S Wayne Lyons

Nexus

I think people forget that recruiting is more like buying a house. You can look and look and look, then one day you walk into one and it just feels right.

If recruting was all about stats or location then coaches wouldnt even do visits, there would be no need to.

I think we saw w/ Tevin that recruiting is primarily about location for many of these stars. That's been proven time and again. You wouldn't buy a house if it wasn't in the perfect neighborhood (though some of us have made that mistake in the past). There's a lot that goes into it no doubt, but ultimately your decision will be based on what sets each of those "homes" you enjoy apart from the others. In this case it's coaching, academics, and location that diferentiate the final groupings.

Florida has a middle of the road defense this year and an unranked BCS ranking. Their engineering school is in the top 34 in the country. It's familiar and close to home for Wayne. His sister is there, he has camped there. He has said he loves Muschamp and has still kept them in his top 5 despite the recent coaching changes. People have said he has pictures on his facebook of him in the locker room doing the gator chomp... it's his home team. Ultimately, Florida is in his top 3 because it's the safe choice. It's middle of the road football wise and academically... but on the rise defensively with Muschamp as the new head coach. If Wayne chooses Florida, it is because it's safe and comfortable.

If Florida is a middle of the road football wise, sign me up. This is still a premier program. Losing their greatest QB in school history(as big of a douche as I think he is) plus all the talent they send to the draft year in and year out, you could see a step back occurring this year. One small blip on the radar. Now where they go from here with the Muschamp hire wlll be interesting, but only a fool wouldn't be able to see that their defense is in very good hands. Plus all the youth that they played on defense this year plus all the talent they have recruited the last couple of years(ie Ronald Powell, Matt Elam, Shariff Floyd, Josh Shaw, and on and on)I feel pretty confident they will be stout.

Wayne's top three had been pretty set for a while more or less. It is the three stated, with Michigan as the darkhorse. Florida is more than just the local "safe" school. They actually are probably the slight favorite. And expect the press to be put on Wayne even more as the Gators look to replace a DB with the loss of commit of Nick Waisome

What ever Wayne Lyons decides I have become more impressed with this young man with the more that I learn about him. He seems to be a very intelligent, very confident , very grounded athlete. He has done everything the right way throughout the recruiting process. He has kept his options open while narrowing things down during the process which had to be difficult while dealing with an injury.

I agree his choices seem to come down to academics, football, or family.

Where ever he goes I have become a fan of Wayne Lyons.

I think people forget that recruiting is more like buying a house. You can look and look and look, then one day you walk into one and it just feels right.

If recruting was all about stats or location then coaches wouldnt even do visits, there would be no need to.

I think we saw w/ Tevin that recruiting is primarily about location for many of these stars. That's been proven time and again. You wouldn't buy a house if it wasn't in the perfect neighborhood (though some of us have made that mistake in the past). There's a lot that goes into it no doubt, but ultimately your decision will be based on what sets each of those "homes" you enjoy apart from the others. In this case it's coaching, academics, and location that diferentiate the final groupings.

I think we are saying the same thing. Location is the built in part of the house search. You are not going to look for a new house in a sh**ty area to start with. In this case it came down to NU and Arkansas. He felt "at home" or it "felt right" for him at Arkansas, for whatever reason it was.

Florida has a middle of the road defense this year and an unranked BCS ranking. Their engineering school is in the top 34 in the country. It's familiar and close to home for Wayne. His sister is there, he has camped there. He has said he loves Muschamp and has still kept them in his top 5 despite the recent coaching changes. People have said he has pictures on his facebook of him in the locker room doing the gator chomp... it's his home team. Ultimately, Florida is in his top 3 because it's the safe choice. It's middle of the road football wise and academically... but on the rise defensively with Muschamp as the new head coach. If Wayne chooses Florida, it is because it's safe and comfortable.

If Florida is a middle of the road football wise, sign me up. This is still a premier program. Losing their greatest QB in school history(as big of a douche as I think he is) plus all the talent they send to the draft year in and year out, you could see a step back occurring this year. One small blip on the radar. Now where they go from here with the Muschamp hire wlll be interesting, but only a fool wouldn't be able to see that their defense is in very good hands. Plus all the youth that they played on defense this year plus all the talent they have recruited the last couple of years(ie Ronald Powell, Matt Elam, Shariff Floyd, Josh Shaw, and on and on)I feel pretty confident they will be stout.

Wayne's top three had been pretty set for a while more or less. It is the three stated, with Michigan as the darkhorse. Florida is more than just the local "safe" school. They actually are probably the slight favorite. And expect the press to be put on Wayne even more as the Gators look to replace a DB with the loss of commit of Nick Waisome

Don't get me wrong. I have VERY much respect for Florida. I do think they are a very good team. They have historically had a few Amazing years, followed by a few good years in which they are in the top half of their division of the SEC but not championship contenders... but so have we. I think Muschamp is a great get for them, and I know they put a lot of guys in the NFL every year. I also wouldn't be a bit surprised if Wayne chooses Florida as his school and guess he has it as a top favorite right now. What I was attempting to say, and might have said poorly... is that Florida possesses a safe choice, close to home, with family factor that none of the other top 3 have. In stating each school as Academics, Football, Family... I was attempting to classify each school by what it beats all other schools with. Hince... Florida and Nebraska do not have the engineering school that Stanford has nor the ivy league title with their name. Florida and Stanford do not statistically have the consistent (year in year out, multiple school success) that Pelini has with his DB's and his defenses. Both have good defenses, but Pelini has the best every year, nor do either of these schools have 5 National Championships, or 46 Conference Championships, or 311 consecutive sellouts. And Stanford and Nebraska are far from his home, in places where he does not have immediate family, and are schools in which he is less familiar with and has less friends at than Florida.

Thus each has it's clear advantage... Will he choose best academics, best football, or closest to home.

My guess would be his favorites in order are 1.Florida 2.Stanford 3.Nebraska... in the end he picks Florida.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, recruits more than likely could give a crap about last nights game. They are more likely to commit to a school because of academics, realtionship with a coach, facilities, etc before wins and losses. If it was solely based on wins and losses than UCLA wouldnt have gotten OWA, and Texas wouldnt have the number one class.

• Fire 1

Will be deciding Saturday during the USAA Game. Kick-off is at 12 Noon CST on NBC.

Wayne will be choosing from:

Florida

Michigan

Nebraska

Stanford

UCLA

What's our track record with kids picking us at the USAA game?

Don't have any numbers, but I know it's NOT GOOD!!!! So, I put our chances at getting him around about 2-3%.