Gerald McCoy better than Suh?!

Comments like Maycock's are intended to do two things: 1) Generate conversation. Mission accomplished. 2) Hit a home run. In the off chance that McCoy is chosen ahead of Suh, it makes Maycock look like he knows something the other draft prognosticators don't.

Mel Kiper is the acknowledged guru of draft prognosticators. If you're in that business, you have to take a chance to get your name mentioned. The upside for guys like Maycock and Todd McShay is that if their crazy predictions go awry, no worries - they're already second fiddle to Kiper so the damage is minimal, if not totally overlooked.

This guy's opinion isn't worth getting upset about. It's just hot air.

There was an anaylst on ESPN this morning that was saying that McCoy is a better pass rusher then Suh and that is why he had him first. He said Suh is great at taking up space, but not a very good disruptor. Don't know if i agree with that or not.

from everything i have seen over the past few years, i would say the exact opposite. Suh is amazing at disrupting and causing entire plays to fail by himself. Mccoy eats space, and everyonce in a while makes a play like Suh.

• Fire 1

There was an anaylst on ESPN this morning that was saying that McCoy is a better pass rusher then Suh and that is why he had him first. He said Suh is great at taking up space, but not a very good disruptor. Don't know if i agree with that or not.

from everything i have seen over the past few years, i would say the exact opposite. Suh is amazing at disrupting and causing entire plays to fail by himself. Mccoy eats space, and everyonce in a while makes a play like Suh.

Bingo, Fro.

Let's put it this way - I wouldn't be surprised at all if an ESPN analyst simply got McCoy and Suh mixed up. They're getting lazy up in Bristol. They're the kings of sports reporting with almost zero competition. Nobody keeps ESPN honest, not even ESPN.

You couldn't be more right fro I have to wonder if the guy said that even watched suh play. It was suhs pass rush that caused the disruption. Also his abiliity to turn around and catch recievrs and backs that are 5-7 yards down field doesn't exactly describe a gap filler

:yeah Agreed.

Suh had MORE sackes than Mccoy AND more tackles.

Suh > Mccoy

Its THAT simple

It's pretty bad when an analysts has to get his name out there by making asinine comments in the open media. At least people will know him for being the moron that he is and pay no mind to him when he's wrong. Hopefully people see through this garbage that ESPN calls reporting, but you never can tell. Knappl is completely correct in his assumption of ESPN lately btw.

Assenine. But like stated above, the stats speak for themselves. McCoy generally does just get there, but doesn't make the play. Suh on the other hand, gets there and your on the ground/picked off/disrupted in some sense of the word.

If McCoy some how does manage to take 1st round draft, it clearly shows the bias against Nebraska's program in my opinion.

During the OU game how many sacks did McCoy have on Lee? If any I do not recall, I mean, given the pressure was there from their D as well as our Offense (Lee/Some recievers) shooting themselves in the foot, I just don't see it. And of course our D pretty much single-handedly won the game for us..

I guess he didn't watch the Big XII championship, or that colorado game last year, or in fact any games these past two years.

Just another jackass who not only missed the Big 12 Championship game but didn' talk to Colt Mc coy afterward either.

T_O_B

:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez