What we learned today

Too many yards up the gut. YAC were ridiculous, OSU backs fell forward for positive yards on every carry. And once again, the missed tackles piled up.

I'm anxiously watching this Mizzou game tonight. If we're in for another shootout next week, it could be trouble. Hopefully MU doesn't have the running game that OSU does.

I bet Prince bounces back next week. Blackmon is just a beast. It's tough to stop those jump balls. It would have helped to get some damn pressure on Weeden.

What we learned today...

1. T-Mart can throw just fine if he has time.

2. The Husker offense can be dynamic when they catch the damn ball.

3. Prince is not a shutdown CB. (But still a good one)

4. Our DL can be run on.

5. We still need to find a pass rush.

6. Our secondary is very good overall but no one can cover forever. (see # 5)

7. Paul is always going to be that guy. Catch a couple, drop a couple.

8. Hagg is a liability when he lines up as an actual corner.

9. Drives are a lot more successful when you're not having to overcome penalties all the time.

10. The Big Red is 6-1!!

They just added a big linebacker. The loss of Compton cannot be understated. He wasn't great last year, but he was a big recruit and he has a year of coaching up, plus he got to watch Dillard show him how it's done. Losing Compton and Fisher in camp really, really sucked, no matter how well David has played.

If Compton starts to show some of that promise we recruited him for, and he gets his head in the game (which will come with more game time), I think our run D will be fine.