Brent Musburger

husker07

Don't have to worry about either one of them for ISU. Bob Griese and Chris Speilman set to announce the game on Saturday.

GBR

He'll do the Big 12 Championship game I'm pretty sure so there's a good chance he'll call one of our games. (Fingers crossed that all goes well and we make it)

There are worse announcers. I can't say I hate Musberger. He's definitely a flavor of the month kind of announcer. If it's a team or player hot at the time look for Musberger to definitely go on and on about it.

He's had some good things to say about Nebraska. After the Oklahoma St. and Missouri games...I will take Musberger.

I'm actually watching a replay of the Oregon-USC game right now and caught a nasty hit that a USC safety laid on a receiver (9:40 in 3rd, in air, crown-on-facemask) that made the him drop the ball and both Herbie and Mushbooger didn't say a word. It was a great football hit, I had no problem with it but it probably met the criteria for a suspension in the Big12. Neither one of the guys started a crusade for flag football. I found myself actually wanting these guys to call our games. Crazy world we live in...

Musberger overacts, is too "overmythotical" in my view as he tries to write a broadcasting legacy to that of Keith Jackson. He just always seems like he's trying to overexaggerate the moment. As far as his feeling towards Nebraska, it's obvious he respects the program, but it's just as obvious that his like for us take a big back seat to the likes of Ohio St., Michigan, USC, Oklahoma, and Texas, I M O.

This is probably the best description of Musberger I've ever seen. I have always wanted to find the right words to explain my disdain for him. I feel somehow victimized by having to listen to him announce a game. Even if he is favoring my team, he does it in such a way as to disgust me. If he were announcing an Auburn game, I am certain I would have to mute the sound to save me from damaging my TV. My hat is off in salute to the above analogy.

:worship

ETA: Great job vs Mizzoo, Huskers!! :bonesflag:

Musberger overacts, is too "overmythotical" in my view as he tries to write a broadcasting legacy to that of Keith Jackson. He just always seems like he's trying to overexaggerate the moment. As far as his feeling towards Nebraska, it's obvious he respects the program, but it's just as obvious that his like for us take a big back seat to the likes of Ohio St., Michigan, USC, Oklahoma, and Texas, I M O.

This is probably the best description of Musberger I've ever seen. I have always wanted to find the right words to explain my disdain for him. I feel somehow victimized by having to listen to him announce a game. Even if he is favoring my team, he does it in such a way as to disgust me. I he were announcing an Auburn game, I am certain I would have to mute the sound to save me from damaging my TV. My hat is off in salute to the above analogy.

:worship

Welcome to the board.

He's got a great voice and rhythm for broadcasting football, and when he's on he's actually really good, but he usually trips over his own ego.

You think so? I don't mind his uh...dialogue, or color commentary if you will, but his actual "as the play is happening" commentary seems ridiculously pathetic to me. Here's what I think of when someone asks me to impersonate Brent Musburger:

"Taylorrrrrr.......holddingggg.....lookinggggggg........running........throwingggg.......he caught it!"

That sort of thing. His call of The Catch vs MU in '97 is a perfect example of this.

True but I'll never forget..."Frost...over the middlllllle....juggled...diving...Touchdown Nebraska! Davidson on the deflection! Nebraska is an extra point away from tying this game."

whatever is happening, no matter the point in the game, "is the biggggest mmmoment, folks!"

it could be 3rd and 3 from their own 37 in the 1st quarter with the score 0-0 and all of a sudden, you guessed it! "this is the most important play of the game, folks"

of course until the 2nd quarter with the score tied 7-7 and it's 2nd and 2 and a team runs a screen play for 4 yds, well then, "that was a biiiig play, folks...most important of the game."

plus, for some reason it seems like when he calls a Husker game, we lose. I hate him for that

Kind of surprised this hasn't come up yet as it usually does in most "I hate Musburger" threads.

Broadecast: 1995 vs Oklahoma.

BM used the Huskers' offensive performance in that game as an example why Penn State would have won had they played in 1994.

again, the 1995 Nebraska offense. serously.

PSU losing 3 games in '95 had no bearing on the previous year but Nebraska's 52-points-a-game Tommie Frazier-led O could only put up 23 vs OU (Blackshirts added a couple TDs, 37-0 final). and with that, Brent declared that PSU was the true 1994 MNC.

A moronic assertion on so many levels. but typical musburger.

Is he anti-Nebraska? No. he's just a douche.

They need to clone Keith Jackson.

• Fire 1

During the 1996 CCG vs Texas, I remember how he kept saying in his overly dramatic tone, "And Texas leads for the 2nd time today!"

"And Texas leads for the 3RD TIME TODAY!"

And so on and so forth. Don't hate him. Nor do I think he's anti-Nebraska. Actually don't mind him when Nebraska is winning, but can't stand to listen to him when Nebraska is losing. But that can go for a lot of people.

off topic:

why are you not allowed to drink beer as a passenger? what's the difference between getting drunk before you get in the car and while you are sitting in it? over here even the driver can drink as long as he doesn't drink himself past the limit

Too easy for the driver to give the passenger his beer if a cop stops them, I guess.

There is a common perception, at least around here in DFW, that he changes his vocal accents depending on the region he is announcing in. When he announces Texas games, for example, he's just a good ole boy hanging out in the booth. Lots of uuhh...twang. When he is doing a Michigan game, not so much. Listening to him mention Colt McCoy was most irritating. I think he's just a doofus. Even my mom doesn't like him, hasn't since I can remember. "Oh No! Not that Schnekelberger...Finkelberger"....any number of derogatory+bergers being bandied about. She was on it long before any others that I remember.

off topic:

why are you not allowed to drink beer as a passenger? what's the difference between getting drunk before you get in the car and while you are sitting in it? over here even the driver can drink as long as he doesn't drink himself past the limit

I believe in Missouri you can have an open container, but they don't allow the driver to blow much over 0.0. I'm not sure of the exact number.