CB Tevin Mitchel

Nexus

true but we are also graduating 4 DB's. I honestly think that both Jackson and Mitchel could come in and start by their redshirt frosh years if they redshirt at all. From the outside it looks like we are loaded at corner but IMO we are pretty thin in the coming years especially if Mitchel jumps ship. We have Green, Evans, Mitchell, Washington, Bell and who else? Out of those guys how many have contributed at all so far, Evans? We absolutely need to hang on to both corners we have committed.

Lazarri Middleton, dont think he has seen the feild though.

Im not too worried, this is why i would like an early signing period. Schools like Nebraska dont have the same advantage being so far away from the main pipelines we have created. Im not too worried that he will jump ship.

I for one am worried about this one. His mother lives near Fayetteville and his father has family all around Arkansas. This could get iffy.

On a football front the positive of playing for Bo and this staff severly trumps the staff and defense at Pig Suey. Same with acedemics. With the athletic complex they are building as we speak, the facilities could be a push. Playing in the SEC has a slight edge over playing in the Big X.

But it will come down to Tevin's personal comfort, and with all that support group right around the corner it may become too much for NU to overcome.

I obviously hope Tevin sees the opportunity that lays here in Lincoln for him now and his future, both as a person and as well as an athlete.

Just don't like the Pig Suey thing....unless Dana Altman is standing there with no clue trying to chant along.

From a football stance this kid would be absolutely stupid to decommit. Like I have said in the past, If you are a defensive back and you don't go play for someone named Pelini or Saban given the chance you are an idiot. Going to play at Arkansas would be like going to Mizzou to play DB.

From a football stance this kid would be absolutely stupid to decommit. Like I have said in the past, If you are a defensive back and you don't go play for someone named Pelini or Saban given the chance you are an idiot. Going to play at Arkansas would be like going to Mizzou to play DB.

Rivals did a study a year (or two?) ago that surveyed a bunch of recruits, and the most common reason for signing with a school was proximity to home. There's more to the recruiting process that who had the best defensive backfield in the last year.

• Fire 1

Rivals did a study a year (or two?) ago that surveyed a bunch of recruits, and the most common reason for signing with a school was proximity to home. There's more to the recruiting process that who had the best defensive backfield in the last year.

I agree GMoose. That is why I started the passage with "From a football stance..."

This was a list of why kids pick certain schools

• Whether the athlete made an “official visit” to a specific college

• Whether the school is in a BCS conference

• The distance from the high school athlete’s hometown to a specific school

• Whether the recruit is in the same state as a specific school

• The final AP Ranking of a specific school in the previous year of competition

• The number of conference titles a school has recorded in recent years

• Whether the school is currently under a “bowl ban” for violating NCAA rules

• The current number of scholarship reductions a school faces for violating NCAA rules

• The size of the team’s stadium (measured in terms of seating capacity)

• Whether the school has an on-campus stadium

• The current age of the team’s stadium

• The current number of scholarship reductions a school faces for violating NCAA rules

Seriously? Where'd you find this? Seems bogus to me. The current age of the team's stadium? Notre Dames is old, Minnesota's is brand new. Think that matters? If Rivals used this list in some survey that asked the recruits to rank in order which they felt was most important to them...then the list is MAJORLY skewed towards the regional questions. How about academics, weather, facilities, coaching, etc? I wouldn't put stock in anything that this list determined.

Here is one Andy Staples did a couple years ago. It's pretty good, and actually uses Nebraska as a direct example.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/andy_staples/01/20/recruiting/

Here is a list of why NEBRASKA Student Athletes Pick Nebraska taken from Huskers.com article:

Based on that system, the consensus of the recruits willing to share their individual priorities is:

1) Coaches

2) Game-day atmosphere (fan loyalty/quality of people)

3) Tradition/culture (bowl history, major award winners, success in the NFL)

4) Strength and conditioning program

5) Academic support/life skills program

6) Athletic Director

7) Major degree offering/campus atmosphere

8) Facilities (including locker room, weight room, etc.)

9) Players (past, present and future)

10) Nutrition/medical services

Linky----huskers.com

Would love to see Mitchel stick with NU, but if not, then best of luck to him.

I've said in the past that I have a lot of confidence in our staff's ability to coach up players on the defensive side of the ball. Bo's track record proves it. Therefore, I'm not too worried about losing out on these highly ranked defensive recruits. Get the players that want to be here and coach them up. The rest will take care of itself.

• Fire 1