The Official "What Are You Playing Now?" Thread

Recently bought an AMD FX 580 as I've been waiting forever to upgrade from my GTX 660 GPU. I wanted a really high-end AMD card like a Vega to futureproof my machine, but alas, a <$200 580 was too good a bargain to pass up. GeForce cards are by far more popular in the world of computer gaming, but I bought high-end monitor a year or so ago that is AMD FreeSync compatible (essentially a more affordable equivalent of GeForce's G-Sync) that needed an AMD GPU.

The best part is NewEgg had a special going where you get promo codes to download two of Resident Evil 2 Remake, The Division 2 or Devil May Cry 5. I'm leaning towards the first two because I've never played the DMC games. RE2 is one of my favorite childhood games and the gameplay from the remake looks amazing.

Any thoughts on The Division 2 vs. DMC 5?

46 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Recently bought an AMD FX 580 as I've been waiting forever to upgrade from my GTX 660 GPU. I wanted a really high-end AMD card like a Vega to futureproof my machine, but alas, a <$200 580 was too good a bargain to pass up. GeForce cards are by far more popular in the world of computer gaming, but I bought high-end monitor a year or so ago that is AMD FreeSync compatible (essentially a more affordable equivalent of GeForce's G-Sync) that needed an AMD GPU.

The best part is NewEgg had a special going where you get promo codes to download two of Resident Evil 2 Remake, The Division 2 or Devil May Cry 5. I'm leaning towards the first two because I've never played the DMC games. RE2 is one of my favorite childhood games and the gameplay from the remake looks amazing.

I haven't played either, but my buddy really disliked The Division 2 but liked The Division 1.

3 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Gah - I desperately need to upgrade my rig but it's about time for a full overhaul. Most of the components are circa 2013. Dropped $400 on a new GPU two years ago so that's still in good working order, though.

On 1/30/2019 at 1:02 PM, RedDenver said:

I haven't played either, but my buddy really disliked The Division 2 but liked The Division 1.

The Division 2 isn't out until mid-March 2019...I mean, it really looks like more of the same from the first Division from the press info, but I think it's too soon to judge. 

As for DMC5, if you liked the previous four, then you'll want 5. If not...then get Division 2: Electric Boogaloo. 

And if neither strike your fancy, then just get a code to one of the games and sell it.

4 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

The Division 2 isn't out until mid-March 2019...I mean, it really looks like more of the same from the first Division from the press info, but I think it's too soon to judge. 

As for DMC5, if you liked the previous four, then you'll want 5. If not...then get Division 2: Electric Boogaloo. 

And if neither strike your fancy, then just get a code to one of the games and sell it.

I must have gotten the games mixed up. Thanks for the clarification.

• 2 weeks later...

13 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

I'm counting the minutes until the Link's Awakening remake comes out on Switch. 

I'm doing the same, but for Fire Emblem--that game is my perfect blend of strategy and fantasy role play fun. 

Also, I just constructed a RetroPie Emulation Box using a Raspberry Pi 3+ last night. So far it's okay--having a problem getting ROMs to show up in the menu, but when they do, they seem to work great. 

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

I'm doing the same, but for Fire Emblem--that game is my perfect blend of strategy and fantasy role play fun. 

Also, I just constructed a RetroPie Emulation Box using a Raspberry Pi 3+ last night. So far it's okay--having a problem getting ROMs to show up in the menu, but when they do, they seem to work great. 

Oh, Fire Emblem is my jam; I just started a new playthrough of the first GBA game they ported stateside. I've never had a DS, and the Gamecube/Wii games are incredibly overpriced, so I'm looking forward to Three Houses just to have another one to play (the mobile game is nice, but it's just that: a mobile game). 

Have you played the Dynasty Warriors version of Fire Emblem? It's not really Fire Emblem, but I really, really dug the Zelda version (Hyrule Warriors), so I'm ok with the genre. I haven't gotten it because it's too focused on characters from Awakening and Fates (I believe there's no Ike, Roy, Hector, etc), but I'm hoping there's a sequel. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

Oh, Fire Emblem is my jam; I just started a new playthrough of the first GBA game they ported stateside. I've never had a DS, and the Gamecube/Wii games are incredibly overpriced, so I'm looking forward to Three Houses just to have another one to play (the mobile game is nice, but it's just that: a mobile game). 

Have you played the Dynasty Warriors version of Fire Emblem? It's not really Fire Emblem, but I really, really dug the Zelda version (Hyrule Warriors), so I'm ok with the genre. I haven't gotten it because it's too focused on characters from Awakening and Fates (I believe there's no Ike, Roy, Hector, etc), but I'm hoping there's a sequel. 

I wanted to pick it up, but I have a HUGE backlog and couldn't justify the purchase. 

On 2/14/2019 at 10:53 AM, VectorVictor said:

Fire Emblem just got pushed back, didn't it?