QB Race

I'm still confused as to where all this assumption is coming from for Martinez. For a guy who hasn't played a snap of division one football, we only saw in a spring game, and have only heard what "inside" sources have said, some seem to be riding pretty high on him.

I felt the same way about Green last year with all the buzz on him and he didn't perform too well in the season against tougher competition. If the rumors are right and that T-Mart will start, I just hope that he's not another QB who didn't live up to the hype.

Hey guys, y'all should read the rivals update on the pelini press conference... interesting take on his comments about the QB and why he's staying "mum" about it. Looking more and more like Martinez is indeed the guy.

Sorry, but we have guys posting here who know more than some Rivals guy who watched Bo's presser from hundreds/thousands of miles away.

With our preseason ranking putting us into position, our defense keeping us in every game and our O Line (allegedly) improving enough to make the offense competitive, we actually have a shot at a MNC this year. I would be surprised if we put that shot in the hands of a redshirt freshman making the first starts of his career. If you're going to do that you have to be balls-out confident that this guy is so head-and-shoulders above the other guys on your team that he has to be in at QB.

If Bo puts him in, he had better be sure.

Is that a description of Alabama heading into last year? I believe they also lost a close conference title game the year before.

Hey guys, y'all should read the rivals update on the pelini press conference... interesting take on his comments about the QB and why he's staying "mum" about it. Looking more and more like Martinez is indeed the guy.

Sorry, but we have guys posting here who know more than some Rivals guy who watched Bo's presser from hundreds/thousands of miles away.

The author that miamihrrncns2001 is talking about who wrote that article about the QB topic which was again brought up in the press conference today was Sean Callahan and he two believes that T-Mart will start this Saturday.

Um yeah... I would be one of those people, in case my other comments were missed earlier in the thread??

I was just giving one more article that says martinez looks likely...?