Will Compton is back

Nexus

Great news!

What was the timeline on his recovery? If I remember right, he was injured 2 days before the first game (9/02). Today being 10/11, that makes 39 days for a full recovery from a broken foot.

Any people in the a medical persuasion know/think this is a little quick?

I just don't want him back too quickly if he might not be ready (thinking of you Spano), but I know the staff has successfully rehabbed broken feet quickly (Burkehead).

It's good to have him back but at this juncture in the season I really don't think we want him to start.Especially starting against a team like UT. He needs to get his feet back under him in a game time experience slowly.

If we stick with our current starters I would feel much more comfortable. :bonesflag:

If Compton gives the defense an edge similar to what Dillard gave us when he started playing last year, I'm ALL for him starting.

I wouldn't count on that. I like Compton, but I wouldn't go comparing him to Dillard, not yet anyway. Dillard was an absolute beast when he finally got his act together.

I seriously doubt he will play more than 30% of the defensive snaps Saturday.

I have to agree. Compton may be back to practice speed but is he back to game speed?

Not sure but I bet the Pelini brothers know. If he is in the game, he is game ready. I do know this....this news deserves a :bonez

No doubt it's great news he's back in time for the meat of our conference schedule. But I wonder if he's game ready

I don't know if he will start or not but I'm glad he is in the mix. The start is symbolic so maybe he gets the start but I think we will see some rotation to ease him into the game now that he is back. I realize he is game ready but we have some depth so I think it will be wise to use it. It will be nice to have a back that should be able to bolster the d-line with stronger support.

There are some question/report not mentioned, could he have gone last week? Has he been practicing at all?

If he was 'ready to go' last week but they held him out one more week to be safe, this could mean he's more ready than not?...

What has the defense changed or improvised in his absence that would make it significantly better with him in?

What will change with him back in?

These aren't negative inquiries at all, just wondering what will be 'back to normal' with him in vs 'what have we become without him'?

In other words, chemistry...

Besides that, here's to him earning a Blackshirt and kicking ass in conference play!!!!!!!! I bet he's itching to get on that field!

• Fire 1

This is excellent news. I dont think he will play many snaps because he needs to be eased into the work load but none the less this is much sooner than I expected. I was thinking Missouri game. I love the depth we are building at the LB position heading into the B10. Whaley, Martin and David have all gotten meaningful experience already this year and will continue to get it as the year progresses. The injuries at LB may be a blessing in disguise for the program next year.