Stadium Expansion

I think they're putting up more boxes instead of seats cause they're not sure if the sellout streak can handle 10,000 more a game

I for one, would guarentee to buy season tickets for the next ten years, or even buy them up front, if it wasn't for their ridiculous need to squeeze every potential season ticket holder for a "donation". As long as they are doing that, it is cheaper for me to keep on buying the tickets on the street. We, on this board, have had the discussion before when they expanded the last time - it does all come down to them wanting money, not allowing the "common folk" an opportunity to possess their precious season tickets...

I posted about this a few years ago and got ripped, but we need to have a day of reckoning. As people like Husker Trucker sit waiting for tickets there are hundreds, maybe a thousand or so, people breaking the ticket rules. People who have violated the ticket hand down, and refuse to donate for there location (some of these are in really prime areas). As they start this upgrade, they should make every season ticket holder present themselves, if they cannot, the next of kin will then have the chance to either pay for the location they are in, or go on to the list (before anyone gets mad, that is the rule, all tickets can be handed down, but you must start to donate at the level for your section). I know it seems harsh, but it really makes me mad to think people who are following the system are getting screwed while others are gaming it. I understand the deal made with the people from the late 60's, eary 70s, but as these people pass on, there family should be subject to the same policies that I and Husker Trucker have to live under, yes you've sat in those seats for 40 years, but if you are screwing the system, in the long run, you are screwing the program.

I also find it upsetting that some of these people just no longer have an interest in coming to the games. Two seats in front of me have different people in them every game. While I dont mind ticket brokering, as it allows people the ability to see a game, when you live in Arizona, and haven't been back for a game in 10 years, well maybe its time to give those up.

I know some people say they can't, but for around $250/seat donation plus what the tickets cost, you can get a seat. Will it be a great seat, no, but you will be in the stadium which is the most important thing anyways.

Now, even if you are "on the list" you STILL HAVE TO PAY FOR THE COST OF SEASON TICKETS if you make it to the top, so how about instead just quit a vice for a couple months and you will have your $250 donation and won't need to worry about where you are on the list. Really pretty easy if you want a seat bad enough.

Some updates on expansion:

Just walked by the stadium at lunch today after a week of being sick. They've got the grounds east of the stadium entirely walled off with construction fencing. They've removed both flag poles, and I'm assured they'll reuse them and not get new ones. I like that - the more stuff we can reuse the better.

The one thing that really bothers me is what they've done to the Husker Legacy statue. They had to move it during construction, and that's no big deal, but for some reason they cut a BUNCH of holes in the base of the statue. I don't know if that was necessary to move it to its temporary location during construction or why they did this, but they really, really botched the job. The cuts are ragged, they overshot on each corner and basically just butchered the thing.

Maybe they're going to put in a new base that includes all of our national title years so the old base is going away anyway, but whatever their reasons, right now it looks terrible.

The statue is currently sitting on the north-east side of the stadium, by the flag poles if you want to check it out.

Some updates on expansion:

Just walked by the stadium at lunch today after a week of being sick. They've got the grounds east of the stadium entirely walled off with construction fencing. They've removed both flag poles, and I'm assured they'll reuse them and not get new ones. I like that - the more stuff we can reuse the better.

The one thing that really bothers me is what they've done to the Husker Legacy statue. They had to move it during construction, and that's no big deal, but for some reason they cut a BUNCH of holes in the base of the statue. I don't know if that was necessary to move it to its temporary location during construction or why they did this, but they really, really botched the job. The cuts are ragged, they overshot on each corner and basically just butchered the thing.

Maybe they're going to put in a new base that includes all of our national title years so the old base is going away anyway, but whatever their reasons, right now it looks terrible.

The statue is currently sitting on the north-east side of the stadium, by the flag poles if you want to check it out.

Northwest side between the Tom/Brook statue and the 10th street foot bridge. Ed Weir track and the Hawk Center are on the northeast side.

Snapped a couple photos while walking by the stadium after I got off work. Tearing it up pretty good right now. The 2nd photo is really interesting, they dug down next to the stadium and the old foundation goes underground probably at least 8-10 feet if not more

stadium1.jpg

stadium2.jpg

stadium3.jpg

• Fire 1

Snapped a couple photos while walking by the stadium after I got off work. Tearing it up pretty good right now. The 2nd photo is really interesting, they dug down next to the stadium and the old foundation goes underground probably at least 8-10 feet if not more

stadium1.jpg

stadium2.jpg

stadium3.jpg

I would hope to God so, a structure that size better have a foundation that reaches that deep (just bustin your balls, but seriously it better have one that deep).

• 2 weeks later...