Bo Breaks Down How Several Players Did At Camp

Twenty-ten's first edition of The Nebraska Coaches Show is now in the books. The voice of the Huskers, Greg Sharpe, went through many of the players with Coach Pelini to get his comments. Here are some notes from this part of the show:

On Jared Crick being named preseason Big 12 player of the year on defense - I don't know about player of the year. Cracks me up you can pick a player of the year before you even play a snap. Hopefully he can follow up what he did last year.

Pierre Allen has had as good of a camp as anybody, poised to have a big year for us.

Cameron Meredith - Good football player, played well for us last year, gonna be a force for us, I'm looking forward to watching him play this year.

Baker Steinkuhler - One of three or four guys competing for that spot next to Crick. Terrence Moore is going to rotate in there with Baker. Thaddeus Randle and Chase Rome are also in the mix.

Josh Williams will get a lot more playing time this year.

Jason Ankrah - He has some ability, trying to figure out some things on the mental aspect of it, has a chance to be pretty good.

Thaddeus Randle has a chance to be a really good football player for us.

Will Compton - Will needs to pick it up, needs to be a big part of what our football team is doing on the defensive side of the ball, he needs to step in and fill the shoes of Phil Dillard and with Sean Fisher going down I think he's hopefully ready to do that.

Eric Martin - Very talented, people can see he can be a physical football player, needs to mature as a football player, has a ways to go yet.

Eric Hagg - Really stepped it up, versatile, smart, plays a number of different spots for us.

Gomes - Can play a bunch of different spots. I think he's one of the better football players on the team.

P.J. Smith - Really stepped up and had a good fall camp. He's smart, he's instinctive, very rarely out of position, gonna be a force in there at the safety position.

Anthony West - Almost exclusively playing safety, a little bit of nickel and dime. If he can just clean up his tackling he's going to be a really good football player for us.

Rickey Thenarse - He's really come a long way, mental aspect of the game is better, has a chance to have a really good year for us.

Jase Dean - A good special teams guy.

Austin Cassidy - He's physical, tough, continues to get better, works hard, good football player.

Alex Henery - I don't know how you can get much better.

Zac Lee - He has the most experience but really hurt himself missing spring ball.

Cody Green - He stepped it up and has a better understanding of the offense now. Gets more comfortable each and every day, put into some tough situations, had to grow up in a hurry last year. I think that experience he had will help him.

Taylor Martinez - Explosive athlete, strong arm, talented.

Latravis Washington - Going to use him some on special teams.

Carnes - Fast, explosive, he can throw, trying to learn the offense, going to be a good football player.

Roy Helu, Jr. - He's had a more consistent camp, hasn't had any nicks, or bumps or bruises. I think he's gonna have a great year.

Rex Burkhead - Rex is Rex, he just comes to play every day. I think he's gonna be a huge part of our offense, heckuva football player.

Dontrayevous Robinson - He's bigger, he's 235 now. Had a really good camp, gives us that big back element, big physical guy.

Ryan Hill - Has been playing at fullback, but he can help you at tight end too.

Niles Paul - Had a good camp, on the field and off the field he's a leader, comes to work every day.

Niles Paul, Brandon Kinnie & Mike McNeill - Three guys who will give some problems to defensive backfields.

Quincy Enunwa - Had a heckuva camp, he's someone whose going to help us as a true freshman, explosive athlete.

Kyler Reed - He made as much improvement as anybody on the football team.

Ricky Henry - Has had a great camp, played with a bad shoulder last year but I think he's healthy now.

Cole Pensick - He moved from D-tackle to center.

Jermarcus "Yoshi" Hardrick - Has come a long way, had a lot to learn in a short amount of time, plays with an attitude, loves to play, great hustle.

Andrew Rodriguez - I think he's gonna be one of the great ones who've played here.

Pretty high praise for A-Rod.

Zac Lee - He has the most experience but really hurt himself missing spring ball.

:blink:

That doesn't surprise me, T-Mart will be playing alot, and even more the moment Lee sneezes wrong. And I hope it's 'Bo' speak, but the way he deciphers things I'm not sure if NU could beat Lincoln High. Kidding, but still... :dunno

Really glad to hear that they will be using Latravis in more than just mop-up duty. I always felt pretty bad, being he's such a good athlete and a great person, that he switched positions only to add depth and hardly see the field last year.

Rex Burkhead - Rex is Rex, he just comes to play every day. I think he's gonna be a huge part of our offense, heckuva football player.

This just put a big smile on my face :worship

I hope CG starts just so everyone who was calling for him last year can call for his head this year chuckleshuffle

Good to hear praise from BO about these guys. Allen sounds like he's going to be a beast

I hope Green starts, Martinez replaces him, and then Lee up-ends BOTH OF THEM and ends up being the best quarterback in the league.

:horns2 :horns2 :horns2 :horns2 :horns2 :horns2

• Fire 1

I hope CG starts just so everyone who was calling for him last year can call for his head this year chuckleshuffle

Good to hear praise from BO about these guys. Allen sounds like he's going to be a beast

I hope Green starts, Martinez replaces him, and then Lee up-ends BOTH OF THEM and ends up being the best quarterback in the league.

LOVE IT!

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!

LOVE IT!

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!

THAT'S THE FREAKING SPIRIT!!!! :w00t :w00t :w00t :w00t :bigredn: :bigredn: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :throwdabones1: :throwdabones1: