The "Suuuuuuuuuuh" Thread

Nexus

as an impartial fan here (I grew up in Michigan but have always been a Bronco fan) I would say that "violently smashing his head into the ground" was pretty over stated, he pushed his head into the ground a few times, meh, no biggie, that happens all the time, it's not like he picked him up by the head four feet off the ground and plowed it into the turf, but the kick and the ensuing explanation are just stupid, he knows he's gonna get it from the league office and is trying to mitigate the damage here, the problem is that the person that will be making the decision isn't stupid enough to believe that nonsense, trying to regain his balance...? yeah, right, just own up to your mistake and tell the truth, invoking God into the explanation as if he's gonna interrupt his turkey dinner and ride a bolt of lightening down to the presser, take the podium and validate his excuse is just silly, the league office is gonna slam him, and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a one or two game suspension now instead of just a fine, he's acting as if he doesn't know that what he did was wrong and the league may slam him for that fact alone...

• Fire 1

He's a punk

...I joke a lot but not about this.

He's a punk because of one play? Give me a break. Was it unnecessary? Yeah it was and he should have been ejected but luckily your packers got away with a crapload of holding against suh, he was practically in a bear hug a few and that ruined his cool. He needs to learn to keep his cool though because the refs wont do him favors anymore. Woodson is a punk too remember when he punched david thomas in the midsection? Suh learned from woodson about playing dirty ;)

I just don't agree. Don't compare him to other "punks", wrong is wrong and it's not just one play. He really cost his team today and his behavior is going to define him as a player rather then his elite ability.

This all seems really clear to me just from his pattern of play. The kid is dirty. He breaks rules...violently, and he is going to seriously hurt someone. Call it aggressive but its wrong. It's dirty.

Punched Cutler

Kicked Dietrich

Damn near ripped Delhome's head off

...and then that weak ass apology, comment or whatever that was supposed to be.

I get it, he was a Husker, but come on people. Suspend his ass fast.

I love suh but no way was that even called for. I told my whole family i was rootin for the lions because our boy suh was on the team. Then he pulls off that crap, its one thing to be a headhunter and go after the QB. That was his job and he did it well, but that was beyond cheap and totally unnecessary. He doesnt need to take the intensity down but take the cheap shots down, you can make your point without looking like an ass.

• Fire 1

I can kinda understand his reaction in the heat of the moment, although put in perspective with his pattern of play, he's going to get a well-deserved suspension. The excuse at the presser was just embarrassing.

Suh is clearly a dichotomy. He's almost Jekyll & Hyde - super-sweet at times, but his dark side is really starting to come out in his professional career. And let's not forget that he wasn't squeaky-clean here at Nebraska, either. He didn't play dirty, but there were off-field issues. Guy has to get his head on straight. I don't believe for a second that he's a bad guy. He's just out of control.

This all seems really clear to me just from his pattern of play. The kid is dirty. He breaks rules...violently, and he is going to seriously hurt someone. Call it aggressive but its wrong. It's dirty.

Punched Cutler

Kicked Dietrich

As a Badger fan, I am pretty sure that you have not followed SUH's career while at NU. Folks are not defending him so much as finding it hard to believe that he is doing this. While at NU, I never remember this type of play nor heard anything from other teams about "dirty play". As a die hard fan, I am disappointed in him. He needs to clean up his act or his career and rep will be short lived. I would not be surprised to see O lineman trying to extract a little "justice" in the future.

I love suh but no way was that even called for. I told my whole family i was rootin for the lions because our boy suh was on the team. Then he pulls off that crap, its one thing to be a headhunter and go after the QB. That was his job and he did it well, but that was beyond cheap and totally unnecessary. He doesnt need to take the intensity down but take the cheap shots down, you can make your point without looking like an ass.

+1 for you. Suh's two different people. The one that donates large amouts of his salary to the University and donates his time to his favorite kid charities. Then there is the Suh that mentally snaps on the field. I think he has a mental glitch that he can't turn off when he feels challenged

I can kinda understand his reaction in the heat of the moment, although put in perspective with his pattern of play, he's going to get a well-deserved suspension. The excuse at the presser was just embarrassing.

Suh is clearly a dichotomy. He's almost Jekyll & Hyde - super-sweet at times, but his dark side is really starting to come out in his professional career. And let's not forget that he wasn't squeaky-clean here at Nebraska, either. He didn't play dirty, but there were off-field issues. Guy has to get his head on straight. I don't believe for a second that he's a bad guy. He's just out of control.

I like Suh as much as the next Huskers fan, but during his college career, I watched a few instances where I cringed. The way he tackled Gabbert during the game in the rain and tossing McCoy the way he did in the Big 12 CCG are two that really jump out at me right now.

In kind of suprised some of you seem to be leaning twards defending his actions. I would say at work i was rooting for the lions because of suh and they would say man hes a dirty player but. But we would love it if he was on our team. I dont know if people will still say that, he is very agresive and his attitude seems to have changed. You can be agressive and you can be a QB hunter without acting like an a-hole. I do beieve Badgerfan might be alittle slided with his opinion but its justly so. If someone did that to Rex Burkhead the fur would fly around this place. I like the intensity in the Lions D and it kept them in that game but damit there is no need for that at all. Football is an agressive sport but there is a difference between being in control and out of control with you emotions.

I like Suh as much as the next Huskers fan, but during his college career, I watched a few instances where I cringed. The way he tackled Gabbert during the game in the rain and tossing McCoy the way he did in the Big 12 CCG are two that really jump out at me right now.

Yea, like that time he tackled 2 parked cars.

Punched Cutler

Kicked Dietrich

So, Matthews wrenching on Kevin Smith's neck today, the dirty cut block on Avril, or the packer player ejected for throwing a punch should also be suspended then right? If Suh wants you hurt, you're gonna be hurt. He was wrong today but it was a heat of the moment penalty. Football is a violent game and emotions run high.

Yea, like that time he tackled 2 parked cars.

Not denying he had off-field issues.