OT Andrus Peat [Stanford Commit]

Nexus

Andrus to NU = Starting LT

I tend to think this as well. Especially with Sirles starting at LG against Iowa, I'd be interested to see how this lineup would look next year:

LT - Peat

LG - Sirles

C - Reeves

RG - Long

RT - T. Moore

Under most circumstances, starting two Juniors, a Soph and two Freshmen would scare the crap out of me but I think that unit would have the talent to be really good and play together for a long time.

As far as how many linemen per class, if you look at five spots times two deep you absolutely need 10 that can get the job done. Even if they're all here for five years, that's for sure two per class so I would think that would be the absolute minimum. Five last year was great. I'd feel a lot better with three per class but I'd "settle" for Thurston and Peat.

I tend to think this as well. Especially with Sirles starting at LG against Iowa, I'd be interested to see how this lineup would look next year:

LT - Peat

LG - Sirles

C - Reeves

RG - Long

RT - T. Moore

Under most circumstances, starting two Juniors, a Soph and two Freshmen would scare the crap out of me but I think that unit would have the talent to be really good and play together for a long time.

As far as how many linemen per class, if you look at five spots times two deep you absolutely need 10 that can get the job done. Even if they're all here for five years, that's for sure two per class so I would think that would be the absolute minimum. Five last year was great. I'd feel a lot better with three per class but I'd "settle" for Thurston and Peat.

I'd have Choi at LG

LT - Peat

LG - Sirles

C - Reeves

RG - Long

RT - T. Moore

I'd have Choi at LG

I think Arod would benefit if he lost about 20-30 pounds before next year. He just seemed to be too big to move when he was out in space. Any word on how Klachko looked this fall?

LT - Peat

LG - Sirles

C - Reeves

RG - Long

RT - T. Moore

I'd have Choi at LG

I think it will be either Choi or Rodriguez, I hope he takes a large leap.

Anyone think Klachko could start?

I believe he did exceptionally well on the scout team and should be ready come next year for some serious playing time.

That would be very different from what I was told. He struggled a lot just like most freshman. He was regularly pushed around and he had a hard time learning the center calls even though he spent lots of time with Garrison. He probably won't get the chance to play there and they were counting on him to be ready next year. Now Long will most likely have to move over for a year.

I believe he did exceptionally well on the scout team and should be ready come next year for some serious playing time.

That would be very different from what I was told. He struggled a lot just like most freshman. He was regularly pushed around and he had a hard time learning the center calls even though he spent lots of time with Garrison. He probably won't get the chance to play there and they were counting on him to be ready next year. Now Long will most likely have to move over for a year.

Reeves or Klachko has struggled (or both)? Because I know Klachko had experience at center but I thought it was widely viewed as reeves at center and klachko a guard so im not sure why long would have to move over.

Reeves or Klachko has struggled (or both)? Because I know Klachko had experience at center but I thought it was widely viewed as reeves at center and klachko a guard so im not sure why long would have to move over.

Both have had issues but it sounds like Reeve has come along some and would be a good back up center or perhaps another line spot too. Klatch was pretty much always slated to be center and at one time they thought he might play this past year. Then he got here and struggle a touch more than what we had hoped. The put him with Garrison for extra study and from the sounds of it the light hasnt come on just yet. He'll have an ok outing then a pretty bad one at center. Thats to be expected. I would guess both guys will get another look in spring with Long, Pelini and from the sounds of it Justin Jackson.

edit: For the record... the quote I responded to first....in your defense the OWH did state that Klatch had done well on scout team. I laughed when I read that becuase I had just learned that day that Klatch was still struggling quite a bit. And what the paper had in it that day was pretty much BS with what was coming from the coaches.

Both have had issues but it sounds like Reeve has come along some and would be a good back up center or perhaps another line spot too. Klatch was pretty much always slated to be center and at one time they thought he might play this past year. Then he got here and struggle a touch more than what we had hoped. The put him with Garrison for extra study and from the sounds of it the light hasnt come on just yet. He'll have an ok outing then a pretty bad one at center. Thats to be expected. I would guess both guys will get another look in spring with Long, Pelini and from the sounds of it Justin Jackson.

edit: For the record... the quote I responded to first....in your defense the OWH did state that Klatch had done well on scout team. I laughed when I read that becuase I had just learned that day that Klatch was still struggling quite a bit. And what the paper had in it that day was pretty much BS with what was coming from the coaches.

They must be confident in Cotton being fully recovered if they are willing to move Long.

• Mavric unlocked this topic