Honest Expectations

We really need to take it one game/one week at a time. Last week OU was barely ahead of us(11 votes) I believe. I say we leap frog OU this week, but more importantly we need to see if we are gaining ground on the top 4. If not then our only hope is 3 out of the 4 losing for us to get in the title game. After the beat down of Texas, then its Okie Lite which might be the one of better games this year. They are sure to move up to in the rankings now that some of teams ahead them lost.

The next 3 weeks our huge for us.... All the games on National TV(probably) with 2 being against ranked opponents which both will be in 15-20 range by the time we play them.

We'd thump Ohio State, but I'm not convinced that they won't lose before the end of the season anyway. I get my belly full of Big Ten ball, and these teams are not NEARLY as good as the pollsters like ranking them. They're always quick to rank a Big Ten team highly (see Penn State, Iowa, Wisconsin), and they only fall in the polls when it finally can't be denied how bad they really are.

We just need to take care of business. Style points do matter this season, since we have teams with fluff schedules ahead of us. That means that we can't buy into our own hype and have any more SDSU debacles. We are perfectly capable of smacking down every team on our schedule--as long as we have the right mental attitude. Give the Pelini brothers a month to prepare for our bowl opponent, and I like our odds.

If we get through the month of October unscathed, I'll be feeling a lot better about things. We're our own worst enemy.

We'd thump Ohio State, but I'm not convinced that they won't lose before the end of the season anyway. I get my belly full of Big Ten ball, and these teams are not NEARLY as good as the pollsters like ranking them. They're always quick to rank a Big Ten team highly (see Penn State, Iowa, Wisconsin), and they only fall in the polls when it finally can't be denied how bad they really are.

We just need to take care of business. Style points do matter this season, since we have teams with fluff schedules ahead of us. That means that we can't buy into our own hype and have any more SDSU debacles. We are perfectly capable of smacking down every team on our schedule--as long as we have the right mental attitude. Give the Pelini brothers a month to prepare for our bowl opponent, and I like our odds.

If we get through the month of October unscathed, I'll be feeling a lot better about things. We're our own worst enemy.

:yeah

We really need to take it one game/one week at a time. Last week OU was barely ahead of us(11 votes) I believe. I say we leap frog OU this week, but more importantly we need to see if we are gaining ground on the top 4. If not then our only hope is 3 out of the 4 losing for us to get in the title game. After the beat down of Texas, then its Okie Lite which might be the one of better games this year. They are sure to move up to in the rankings now that some of teams ahead them lost.

The next 3 weeks our huge for us.... All the games on National TV(probably) with 2 being against ranked opponents which both will be in 15-20 range by the time we play them.

As sad as it is to say, I guess voters still haven't gotten their share of the "darlings" of America, BSU and TCU. It's really quite annoying... I would've thought those two playing each other in a bowl game last year would've done it, but no. And btw, I HATE hearing that word darling thrown around when talking about those teams. I know noone who thinks of them that way.

Anyway, if we handle business and win out, I think we'll leapfrog at least one of those two, with their weak schedules hurting them. And as with most people, I think tOSU will drop a game somewhere. Eventually they'll meet a defense that doesn't greet their offense with a giant gaping hole, shell of a defense. And Oregon could also conceivably lose somewhere. That Pac-10 is pretty weak, but I'd say USC, Washington, Cal, and Oregon State could all possibly give the Ducks a run for their pond. Their defense is NOT good, and they haven't played good teams. The one good offense they've played, Stanford, shredded them. If only Stanford had a real d. It sure would be spectacular to see Oregon run the table UNTIL their last game and then finally get bumped off by their lil bro Oregon State. It'd be a long time coming... the Beavers always give Oregon a good run for a while but can't seem to pull one out.

Anyway, point I'm trying to make... If tOSU and the Ducks lose and we beat a good OU team in the B12 Championship, we roll into the MNC over one of the other two. A BSU-TCU championship would definitely p*ss some people off.

It's the mental mistakes that we gotta watch. Penalties and turnovers so far look amateurish. There's no way that we aren't twice the team MO or OSU are, but we can still beat ourselves. If we can turn that stuff around, we've got the talent and system to play for the title, but the mental errors will sink us if they aren't corrected. And that does argue for needing another year or two, as you suggest. Still, you never know... It's early in the season and we have a young QB who appears to be maturing rapidly. And in any case, whether we have 1 or 2 losses or none we're going to be a hella scary team by the CCG...

I dont want to get cocky. I think we still lose 1-2 games. I think we lose to an okie st/missouri type.

Honestly i think we are a year or 2 away from national champion team.

I really think that we will beat OSU this year in stillwater I mean we haven't won there since 1995 its got to happen sometime.Also I cant see us losing to missouri they really don't look very impressive.If we have a chance of losing it will most likely be in the Big12 championship in my opinion.

Missouri maybe better than we think, beating the Illini, who played Ohio State tough and beat Penn State, gives them a little credit.

Gabbert got hurt yesterday I think, have not heard how bad it was

Okie Lite is a good team and undefeated, helps the BCS situation if both are still undefeated in the next three weeks.

A&M looked pretty good against Arkansas.

We have several tough games left it appears to me, and all of them want to send us out a loser. We get their A games no question.

I really could care less who we play in a Bowl game if we get to a bowl game, I am far more concerned about games we have to win to get to a bowl.

Missouri maybe better than we think, beating the Illini, who played Ohio State tough and beat Penn State, gives them a little credit.

Gabbert got hurt yesterday I think, have not heard how bad it was

Okie Lite is a good team and undefeated, helps the BCS situation if both are still undefeated in the next three weeks.

A&M looked pretty good against Arkansas.

We have several tough games left it appears to me, and all of them want to send us out a loser. We get their A games no question.

I really could care less who we play in a Bowl game if we get to a bowl game, I am far more concerned about games we have to win to get to a bowl.

"If we get to a bowl game" they need one more win man. I think theyll do it.

I do think Mizzou, OK ST, TAM, UT, or even CU could beat NU. I also think NU is better than everyone of these teams. All I need to see is Martinez win a close game when he dosent play well. If NU limits their turnovers they win out.

Im not thinking about NU's bowl destination until Nov.