What we learned today

We learned that our offensive line is not as good as the KoolAid led some of you to believe. They were owned all day for the most part.

We learned that we shouldn't buy into the hype after tearing up teams with rush defenses that aren't in the top 100 in that category.

We reaffirmed that Taylor has a long ways to go in his pocket presense and throwing. Yes he had drops but he threw some real bad ball as well.

We reaffirmed that our defense will keep us in any game

We reaffirmed(even though mostly self inflicted)that we are indeed Texas' bitches.

ANd yes that last line made me puke up beer and burgers in my mouth as I wrote it. Truth hurts.

Sorry Dude ain't buying it. Taylor made more good throws than bad. The drops absolutly killed us today. Even the best Qb's have a few bad passes. I will never consider us a bitch to anyone. If you want to well that's your choice I guess.

We learned that we are not as good as we thought.

We learned that Mac Brown is a better coach than most gave him credit for.

We learned that our fans will turn on our coaches and players just as quickly as they have in the past.

Tough loss, not due to lack of effort, recievers that may have been honing their blocking skills more than their catching skills the last two weeks.

We learned that there is a game next weekend and we need to win it.

Some of us will move forward quickly while others will live it over and over. Game over.

Still in the hunt for the North, CCG and BCS game. Keep the faith.

Three observations:

1. Dropped passes was the real reason we lost. End of story. Add fumbles and that was the game.

But, we didn't help ourselves any with:

2. Two passes on the first three plays? We didn't trust the running game and didn't really give it a chance to develop. The power game could have produced, and did at times, but we just kept going with that zone read. And it was never going to work.

3. Pulling Martinez in the third? The problems were #1 and #2 above, not T-Magic.

4. Onside kick? Very deflating when we didn't get it. Why not kickoff and go for the stop?

5. Officiating did hurt... The first down we lost, to say nothing of the PI and other calls, stunk.

Dropped passes cost us the game.

Not the playcalling.

Not the QB play.

Not the onside kick.

Not the officials.

Not the early fumble.

Not the lackluster defense.

Dropped passes cost us the game. Let's be clear about that.

Agree, but you have to admit the refs were questionable at best

maybe but i felt like this was the least we had ever been screwed by refs in a nu vs. texas game.

Well, the fact that we were penalized 9 - 4 or whatever it was. The totally screwed us on the Prince PI nad missed 2 PI's against our receivers, plus a couple of holding calls. The spot on the last 3rd down was absurd. the back was down 1-1/2 - 2 yards before the first down. The refs screwed us as best they could without making it totally obvious. Not to mention, the catch by #25 that they called incomplete.

Not the playcalling.

Not the QB play.

Not the onside kick.

Not the officials.

Not the early fumble.

maybe but i felt like this was the least we had ever been screwed by refs in a nu vs. texas game.

Well, the fact that we were penalized 9 - 4 or whatever it was. The totally screwed us on the Prince PI nad missed 2 PI's against our receivers, plus a couple of holding calls. The spot on the last 3rd down was absurd. the back was down 1-1/2 - 2 yards before the first down. The refs screwed us as best they could without making it totally obvious. Not to mention, the catch by #25 that they called incomplete.

Get over it my friend. If you allow the game to be decided by officiating you haven't done your job as a program and don't deserve to win.

Life goes on. This is another good example of why we shouldn't bet on the Huskers. Too emotionally involved to be objective. Texas vs. Nebraska never goes according to the stat book. And I'm glad I'm not Paul or Gillyen (sp?) they are feeling pretty bad right now and Paul likely cost himself millions of dollars in lifetime revenue. In comparison, my life didn't change and I'm pretty OK with that.

Not the playcalling.

Not the QB play.

Not the onside kick.

Not the officials.

Not the early fumble.

There were some bad calls, and they were influential bad calls. However, If Rex Burkhead makes that catch, and Brandon Kinnie makes a catch, or Niles Paul makes any of about 3 catches. we're celebrating our first win over Texas since 1999, and we're all getting hunkered down to watch wisconsin and ohio state tonight.

I still dont get why we took out T-Mart. Do the coaches not have confidence in him or what? I think we should have kept him in to show that the coaches still believe in him. Besides he gave us that big play threat. Lee doesn't. Martinez could have easily done what Lee did while he was in. The only difference was on Lee's drive Texas managed penalties for 30 yards. I think it was a huge mistake by the coaches to replace him.

1. We learned T-Magic is only magic against SLOOOW defenses.

2. Paul can't catch. Well, we've known that for years. All of our receivers are better blockers than receivers.

3. Suh made a below average line look fantastic.

4. Watson is still Watson.

5. Pelini, although an intense individual, cannot coach disipline.

6. Eric Hagg is a beast.

That's the thing I don't understand is that the official was looking directly at the play and it looked like he had an unobstructed view, and while they were really quick to review that Marquis Goodson drop at the beginning of the game (even when it looked like it was a clear drop), they also had a couple other times where they were immediately on it.

I'll give you that the refs weren't very good, but when you blow your foot off you can't expect to win any game.

I still dont get why we took out T-Mart. Do the coaches not have confidence in him or what? I think we should have kept him in to show that the coaches still believe in him. Besides he gave us that big play threat. Lee doesn't. Martinez could have easily done what Lee did while he was in. The only difference was on Lee's drive Texas managed penalties for 30 yards. I think it was a huge mistake by the coaches to replace him.

I completely disagree. Martinez was getting nowhere and was making the wrong read in the running game over and over. Lee came in and gave us a shot to get back in the game. You don't stick with a quarterback just to show you believe in him, you go with the guy who gives you the best chance to win. Martinez will probably keep the starting job, but the coaches had to try to get the offense running.

Passes were dropped. Period. It didn't matter who threw the ball. Take Martinez out? I don't know. When he missed his reads it ended up with a 3-4 yard loss which put us in a long situation. We all know Lee is not the better runner, but he advanced the ball. Both QB's have their strengths and weaknesses, but if you can't catch the ball when thrown to, it's going to make it a long day no matter who you have in there at QB.

What we learned today? Don't start to put up your arms for a touchdown signal until the ball has crossed the goal with someone holding on to it.