OL Mike Shoff

HuskerEric

He will have to come to the junior day, and prove to the coaches that he has taken the necessary steps to heal his knee to the fullest. But, in say that I am confident that he will get his offer, and commit on the spot.

Knee looks fine as of tonight. Pinned his opponent in :13 in the first period tonight in the State Wrestling SemiFinals match.

For what it is worth, Shoff played in Cambridge's final three football games this year so I would say the knee is all good.

He got into three playoff games for Cambridge, which made the layoff and rehab more tolerable, he said.

The Rest of the Story

Being from the area, I've seen the Bazata kid wrestle a few times this year, and he's definitely the real deal. With that being said, I don't think he'll make it out of the first period in this one.

Yeah knowing the Bazata family I have to admit I was kind of routing for the underdog, but it turned out how I expected it to. Congrats to Shoff he is a horse that's for sure. Also I liked his sportsmanship after the match.

Being from the area, I've seen the Bazata kid wrestle a few times this year, and he's definitely the real deal. With that being said, I don't think he'll make it out of the first period in this one.

Yeah knowing the Bazata family I have to admit I was kind of routing for the underdog, but it turned out how I expected it to. Congrats to Shoff he is a horse that's for sure. Also I liked his sportsmanship after the match.

I have a feeling we might be seeing the same pairing in next year's final as well. If the Bazata kid can put on about 30 pounds, he's going to be a real animal. I really liked watching a Husker recruit do well, but I was also secretly wanting Bazata to pull the upset. Shoff seems like a real nice guy, and hope we see him wearing the Scarlet and Cream in 2012. Congratulations to the big guy.

• 2 months later...

any update on this kid? Cant see why we havent shown him more interest. Some are saying he is leaning toards Iowa because they already offered. I understand Bo wanted to make sure he is OK, but we might lose a good player by being too safe.