OT Andrus Peat [Stanford Commit]

Nexus

According to Sporting News (for whatever that's worth):

Considering: Florida State, Nebraska, Stanford, USC

The latest: It’s hard to see Peat going anywhere other than Nebraska, where his brother already plays and one of his prep teammates is heading. There is early playing time to be had on the offensive line, and historically it’s been a great place for linemen. “Distance isn’t an issue,” Peat told Sporting News this past year. “ … If it’s halfway across the country and I fit in the best, I’ll go there.”

SN’s guess: Nebraska in a landslide

Yep. So when is Andrus going to announce? His dad said it's not his personality to make it a national signing day hoopla... so before then? Maybe after he gets back from USC?

He has been set to announce on signing day for a while, but I would not be surprised at all to see him pull the trigger within the next week.

I live in Los Angeles and work about 5 miles from USC's campus. It's a beautiful 78 degrees today without a cloud in the sky. Sure hope weather isn't factor in his decision. My guess is they drive recruits to the campus through downtown L.A. past Staples Center and L.A. Live and completely avoid the heart of South Central L.A. which is on the opposite side of the campus and coliseum.

ehh, if he has held out this long, he will wait the next 2 weeks.

I heard he was going to announce live on ESPN on national signing day but ESPN wanted to know who he was committing to first before they decided if they were going to cover it or not. Peat told them he wasn't going to tell them and so they had to cancel his announcement spot because they didn't want to air it if he was going to commit to Nebraska and they didn't want to take the chance that he did.

I heard he was going to announce live on ESPN on national signing day but ESPN wanted to know who he was committing to first before they decided if they were going to cover it or not. Peat told them he wasn't going to tell them and so they had to cancel his announcement spot because they didn't want to air it if he was going to commit to Nebraska and they didn't want to take the chance that he did.

If true, that's a bunch of baby back bullsh#t right there!

If true, that's a bunch of baby back bullsh#t right there!

WTH?!?! Why on Earth would ESPN deny one of the top prospects on their board a once and a lifetime moment to announce his future on National TV? That's cheap.

What's the "source" when you say, "I heard"?

What's the "source" when you say, "I heard"?

Sorry, i forgot the sarcasm emoticon.:)

• Mavric unlocked this topic