OT Andrus Peat [Stanford Commit]

Nexus

Picking Stanford shows this kid is smart. He's going to school for academics first, football second. Nebraska has good academics but no one can argue the weight that Stanford holds over Nebraska. They are one of the top 10 academic programs in the country. And they have had a lot of success recently. More than we have. Nebraska, as much as I hate to say it, has been stagnant/ even declining over the past 4 years. We haven't been to a BCS bowl in over a decade and we're getting to the point where recruits are too young to remember it. Nebraska needs to have a good season soon cause we are starting to be viewed by recruits as history and not present. :(

this class isn't very good.

I hope you're not quitting your day job to become a talent analyst.

It seems that this would be the consensus view among any scouting service or respected recruiting followers, no?

I realize the important thing right now is to stay positive, especially after losing the 2nd ranked Tackle in the nation, but how are you going to savor this class at the moment?

You can say this class could end up being great, but without hindsight, this class does not stack up with the other school's classes.

Again, I realize you're trying to stay positive, so I wouldn't badger you about it.

We have a top 25 class. Out of 120 D1A schools, that is far from "average." Sure, other schools have better classes. What's different about that than the other 120-something years of Husker football? We've never won a championship with a #1 class.

Better buy some new office furniture for South stadium.

What's the story? It sounds like you are saying that the coaches thought he was coming . . . was Peat telling multiple parties what they wanted to hear?

think he was just saying the impending meltdown will quickly turn to "these coaches can't recruit" which will turn into "fire Bo"

Edit: (or fire cottton - which i'm all for :) )

I don't think it will. Most here are pretty level-headed regarding recruiting. It is an inexact science, one cannot tell until after the fact (usually 3 years out) how good it really is. And again, this is a very solid class on paper --- at this point in time all we can say is NU landed some talent at the right positions and go with that.

Peat would have been nice --- but to choose a Stanford education in a top 7-10 football program... one can hardly criticise his choice. That he almost chose NU over that actually is a real positive commentary on NU.

Picking Stanford shows this kid is smart. He's going to school for academics first, football second. Nebraska has good academics but no one can argue the weight that Stanford holds over Nebraska. They are one of the top 10 academic programs in the country. And they have had a lot of success recently. More than we have. Nebraska, as much as I hate to say it, has been stagnant/ even declining over the past 4 years. We haven't been to a BCS bowl in over a decade and we're getting to the point where recruits are too young to remember it. Nebraska needs to have a good season soon cause we are starting to be viewed by recruits as history and not present. :(
I think winning the B10 would defiantly help make things easier. I think we've kind of viewed as on the fence.

Better buy some new office furniture for South stadium.

What's the story? It sounds like you are saying that the coaches thought he was coming . . . was Peat telling multiple parties what they wanted to hear?

think he was just saying the impending meltdown will quickly turn to "these coaches can't recruit" which will turn into "fire Bo"

Edit: (or fire cottton - which i'm all for :) )

I don't think it will. Most here are pretty level-headed regarding recruiting. It is an inexact science, one cannot tell until after the fact (usually 3 years out) how good it really is. And again, this is a very solid class on paper --- at this point in time all we can say is NU landed some talent at the right positions and go with that.

Peat would have been nice --- but to choose a Stanford education in a top 7-10 football program... one can hardly criticise his choice. That he almost chose NU over that actually is a real positive commentary on NU.

yeah I don't worry too much about losing these kids to Stanford...UCLA on the other hand...bah!!!

• Mavric unlocked this topic