The "Suuuuuuuuuuh" Thread

Nexus

I don't know. The footstomp was the angry cherry on the violent sundae Suh had been making for himself all year. So taken together it wasn't out of proportion. The NFL was wondering what to do about Suh well before Thanksgiving, when millions of people saw him lose his sh#t, regardless of whether the stompee was hurt.

In a way Suh is lucky the blowback wasn't worse. He still has more major endorsement deals than most offensive superstars.

He's a bit reckless, but Suh's not dumb. I think he comes back and has a quieter and much better season this year.

• 1 month later...

Suh just had a hellacious sack on Jay Cutler about a minute before the half of the Lions v. Bears game. I'm surprised to see Cutler back in teh game for the 2nd half. A clean hit, but nasty. Looked like it could've broken some of Cutler's ribs. But I guess it didn't.

Wow is that considered a leg whip?

I don't think so. The leg whip is "using the foot or any other part of the leg to strike an opponent with a whipping motion." (Rule 12, Sect. 2, Article 6: Unnecessary Roughness). An illegal play in football in which a player swings his leg horizontally in an attempt to make contact with an opposing player's leg.

Wow is that considered a leg whip?

I don't think so. The leg whip is "using the foot or any other part of the leg to strike an opponent with a whipping motion." (Rule 12, Sect. 2, Article 6: Unnecessary Roughness). An illegal play in football in which a player swings his leg horizontally in an attempt to make contact with an opposing player's leg.

Cutler should feel lucky that Suhs leg kicked his out before landing on him with full force. It could have been much worse.