Zac Lee will be the starter

im sorry but you cannot just look at a piece of paper with stats on it and say hes good to average. Or "he graded high on some test" ..football is not played on paper. Lee may be fast in the open field...but he is quite possibly the worst QB i have ever seen try to run the ball. The first few games against sun belt teams he looked good and threw very accurate, very strong passes. I did notice a big drop in both accuracy and arm strength and always thought "what the hell happend to him",well we all know now. Lee should be better this year, because it all starts up front. If we give him time to throw he will make better passes. If he has to scramble for his life again, he will look like a fish out of water...like 2009..and fall to the ground when someone touches him....or run with his head down affraid to get hit.

Its pretty sad we have to bring up 2 passes at MO, and a good pass a KU..because he only made a few good passes in big 12 play, those plays were easy to remember...and any high school qb could have thrown the first one to paul at MO is was so wide open. In his defense if we can block for him i see him being a pretty good passer (basing that off the few games he wasnt hurt)..i really hate seeing him run in traffic..its a disgrace.

Exactly, and I think we all have to be honest that Witt wouldn't have been any better. It's no wonder Clownahan kept bringing in QBs from other D1 schools and JuCos. The first thing this staff needs to shore up is the OL. I think we either have one here or soon will have a QB to run whatever offense they're trying to run. Lee isn't nearly as bad as some on here are making him out to be. If we have the woes fixed on the OL, our offense should look just fine this year. I highly doubt we'll have a top 25 offense, but I don't think to win we need one.

We did win 10 games last year.

Im not saying that our offense won them all. they didnt. We have to look at the facts though.

It starts up front, in the trenches. They were hurt/injured and lacked depth.

Our QB was a first year starter who played like it at times, but also showed promise.

He was also injured early on and it clearly was apparent on the field with play calling and performance.

His back up was a true freshmen who does posess all the physical tools to be great, we will just have to waith and see and let him develop. It was clear in "big" games that he wasnt ready IMO needed to redshirt. Injuries prevented this.

Our backfield was hampered before the season started with the loss of Q(he would have helped).

Helu and Rex both dealt with injuries. Helu's were nagging throughout the season.

Trey was a true Freshmen who was forced into playing time due to injuries ahead of him.

With all that said, last year was a struggle, but we showed grit as team to fight through these adversities.

The blame simply can not be laid at the feet of Zac Lee. THis is a team game.

I will support whomever the staff is most confident in to lead this team come September.

IMO its Zacs job to lose.

GBR

The whole thing boils down to this: He's not the best. He's the best available.

Well, that's what this thread is all about. I most certainly don't think he's the "best" available whatsoever. That would be far, far too depressing to comprehend. One year of that guy is enough for me for like.....forever. But you do. That's fair enough. So we'll see!

GBR!!

Do you honestly think Bo is not trying to win every game.

What is the most important position on the team to win games.

He is putting the best on the field.

Giving Green a chance, he has had several, and did little with it.

Losing a game early due to a test is not going to fly with most fans.

Starting Green and having to pull him to win against South Dakota will certainly destroy any confidence the kid might have.

If Lee is as bad as last year, the chances of the youngsters righting the ship is slight. If Green truly had the talent of some of the top freshmen he would have stayed on the field. He did not. I doubt that his ability has changed that much in the last few months. I think he is project at best, and has no need for any setbacks at this time.

Most feel he is the answer, and if he is he will be supported fully. But right now that is up in the air. After fall practice we will know who is the frontrunner.

Well, that's what this thread is all about. I most certainly don't think he's the "best" available whatsoever. That would be far, far too depressing to comprehend. One year of that guy is enough for me for like.....forever. But you do. That's fair enough. So we'll see!

GBR!!

And all anyone has ever asked those who say Zac isn't the best available is one simple question: Who is better?

Who is better in your mind, and what qualifications do you have to make those choices.

We have a lot of very knowledgeable fans on this site, some we agree with and sometimes we don't, but I still do not feel that there is one poster here that is nearly qualified to make the choices over Bo. Until I see that I will continue to believe he is putting the absolute best chance to win on the field.

That is enough for me on this topic.

I think Lee will be the starter.

Bo Knows!

Just because the 'best athlete' is on the field doesn't mean he knows what the hell he is doing, especially at QB. And for any genius who thinks that there isn't a learning curve, and that a QB will just learn with playing experience and win games because he is fast or athletic, you better not be the person that is bitching because the inexperience loses 4-5 games in a tough conference and tough Non-conference games. Ask Tommie Frazier how easy that is at Washington and at Iowa St.

No way man, Lee is officially the stuff. I mean, who wants the 6'4" super fast, freakishly athletic black guy with the cannon attached to his shoulder, or the slightly smaller, quicker, faster, black guy with the rocket attached to his shoulder back there. Or anybody else because (a)we haven't seen them play yet and (b)they can't be any better than the guy we've seen play. Lord knows those two should never get a shot because {c}they don't have 100X the physical skills of the returning starter, and (d)are only lacking game experience to actually be good.

I get it now, it's clear. I'm on board.

Its simple math: a + b + c + d = Lee.

Lee, Lee he's our man, if he can't do it, no one can!

All together now!

Lee, Lee he's our man, if he can't do it, No One Can!

YAY Lee!

you're either trolling or you're stupid.

Did you actually watch Green when he played last year? You know, when he couldn't outplay the white boy with multiple injuries?

Seriously, you have got to be kidding me.

Lee is the best QB we have, and he will be starting. Deal with it.

No way man, Lee is officially the stuff. I mean, who wants the 6'4" super fast, freakishly athletic black guy with the cannon attached to his shoulder, or the slightly smaller, quicker, faster, black guy with the rocket attached to his shoulder back there. Or anybody else because (a)we haven't seen them play yet and (b)they can't be any better than the guy we've seen play. Lord knows those two should never get a shot because {c}they don't have 100X the physical skills of the returning starter, and (d)are only lacking game experience to actually be good.

I get it now, it's clear. I'm on board.

Its simple math: a + b + c + d = Lee.

Lee, Lee he's our man, if he can't do it, no one can!

All together now!

Lee, Lee he's our man, if he can't do it, No One Can!

YAY Lee!

you're either trolling or you're stupid.

Did you actually watch Green when he played last year? You know, when he couldn't outplay the white boy with multiple injuries?

Seriously, you have got to be kidding me.

Lee is the best QB we have, and he will be starting. Deal with it.

You have zero authority regarding our starting qb. Bo says it's an open race. Deal with it.

This is the PROBLEM!

Why is a guy who doesn't belong in this league our starter. Why are people so happy he is our best? How come only a few of us are outraged that a decent qb can't be coaxed into wearing a husker uni? I don't want to hear how ''he's our best guy, so we are supporting him.'' Everyone on this board was complaining about his play last year. Now it's all forgotten? Good luck thinking that elbow surgery is going to transform him.

As for the folks who say Plan Nine, bshirt, or myself have no credentials to be suspect of Lee and that the coaches know everything and we know nothing - wasn't a guy with 1yr eligibility and 1 yr remaining brought in for a look before last year ? I don't care if he was the No. 1 recruit 4 years earlier. The only schools that gave him a look were desperate! Now we know why we were one of 'em.

I also remember Lee didn't get a ton of recruiting interest in football because baseball was his #1 sport. I don't see MLB teams knocking down his door. Now he is leading our team in what was sport #2 for him. Don't we at least deserve a qb who will be looked at next April? Grab the battering rams and torches and head to north stadium now!

I never said we have a better guy, I just have to assume so. That guy needs to see the field. I know Lee is incapable of getting us to where we want to go. Put someone with the raw ability out there and give them the chance to succeed. Lee will fall short of maximizing our teams potential and then we start anew next fall with someone else. I say, have some growing pains this year and hit the ground running the next. :koolaid2:

Why are people so happy he is our best? How come only a few of us are outraged that a decent qb can't be coaxed into wearing a husker uni?

This is the major disconnect in this thread. Everyone in the "anti-Lee" camp seems to think that everyone in the "pro-Lee' camp is just sunshine and daisies in love with the guy and thinks he's the second coming of Vince Ferragamo. We don't.

Speaking for myself, but I suspect this is what most people are thinking, we're supporting OUR GUY, the guy who's wearing our jersey. We're rallying around him and hoping for the best.

There's something to be said for trusting your coaches and supporting your players. I never would have suspected to see a guy on OUR roster thrown under the bus like Zac Lee has been, for no other reason than that he wasn't a "great" quarterback on a crappy offensive team. That's a reasonably sad thing, I think.

• Fire 1