Nebraska willing to listen to Big 10

Dhuskers

I’m pretty sure every Big 10 but Wisconsin plays baseball, which is the same number of schools as the Big 12.

If you ask me if the Big 12 continues to put Texas before everyone else we should look elsewhere for a conference.

I don't see that changing any time soon.

The thing about this whole article is that Nebraska would listen "if" the Big 10 came calling. Honestly, I don't see Nebraska being very high on their list at all. We bring a huge fan base and a good football program, but I'm not sure that correlates into something the Big 10 wants right now.

If I had to put a % chance on our likelihood of actually going to the Big 10, it'd be less than 1%.

When it comes down to it, I don't care what conference Nebraska plays in as long as the conference meets a few criteria.

1# Nebraska continues to play football games upon joining said conference.

It's competetive - There are BCS Bowl and National Championship quality opponets in it. Teams that play hard nosed, competitive football. I also want storied programs and the potential for rivalries.

It's fair - A conference that doesn't favor any one team or division over another.. I can't say that about the BIG XII right now and in my opinion that either needs to change or Nebraska needs to find another home.

Television - I want to be able to watch a minimum of 90% of Nebraska football games on TV. Preferably not PPV.

Money - I want the conference to have a competitive budget with the SEC.

Exposure - I want the conference to help promote more D1 recruiting talent for Nebraska

IMO, the BIG 10 fits these Criteria. If we bail under the right terms.. I'm fine with it.

I think it is more of the academic/research limitations of UNL than athletics that will keep the Big 10 from calling. I'm not sure if this is valid, just what I hear when this topic is discussed.

That may be true now, but I think with the new research park being built that will soon not be the case and actually UNL will probably become a major player in research in the country as far as colleges are concerned.

• Fire 1

I think it is more of the academic/research limitations of UNL than athletics that will keep the Big 10 from calling. I'm not sure if this is valid, just what I hear when this topic is discussed.

That may be true now, but I think with the new research park being built that will soon not be the case and actually UNL will probably become a major player in research in the country as far as colleges are concerned.

I am one to think that academics has little affect on what the Big 10 is looking for. The Big 10 is looking after their bottom line and if a school can generate more noteriety and money for them then they will look at them. What school would bring more noteriety and money than all the others mentioned other than ND and UT? Nebraska. NU needs to take a good look at this and I would expect there to be some phone calls made expressing interest. T.O. already opened the door by saying if they call NU will listen.

• Fire 1

I do not want this to happen unless we can carry kstate or mu with us. Year after year those are my favorite games to watch. Personally I think NU vs. MU could become one of those nationally famous rivalries. I guess we could replace the kansas Border War with Iowa that would be fine with me but I really don't want to lose the MU game.

One other problem I have with this is the loss of recruiting grounds. Loosing our recruiting in texas would be a disaster.

It would be a blast to tear up michigan and ohio st. I would get even more annoyed by sweater vest and dotting the I. We would end up hating ohio state more than texas.

I am one to think that academics has little affect on what the Big 10 is looking for. The Big 10 is looking after their bottom line and if a school can generate more noteriety and money for them then they will look at them. What school would bring more noteriety and money than all the others mentioned other than ND and UT? Nebraska. NU needs to take a good look at this and I would expect there to be some phone calls made expressing interest. T.O. already opened the door by saying if they call NU will listen.

Acctually, UNL has had some success in research the "safer" barrier in nascar saves lives and prefents injury to drivers who hit the wall it is now at evry nascar track and was developed and researched at the University of Nebraska Lincoln.

I know this one success does not mean that the school has a great research program but it is far from a do nothing institute.

That being said I do not want to leave the big 12. Nebraska bennifits from the current revenue sharing the big 12 has(even though it is unfair.) In the big 12 the school would be less profitable. I do like the idea of using the big 10 has a bluff similar to the way texas used the pac 10 back in the 90's.

I do not want this to happen unless we can carry kstate or mu with us. Year after year those are my favorite games to watch. Personally I think NU vs. MU could become one of those nationally famous rivalries. I guess we could replace the kansas Border War with Iowa that would be fine with me but I really don't want to lose the MU game.

One other problem I have with this is the loss of recruiting grounds. Loosing our recruiting in texas would be a disaster.

It would be a blast to tear up michigan and ohio st. I would get even more annoyed by sweater vest and dotting the I. We would end up hating ohio state more than texas.

I guess i dont understand why we would lose recruiting grounds. There is probably a kid from Texas on every single roster in the U.S.