K-State will it be a Redout?

HUSKERNSAV

I am for one going to this game and will be my first road trip to Manhattan. Do we tend to split the crowd pretty even for that game? The fanbase seems to be rude from what i saw on their board, should we expect a more than usual hostile crowd?

I've never been to a K-State game in Manhattan before but if I'm not mistaken there should be a ton of Husker fans there for that one? Anyone have any stories of rude fans? I thought I remember reading

one time in the OWH how a family of four took their mini van down to Manhattan for their very first Husker game and came out to find all of their tires had been slashed. Other than that I really have no idea if their fans are that bad?

I had an uncle who over a ten year stretch made numerous trips every year to all big 8 and then later big 12 stadiums and sitting in various parts of the stadiums both in the nebraska grouping and by themselves. He said by far Oklahoma was the funnest experience, Texas am was "neat", Texas was texas, Kansas, Iowa St, Oklahoma St. you could imagine was usually pretty solemn as this was throught the 90's. Kansas St. and Colorado were the two worst, Kansas St. esp once they beat us, but he also had good stories about trips to those places as well. It just all depends who you encounter.

This game is also the migration game for the student base here in Lincoln. Although, I'm really not sure how many people are going to make the trek given it's on a Thursday. Definitely not as many if it were a Saturday.

That said, we should have a pretty good showing down there.

When I went two years ago, they treated us pretty well. We tail gated with some of their fans and I was given two tickets. The KSU cheer was obnoxious and they have their own hilly billy version of the tunnel walk.. That year, they had a group of people(Neb fans) lost in a cornfield and then their mascot ran into the corn chasing the Neb. fans on the screen. The next minute it became a live version on the field of play and their mascot tackled a Neb fan and started to dry hu8p them. After a few beers at the tail gate- thats what appeared to happen. There was a small skirmish down in the stands and it actually was red on red. This year we are trying to decide to leave at 11:00 AM or wait till after lunch to start the caravan from the capitol city.

They are already talking about down here...they are looking forward to going into the game 4-0 and thinking they will come out 5-0. I visit there scout board from time to time and they are angry people. But usually it is all talk. I have been to two Nebraska games down here and the only time I had problems was when Crouch got his head ripped off. They know how to lose they just dont know how to act when they win. with that said....Lets paint "The Bill" RED!!!! Tickets Still available!!!

kstatesports.com

Look forward to seeing the Red down here in 2 weeks!!!!

Myself and a couple of buddies are headed down for this one, i have a few people i know at the universityof k state and the talk around campus is how they are going to make it a living nightmare for husker fans, and they will regret leaving the big 12 (whatever that has to do with the fans i have no idea but ok?)but however you interpret that...

Really what we need to do is put 8 guys in the box every play and make Coffman beat us, and I'm not sure he has the ability to do that or the players besides Thomas to pull it off. I really think that outside of Texas no team on our schedule will be able to stop our running game. I'll take our o-line against every d-line in the North and the majority of the d-lines of the South (Texas and Oklahoma the only ones).