Cornhusker Cable Network?

Nexus

:snacks:

He acknowledged talking about a shared TV network possibility with both the Pac-10 and Atlantic Coast Conference. The proposal would also allow Big 12 schools a chance to maximize individual TV revenue. Think a possible Longhorn or Cornhusker cable network, for example.

LINK

FWIW, Pac-10 and Big XII have TV contracts with Fox Sports Network and both contracts will expire in 2012. Current TV deal details.

If I was the Big XII I'd push hard to try to get a deal done with NBC. Right now the only college football games that NBC plays are Notre Dame games, which Notre Dame hasn't been able to produce for NBC. To be the only school with a deal with NBC is kind of ridiculous. Sure it was viable when they were averaging 9 or 10 wins a season throughout the 90s and then the early 00s, but they haven't done anything in a while. A Big XII NBC deal in 2012 will force Notre Dame to look more seriously about joining the Big 10, giving the Big 10 their conference championship.

Add to that the 4 major networks would each have at least one BCS conference games exclusively. (CBS the SEC, ESPN/ABC the Big 10, Fox Sports the Pac 10 (though that's split between them and ESPN/ABC), then in the future NBC the Big XII)

I think if we're going to see something really big with College Football (whether it goes to a playoff or not and what's going to happen with BCS conference expansion) will be decided during the 2012 season. Why? Because everyone's TV deals expire at that time.

I'd pay for a Husker channel.......... :thumbs

I would too. I'd also like it to have 'homer' voices in the booth.

T_O_B

:thumbs

Is there any talk of a BigXII Network. I know this has been thrown around. You have the Mountain West and Big 10. Sec, has CBS. Isn't it time for the Big XII? I would love to see it.

It would be nice to have a Big XII channel like the Little 11 has...I know I would pay to get it!!!!

It is amazing they haven't pulled this off yet. I get that there aren't as many TV screens, but I think it would be a more popular add outside of the Big 12 than the Big 10 network is.

If the Mountain West Conference can do it, then so can the Big XII. We just have to realize that the majority of the Big XII TV market resides in Texas, Missouri and Colorado.