Letter to Students from Tom

Plus the students were moved because they stand on the bleachers and people behind them couldn't see.

Does security even try to get the students to stop standing on them anymore? I sit in East Stadium and there hasn't been a single time that we've been told to get off of them. However, when I sat in South Stadium, we were constantly told to get off of them, but stood back on the seats as soon as they left :horns2

We've stood all season and haven't gotten told to get down once.

The students will be out of control. I talked to a kid in class today that is getting in line thursday night after the pep rally.

Which is why they put the students in the back corner of the stadium, probably. While our students are the best ever - our girls are the fairest and our boys are the squarest - students tend to get a little more rowdy than the blue hairs.

Although when I was a student back in the Middle Ages we never, ever were "too rowdy." That's why they let us down near the field on the sidelines.

The students are also by far the loudest. not sitting down yelling at others to be quiet.

This is not the first time the administration has issued an "advisory". I remember one or two in recent years.

Regarding the student section- aren't these games really for them? I mean it is their school and all. Not really suggesting they should have the skyboxes, but I do think they should be on the sidelines.

This is not the first time the administration has issued an "advisory". I remember one or two in recent years.

Regarding the student section- aren't these games really for them? I mean it is their school and all. Not really suggesting they should have the skyboxes, but I do think they should be on the sidelines.

Which students are you talking about? The current students or the former students? Just because I don't go to UNL right now doesn't make me any less of a fan. In fact, former students who have paid for four (or five, or six) years of education, and now are out in the workforce and still pay the University as boosters, have given more to the school than kids today. Those blue-hairs everyone loves to cry about have paid more than five of you and two of me combined. So isn't this all for them?

Which students are you talking about? The current students or the former students? Just because I don't go to UNL right now doesn't make me any less of a fan. In fact, former students who have paid for four (or five, or six) years of education, and now are out in the workforce and still pay the University as boosters, have given more to the school than kids today. Those blue-hairs everyone loves to cry about have paid more than five of you and two of me combined. So isn't this all for them?

:troll:

:sarcasm:LOLtartar:LOLtartar:LOLtartar

Plus the students were moved because they stand on the bleachers and people behind them couldn't see.

Does security even try to get the students to stop standing on them anymore? I sit in East Stadium and there hasn't been a single time that we've been told to get off of them. However, when I sat in South Stadium, we were constantly told to get off of them, but stood back on the seats as soon as they left :horns2

I stood in the stairwell in the far upper SE corner of the student section (south stadium) almost the entire WKU and SDSU games, and there was only one security guy who kept climbing up and down that stairwell the whole game to get us off the stairs and into the bleachers. Obviously it didn't work (notice I said he "kept climbing up and down that stairwell the whole game"). I mean, seriously man! What's the point?! Give up already!

I stood in the stairwell in the far upper SE corner of the student section (south stadium) almost the entire WKU and SDSU games, and there was only one security guy who kept climbing up and down that stairwell the whole game to get us off the stairs and into the bleachers. Obviously it didn't work (notice I said he "kept climbing up and down that stairwell the whole game"). I mean, seriously man! What's the point?! Give up already!

a real life myth of sisyphus.

Poor old man knows exactly what's coming. I guess his statement is about all you can try to CYA, but it's still coming. I doubt anyone goes 100% Oakland Raiders, BUT let's pull our heads out of the sand for a minute and admit that this game is going to be the ultimate, and last big FU to Texass. God forbid any of these slacked jawed clowns run their mouths.

NU wins this game by 21+, and a 56-13 death by mamba wouldn't surprise me.

Tom knows what Saturday will be, but has has to at least look like he's trying to prevent a full blown riot-which will probably happen at some point in the night.

Tuck Fuxas, Die Bevo

Sometimes I wonder how much of what we hear about notoriously bad fans like Texas Tech, Bama, LSU, etc. is fact or fiction. Visitors being spit on, having beer thrown at them, tires slashed, verbal or even physical assault. One good thing we have going at Memorial (well the whole campus) is no alcohol; I love beer as much as the next guy but there's no need for it at college football games that fans are already very emotional about. That's another thing we can thank TO for. It's great that our fans care more about seeing good football than getting drunk and being stupid.