QB Race

Even though my thread just got deleted (for whatever reason) I just wanted to point out something in today's press conference. When asked about Martinez, Bo said "We recruited Taylor as a Quarterback."

was just coming to post this. pretty funny stuff. vindication, eh saunders? :LOLtartar

It's not about vindication, but the truth. So many people take what they hear at Huskers Illustrated as gospel, without checking around for 5 seconds. Many of the false rumors seem to originate on the forums there as well.

i dont mean to be a jerk to them either but what happens is one of the respected posters believes something happened a certain way (call it revisionist history) so then all of the other lackeys follow those words and argue it to death backing it up with articles that have nothing to do with the argument or are from a shaky source.

for future reference, when rivals labels a recruit as an "athlete" (or rb for that matter) that doesnt mean that the school is recruiting them as an athlete. take for example james wilder jr. he is listed as an "athlete" but he will be playing rb for fsu.

in closing: Bo Pelini is not a member of the rivals inc. staff.

On another board, a poster with a source that has proven reliable in the past is stating that T-Magic has practiced exlusively with the 1's so far this week, while Lee has practiced with the 1's and 2's. Take it FWIW.

I've seen this type of report a few different places as well. Maybe why Bo is playing things so close to the vest? Saturday can't get here fast enough...

There was a lot of T-mart talk during the presser today. A little ZLee stuff and almost mo mention of Green.

A lot of the T-mart stemmed from media questions but Bo elaborated quite a bit.

The quote that hit it for me though was this......

"I have an idea who it is but I'm not announcing it because I don't want it to turn into a circus around here."

If ZLee was the started would it be a circus???? Probably not.

There was a lot of T-mart talk during the presser today. A little ZLee stuff and almost mo mention of Green.

"I have an idea who it is but I'm not announcing it because I don't want it to turn into a circus around here."

Sipple made the same comment in a tweet.

Good point.

I just got off the phone with a friend, and he feels that T-Mart will start. Pretty close to the program.

I just find it hard to pass on experience, but this is a pretty easy game, get the bugs out and see what you really have on the field.

I think which ever way we go we will be in adequate hands. I know T-Mart is a tremendous talent. I know Zac knows the system. It is good that we have both. Going to be a great year for Nebraska I think.

Good point.

Wow would have never expected TayMart to be named the starter a few months ago...

And what the hell happen to Green!

I still think all three QBs will play in the first two games. Let's face it, the competition isn't very good for those games. Western Kentucky is one of the worst football teams in FBS and Idaho, while better, still isn't very good. Just because one individual is trotting out on the field to start the WKU game, doesn't mean that will be the starter for the rest of the year.

In other words, not much will be resolved on the QB front after the first two weeks of football.

Just my opinion though.

ive been hearing the same thing. im not against either Lee or Martinez starting (as i said earlier in the thread) and simply put if Martinez gives us the best chance to win then by all means play the man!

if its true, and i have reason to believe it is, then there are going to be a lot of upset ppl on here...just remember that if he is the best we have then he moves the offense best between both his running AND passing.

I say start which ever QB gives us the best shot at a conference title and possibly a BCS game. My choice would be Zac Lee. But if it does end up being Taylor Martinez or Cody Green, I will not back down from my expectations for the Huskers. They better be prepared to do everything that Zac Lee was expected to do, a conference title and a chance to play in a BCS bowl. Anything less than that from either Taylor or Cody and I will wonder what our season would have been like under Zac Lee.

if its true, and i have reason to believe it is, then there are going to be a lot of upset ppl on here

You're probably right, but there shouldn't be any upset people here. The guy who starts is going to be the guy who impressed the coaches the most in practice. If that's Lee or Green or Martinez or Kellogg or Washington or Carnes, what's the difference?

The people who are going to be upset about whichever quarterback starts are the people whose posts I'm most likely to ignore while reading threads. Just because you put a Husker t-shirt on your back doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.

• Fire 1