Nebraska has faced 1 Good D this year

Hey Bad Breath you didnt even know that your team struggled against San Diego State. Your not a true fan, get out of here

Yes he did. He was disputing the claim that they were a D-II school, which they are not.

No. I specifically remember him asking "When has Missouri looked bad in other games?"

And Nebraska is 18th in total defense, whereas Missouri is 38th. And Nebraska is the #5 rushing offense. Wouldn't that concern you? It would concern me.

Yes, it does concern me. Missouri's ability to stop the Husker run game is one of the top 2 or 3 keys to this game. Especially with reduced depth on the D line.

See, now that wasn't so hard, was it?

Mizzou is 38th and 5th in those categories, respectively. Is this of no concern at all? That's a pretty big difference. Obviously, it's not the only aspect of the game, but it would concern me.

ok, im concerned. now what do i do?

Whatever you want. Folks on this board go on and on about how you can get "real" football discussion here. Well, there you go, do whatever you want with it.

Mizzou is 38th and 5th in those categories, respectively. Is this of no concern at all? That's a pretty big difference. Obviously, it's not the only aspect of the game, but it would concern me.

Whatever you want. Folks on this board go on and on about how you can get "real" football discussion here. Well, there you go, do whatever you want with it.

:lol: You're friendly.

I would caution you, however. Just because your defense has gone from being an afterthought to a relevant part of your team does not mean they are now a formidable unit. The Blackshirts are formidable. Especially against the pass, which is where you all live. Your strengths play right into our fangs. You all have had a nice season up to this point, and you have a legit team.

But this Saturday is when the loss of Derrick Washington shoots an arrow into your hot air balloon. With Washington, I think you had at least a 50-50 shot of winning, and really, maybe even slightly better odds then that. Unfortunately, we all know what happened with one of your esteemed team leaders. You knew when you heard about it that it was a huge loss. You knew that there was a really strong chance that this development would have a detrimental impact on your season at some point.

Some point is one day and a shade under seven hours from now. The trudge to the bus will be with heads down, TigerNuts.

Heads down.

T-Nuts, i'll admit I was a little into the :wasted last nite on my rant, but at the same time, you got to kind of see where some of us are coming from, from the OP i took it as flaming. Statistically Yes, Mizzou looks awesome on paper, and they are coming into Lincoln with a chip on their shoulder, which they should, great win last weekend, no one is denying that. I think most of us are so hyped up about tomorrow, b/c a loss to Mizzou would probably smash any Big12 title hopes b/c of who Mizzou has left on their schedule. Big game for both sides, and would not expect anything less than the fans to be totally amped about this one. :cheers

You seem overly willing to sling the mud, then cry foul. If you want good football discussion, provide some of your own and stop rising to the bait of every single slight you perceive.

I just noticed that Nebraska has faced some pretty poor defenses this year. In fact, the only top 50 defense that NU has gone up against kept their offense completely out of the endzone. Here are the national ranks of the defenses of Nebraska's FBS opponents:

Average Rank: 75

Interestingly enough, South Dakota State has one of the worst defenses in all of FCS (98th out of 117 FCS teams).

This is one the primary reasons why I think Saturday's game will be tough for the Cornhuskers as Missouri's defense is probably going to be able to slow down the NU offense and be able to force some turnovers. Nebraska has been awfully careless with the ball, even while playing pretty poor defenses. Missouri's opportunistic defense could be the difference in the game.

Ummm there's one little problem with your theory. You need to W A T C H the Texas game before perceive that our offense is not good. Texas did NOT keep us out of the endzone, our receivers did. If our receiver catch just 4 passes, our 13 turns into 41, on a dime, maybe take away the Hagg return we have 34, but then again, we catch balls and the running game probably opens up so maybe throw the 7 back on. Point being, the Texas and SDSU offensive performances are pure fluke and poor execution. Did we score a lot on poor defenses? well yeah, isnt that what good teams are supposed to do to inferior opposition.

:yeah

Finally someone said it,like it was. We all seem to have skirted the issue about Texas, and what should have been. Good post.

GBR!!!

I just noticed that Nebraska has faced some pretty poor defenses this year. In fact, the only top 50 defense that NU has gone up against kept their offense completely out of the endzone. Here are the national ranks of the defenses of Nebraska's FBS opponents:

Yeah, I agree Mizzou has the 2nd best defense we’ve seen this year. But you could look at the rankings you have another way.

One reason Texas is ranked #6 in total D is because NU had a bad offensive day. Sure, UT is the best D we’ve faced. But if our WRs hang on to a couple of those TD passes the whole game might have been different. We would have had more points, more passing yards, it would have opened up our run game, and the Whorns wouldn’t be ranked #6 right now. And we were *real* close to breaking that game wide open. You could say we had it in our grasp. A couple of times.

Interestingly enough, South Dakota State has one of the worst defenses in all of FCS (98th out of 117 FCS teams).

This is one the primary reasons why I think Saturday's game will be tough for the Cornhuskers as Missouri's defense is probably going to be able to slow down the NU offense and be able to force some turnovers. Nebraska has been awfully careless with the ball, even while playing pretty poor defenses. Missouri's opportunistic defense could be the difference in the game.

The last time Missouri faced a running game like Nebraska's was Navy last year. How did that turn out?

For that matter . . . how did Missouri do against Nebraska last year.

College football is not transitive.

Mizzou’s defense has faced teams with the following rankings for Total Offense and Scoring Offense:

Illinois – 88 & 78

McNeese State – 81 & 101 (FCS)

San Diego State – 19 & 33

Miami (Ohio) – 93 & 103

Colorado – 74 & 100

Texas A&M – 16 & 36

Oklahoma – 18 & 24

Average rankings not including McNeese State – 51 & 62

What does this mean? Who knows but it shows that the Mizzou Defense has faced some pretty average offenses to help boost their defensive stats.

• Fire 1

Can't argue with that logic. We did stumble against the one good defense we will face all year.

+---------------+-----------+-----------+-------+-----------+-----+
|               |Scoring Avg|Scoring Avg|  Pts  |FBS Scoring|     |
|Team           | w/ Mizzou | w/o Mizzou|Allowed|    Rank   | SOS |
|Illinois       |     24.4  |     26.3  |   13  |       78  |  21 |
|McNeese State	|     17.7  |     19.6  |    6  |      n/a  | n/a |
|San Diego State|     33.0  |     34.5  |   24  |       33  |  75 |
|Maimi (Ohio)	|     19.3  |     20.1  |   13  |      103  | 101 |
|Colorado	|     20.0  |     23.3  |    0  |      100  |  24 |
|TAMU           |     32.7  |     36.7  |    9  |       36  |  34 |
|Oklahoma	|     34.7  |     36.0  |   27  |       23  |   7 |

You wanna look at stats? Looking at the numbers here...I'm not overly impresssed. The TAMU game appears to be Mizzou's best defensive effort. But let's not forget that TAMU is now in the midst of upheaval regarding their entire offense. The "goose egg" against Colorado looks good...and sure helps with the ol' average there...but let's not forget that we're talking about Colorado.

Anyway...I guess my point here is that if you want we can compare numbers...I can probably find just as many that favor the Huskers as you can find that favor Mizzou. I suspect that's why they actually play the game on the field. Otherwise...grab yer 20-sider and we can play this out D&D style!! :LOLtartar

Oh...btw...the Husker's will be the best offense Mizzou has faced all year...

• Fire 1