When we move to the Big Ten next year

husker_99

I don't see it as the competition is tougher, it's just different. They run play a "tougher" style of football. OSU and UW would be problems this year for sure. Iowa wouldn't be a gimme. I just worry about having teams run straight at us and beat up our defense. We haven't fared too well against teams that run right at us, and these 2 teams probably do a better job of it.

Big 10 Conf. Overall

Michigan State 5-1 9-1 Threat Missouri > Michigan State

Wisconsin 5-1 9-1 Threat Okie State > Wisconsin

Ohio State 5-1 9-1 Threat both at best OU > Ohio State

Iowa 4-2 7-3 No Threat at Arizona L 27-34

Penn State 3-3 6-4 No Threat(This year) at Alabama L 3-24

Michigan 3-3 7-3 No Threat

Northwestern 3-3 7-3 No Threat

Illinois 3-4 5-5 No Threat Missouri L 23-13 - Victories over Indiana Purdue and Penn State

Purdue 2-4 4-6 No Threat

Minnesota 1-6 2-9 No Threat

Indiana 0-6 4-6 No Threat

I personally think we are leaving the better football conference, of course everything is relative to these last few years.

A lot of you are wondering how we will adjust to the big 10 conference, but I think the question should be - How is the Big10 going to adjust to the Corn Huskers.

Looking at recruiting classes, which I don't hold a lot of weight in, Ohio State is the only one pushing our caliber of athletes, this does mean SOMETHING, but not everything. Within top 25 classes of recruits per rivals.com: Big 12 has 5(with us) and Big 10 has 2- OSU and MICH ST(25).

I will take speed over size any day of the week ex: Old Miami speed vs Nebraska Size

I am not too worried about a 4 loss year, I only see Ohio State pushing us- twice a year at times- Which will allow us to either drop one during the season and win the CCG and still go to the national title game(still relative to that year) or win both, or lose in the CCG or of course drop both.

Big 12 better football conference? i don't think so. Last year Texas had the #1 rush defense in the nation. How did that work out for them against Alabama? they got run all over. Big 12 and Big Ten are two different playstyles. Big Ten runs the ball more than the Big 12 with spread offenses. Everyone knows next year the Big 12 won't be a strong conference next year since the only key matchup is TX and OU. Sure the Big Ten has teams that aren't that good but nothing compared to the Big 12's bottom teams. I'm not trying to overhype the Big Ten but the division we are in is much better than the division we are in now.

I don't see it as the competition is tougher, it's just different. They run play a "tougher" style of football. OSU and UW would be problems this year for sure. Iowa wouldn't be a gimme. I just worry about having teams run straight at us and beat up our defense. We haven't fared too well against teams that run right at us, and these 2 teams probably do a better job of it.

You dont think Bo will adjust for the different style of play? This is just asinine to think Bo will continue to trot 6-7 DB's on the field agianst run oriented O's. He will adjust and recruit to our new needs. I for one am not worried. The D will be just fine, it may take a couple years to get the players to fill the LB position but once we do look out.

Nothing to see here, move along.

granted the big 10 is having a pretty good season. but the majority of the the time we looked at the big 10 as an overrated conference,

and now that we are going to be apart of it, we all of a sudden think its one of the toughest. Iowa in the last 10 years pre-season...

overrated, wisconsin right along with them. the big 10, like the big 12 is usually a 2 or 3 team conference. every team will go through

its cycles of winning and losing. if the big 10 would continue to have wisconsin, iowa, penn state, ohio state and michigan of old,

be as good as this year and the past then you could say a 2-4 loss season would be the norm. but i foresee us being at the top 3 or

so year in and year out.

You dont think Bo will adjust for the different style of play? This is just asinine to think Bo will continue to trot 6-7 DB's on the field agianst run oriented O's. He will adjust and recruit to our new needs. I for one am not worried. The D will be just fine, it may take a couple years to get the players to fill the LB position but once we do look out.

Nothing to see here, move along.

If we had a healthy Sean Fisher and Will Compton all year people would be talking about how the Peso is the perfect defense to run in the Big Ten.

I have no doubt in my mind,

Including us

If we had a Big 10 Big 12 face-off, The Big 12 would come out on Top.

OU vs Ohio State OU

Okie St. vs Wisconsin Okie State

Neb vs Mich St - Neb

Mizzou vs Penn St. Mizzou.

The Big 12 is the better football conference, and as I said previously, yes it is all relative. Last year the Big 12 was also the better conference BY FAR.

No, Texas and OU have been superior to every Big 10 team over the past decade. OSU is close but not on the same level. After that you have Iowa, Wisconsin and a bunch of really inconsistent teams. Missouri and Texas Tech (Leech) match up with those two, and the rest are pretty comparable. Okie St has probably been better on average than the next best Big 10 team (Michigan?). The Big 12 is simply better than the Big 10 in recent history.

In the past 5 years (plus two games this year so far), the Big 12 is 16-6 against the Big 10.

We have averaged 4 losses per year (actually 4.4) over the last 10 years playing in the Big 12 North. So if we only have 2-4 losses per season for the next 10 years in the Big 10 (or whatever new name is) it will be an improvement. I think most teams that average only 2 losses per year will be consistently in the top 10 and compete for NC every few years.

The Big 10 may be worse than the Big 12 NOW, but it wasn't always, and it won't always be. Coaching changes . . .

The Big 10 will be much better next year because

1 - Nebraska is joining

and most importantly

2 - Cosgrove won't be coaching at Minn next year.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo!!!

I want to play his defense next year! One time, just to know what it's like to be ohn the other side of that! They can't fire him, not now!

The first season's gonna be pretty hairy.

Think about this though. Think about Ohio St, Mich, Mich St, Wisc, Iowa, now having to play us?? I'm sure they're just as excited as we are, but they also have to think that replacing Purdue on their schedule with us, isn't necessarily the best case scenario either.

The "power" conferences change by the year (with the obvious exception of the SEC). Two years ago the Big 12 was supreme and the Big 10 was a joke. People, c'mon. We're Nebraska. We know we'll do just fine where ever we go. Drink the kool-aid with me. It tastes sooooooooo good :koolaid2: