OL Mike Shoff

HuskerEric

Cambridge's football season came to an end yesterday. Any chance this young man gets an offer? Yahoo shows Barney Cotton as his recruiter and still no offer. I always like to see Nebraska players play for the home team. Hope he's good enough to get an offer.

I'm sure that we'd have to strike out with both Andrus Peat and Ronnie Stanley to offer him and then it's still a long shot with the size of the class and the quality of guys we're still in on.

I played football and wrestled for his dad...great family and great work ethic. This kid would wrestle around with us after practice and even though he was just a little twerp then it was tough to hold your own! From conversations I've had with his family and those close to the situation, NU has dicked him around from the beginning (prior to injury) and its a shame that he is holding out for an offer. He could go anywhere and would be starter within a year; he's absolutely Nebraska's to lose. Shame!

I played football and wrestled for his dad...great family and great work ethic. This kid would wrestle around with us after practice and even though he was just a little twerp then it was tough to hold your own! From conversations I've had with his family and those close to the situation, NU has dicked him around from the beginning (prior to injury) and its a shame that he is holding out for an offer. He could go anywhere and would be starter within a year; he's absolutely Nebraska's to lose. Shame!

I actually hope he is apart of our class somehow.

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...

Both Scout and Rivals are saying that rumor is BS. Just an FYI.

You were correct. 24/7 jumped the gun on the Kansas commitment. Now they have him listing Kansas as his favorite instead.

Honestly, I hope Shoff gets an NU scholarship when it's all said and done if for no other reason than his overall athleticism. His Scout bio:

Mike Shoff missed most of his junior season with a torn left meniscus. In three games Shoff had 15 tackles, three sacks and two fumbles caused. Shoff benches an impressive 420-pounds, squats 450 and has a 29-inch vertical jump.

Shoff plans to major in physical therapy and reports a 3.9 core GPA and is taking the ACT on April 9.

Shoff: “I have great speed and I’m very athletic. I play sideline-to-sideline and I’m like a middle linebacker out there…I play all over the field.

“On offense I can take over the line of scrimmage. I want to improve how I take on the linebackers and breaking down more. And I need to play with a lower pad level on defense.

“I actually think I’m better on defense right now than offense.”

Rivals originally reported him running a 5.07 40 back when he was a Sophomore. Now they're saying he runs a 4.8 40. Not sure how accurate that is, but the kid is plenty fast for his size by all accounts I've read outside of recruiting scuttlebutt. He could be the next Jared Crick if they opt to use him on defense seeing how similar they are physique-wise. If the coaches want him on offense, then he'd be useful as a pulling Guard with his speed. I just feel his athleticism allows the staff to be versatile with him for development's sake.

Last but not least, if Pelini wants to maintain that 3.0 team GPA, then adding Shoff can only help since his Scout bio has him reporting a 3.9 GPA.