OT Andrus Peat [Stanford Commit]

Nexus

I would say that Peat was a need, not a want. Yes we have potential already on our line, but Peat is the cream of the crop, and you always need more OL commits.

This is stanford's OL 2012 class - 5* Andrus Peat, 4* Joshua Garnett, 4* Graham Shuler, 4* Brandon Fanaika, 4* Nick Davidson & 3* Johnny Caspers

I'm not divulging in their stars here, I'm simply pointing out that they will take a large amount of quality lineman recruits. They have, next to Wisconsin, the most cerebral line year in and year out. In sum, OL recruits are always a must (especially when they're the number 2 in the nation).

With that said, there will be great-elite players that come from this class, just like any other year. I'm excited about Jordan and Armstrong. I think they both have a great future here. I'm also very excited for the LB class we had, which was more than anything, a need. And I'm excited about Cross.

Good luck to Peat--sounds like he had his priorities straight, and anyone that thinks a DoNU diploma outshines a Stanford one needs to go to Kool-Aid rehab, ASAP.

Really shocked at all the chicken little responses and ill will towards Peat. I thought Nebraska fans were better than the common vermin that drags programs like Oklahoma and Texas down, but I guess not. Sad, really.

sure it does... too bad most jobs dont really care.

Not true--depends on who does the hiring.

Not saying it's the only factor considered in employment--just saying it *is* a factor, and depending on the school and region of the U.S. you're in, it can be a significant factor.

Case in point--Dallas Ft. Worth and TCU/SMU grads. Employers around here think they walk on water, for better or worse.

with your first job yes... but once you have experience no one cares.

Not true. Again, come to DFW and witness how the SMU/TCU buddy system works. And not just with first jobs.

Good luck to Peat--sounds like he had his priorities straight, and anyone that thinks a DoNU diploma outshines a Stanford one needs to go to Kool-Aid rehab, ASAP.

Really shocked at all the chicken little responses and ill will towards Peat. I thought Nebraska fans were better than the common vermin that drags programs like Oklahoma and Texas down, but I guess not. Sad, really.

sure it does... too bad most jobs dont really care.

Not true--depends on who does the hiring.

Not saying it's the only factor considered in employment--just saying it *is* a factor, and depending on the school and region of the U.S. you're in, it can be a significant factor.

Case in point--Dallas Ft. Worth and TCU/SMU grads. Employers around here think they walk on water, for better or worse.

with your first job yes... but once you have experience no one cares.

Not true. Again, come to DFW and witness how the SMU/TCU buddy system works. And not just with first jobs.

ok so in dallas in your field it is that way....must be the same way everywhere. again I'm not saying it doesnt matter at all but most places care more about your work experience than where you went. I have heard this from numerous different people in numerous fields.

You can't compare this class to all 120 schools (with Furman, Florida Atlantic, etc.). You have to compare it with its peers, which would be Ohio State, Michigan, and Wisconsin. That's not even going out of conference.

I'm not saying we have to have 20 4/5 stars like Alabama, but this class.... is lacking relative to our peers', to say the least.

Doesn't matter how you compare it. It's still not a bad class.

You can't simply focus on the stars we signed. The crucial thing is, did we fill needs? O Line was not a need in this class. LB was a need. QB was a need. CB was a need (and we're short there, although CJ making it to campus will help).

We never signed the top class in the Big 8, either. Seemed to do OK there. We signed a top class once, near as I can remember. Failed miserably with it, too.

Didn't say it was a bad class. I didn't say I was using stars to evaluate it.

However, right now, you can't say it's a great class. That claim can be made after they've achieved success on the field, but right now, you can't compare it to the other elite schools'. It's a fine class as it stands, but with a completely non objective view, I would be hard pressed to say I wouldn't trade it for two dozen other classes out there.

Ha, you have got to be kidding! Please do enlighten us as to which two dozen other classes you would perfer this team brought in. (Not a mythical PS3 roster, but NU's current one.) And feel free to use that "completely non objective view" you spoke of.

This stinks.

But I like Whittaker a little better anyway. That kid is athletic, fast, a mauler, played against better competition, and wasn't highly touted (insert chip on shoulder). Both of these guys = awesome. But getting one is nice anyway.

Don't forget about the guy from Arvada, he was 4* and commited months ago. We'll put together a nice O-line for the next 3-5 yrs.

Barney needs to be replaced.

WOOHOO! What an amazing class!! Awesome!!

Do you people really believe this stuff?

What did Nebraska finish ranked this year... #24?? What is their current recruiting rank on rivals... 24?? Alabama finished #1 last year... #1 in recruiting this year. Coincidence?

Recruiting is directly related to success on the field. Keep accepting mediocre recruiting classes, don't be mad when you finish with mediocre season

If you people are happy with 9-win seasons, fine. I, for one, am not.

• Fire 1

As far as an average star rating goes..... which actually should mean more. We are tied with Oregon for 14th...without VV. Currently ahead of LSU(17 rated class) Miami (8th) and others who have better rated classes according to how rivals scores classes. Were 24th. But top 15 when you consider average stars, and really we are a mere .2 away from being 10-12 in average stars. Meaning 10-15 are pretty close. Depending on how you look at it, its a very good class, depends if you have a negative outlook or a positive outlook, you can find arguements to support both cases.

• Mavric unlocked this topic