that will be best for him for his coaching career.

I really, really see Harbaugh at Denver. You got Elway coming in to the football operations as a Stanford alum. I could see Harbaugh going to Denver, and then him and Elway and the GM doing what they can to get Luck in the draft, or just have Luck do the Elway/Eli Manning bullsh*t, and have a team pick you but then refuse to sign with that team so they have to trade them, etc.

Diappointing none the less, but not a suprise. I figured Florida would be in it for sure. Michigan's situation at coach can't help their cause, but Wayne had a thought out plan to help him choose a college and academics played a huge role in that plan. So me thinks a school with coaching limbo may not suffer. Finally it is refreshing to have a recruit commit to a school and not a coach.

The four-star safety confirmed he will choose between Stanford, Michigan and UCLA on Saturday regardless of whether [Rich] Rodriguez gets fired. Or, for that matter, Jim Harbaugh leaves Stanford for another job. Both programs, he said, remain very much in the mix.

Article