Was BO to Florida in the works?

Not really buying this either. Cowherd is not known for any investigative reporting skills. :lol: He's an entertainer who does a pretty good job stirring up discussion on sports topics and that's about it. He usually pushes provocative stories and takes a side to argue and then makes you believe he is the expert on what he is saying. Only problem is then the following week you will hear him discussing the exact opposite side of what he was supposedly an expert on the week before. <_<

http://www.theherdsword.com/2010/12/13/what-stab-meant/

Last week Colin gave the acronym, S.T.A.B., as to who would get the Florida Head Coaching job. Here’s what it meant.

Wednesday night Colin got a call from an excellent source that allowed him to break the Lane Kiffin to USC story and was told Nebraska Head Coach Bo Pelini was in discussions with Florida officials to be their next head coach. S.T.A.B. meant “Southern Ties, Advantage Bo”

The next day Pelini’s name was all over the sports pages in regards to the Miami job. That’s when things got blown up and discussions fell apart. Colin will stand by his word that Pelini was close to getting the Florida job.

I wouldn't be surprised, maybe BO was trying to work something out when it became front page news and felt pressured and took his name out.

I don't think Bo would leave a permanent job versus one that turns over coaches a lot.

Why dont you take your Rumor's and shove them! People like you are exactly what makes me sick. Bring facts or go home!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was expecting a few of these since it seems to be cusomary of every thread on here that someone post that isn't straight from the horses mouth to tell the OP to shove it, dont feed the troll or stop with rumors. If you don't like a thread than don't f'ing read it, pretty simple. Another thing was everything was being talked about Miami and BO and when the most popular sports radio host(one of em) says he has a source that told him about the Kiffin hire before it happened that BO and Florida were talking behind the scenes I think huskernation would be interested. Sure it didn't happen and it maybe a rumor about them having mutual iterest but IMO it makes a lot more sense from both sides, BO and Florida, than any other job openings BO was reported to be a candidate in. The fact is that when it comes to issues that are done behind closed doors; job hirings, suspensions, exspansion, that unless said rumor harms the reputation of someone, I think it's fair to assume fans would be interested. I know Herd is a contrarion but this wasn't a Bob heard it from Bill rumor that is often posted on this forum.

I was expecting a few of these since it seems to be cusomary of every thread on here that someone post that isn't straight from the horses mouth to tell the OP to shove it, dont feed the troll or stop with rumors. If you don't like a thread than don't f'ing read it, pretty simple. Another thing was everything was being talked about Miami and BO and when the most popular sports radio host(one of em) says he has a source that told him about the Kiffin hire before it happened that BO and Florida were talking behind the scenes I think huskernation would be interested. Sure it didn't happen and it maybe a rumor about them having mutual iterest but IMO it makes a lot more sense from both sides, BO and Florida, than any other job openings BO was reported to be a candidate in. The fact is that when it comes to issues that are done behind closed doors; job hirings, suspensions, exspansion, that unless said rumor harms the reputation of someone, I think it's fair to assume fans would be interested. I know Herd is a contrarion but this wasn't a Bob heard it from Bill rumor that is often posted on this forum.

Ok, i'm gonna break this down real quick.

Colin Cowherd is about as well thought of, and has the credentials of Ed Cunningham, Ron Franklin, or Mark May. (by the way, those last three, are dumbasses of the highest magnitude)

If you're actually wasting those 3 hours of your day, subjecting yourself to the verbal jackassery of Senor Cowherd, I suggest you find a more productive way to use your time.

Facts are your friend also. Basic statistics show, the people most likely to make a statement are those strongly against something. Then those strongly for something will come out and say something to oppose them if they know its there. So, because the people you see are strongly against it, they are the most likely to come out and say it. Simply based of statistics, there are plenty more people who fit into the category that they don't care about his attitude then fit into your category of being fed up with it.

What?

Facts are your friend also. Basic statistics show, the people most likely to make a statement are those strongly against something. Then those strongly for something will come out and say something to oppose them if they know its there. So, because the people you see are strongly against it, they are the most likely to come out and say it. Simply based of statistics, there are plenty more people who fit into the category that they don't care about his attitude then fit into your category of being fed up with it.

What?

:yeah

None - the same number of times Muschamp has been censured by his administration. The same number of times Muschamp has publicly embarrassed his school. The same number of times major media outlets have publicly questioned Muschamp's character.

NONE is not necessarily a bad thing. When you're hiring for the position they're hiring for, character plays a huge role. Bo's character has come into question a LOT in the past year. Muschamp... not so much.

Much as I love Bo, the honeymoon is over for me.

I in no way feel that Bo embarrassed his school. I do feel Harvey Pearlman did by making the story much larger by not knowing when to shut the hell up. He threw Bo under the bus publicly and it is TO's job to do that. It's the chancellor's job to shut the hell up when reporters are around.

Bo to Florida, maybe. Bo to Miami, no doubt. Miami wraped up their coaching search 24 hours after Bo said he didnt want to interview.

Florida would be stupid to give Bo the reins to their program this early in his tenure. ATM they're one of the top two programs out there, maybe THE top. They have no reason whatsoever to give their team over to a guy who's had a year as rough as Bo's.

I don't buy a think Cowherd says. His "word" is worth a hill of beans. "Close" to getting the job means nothing. Bo could have been "close" to his phone waiting for it to ring, for all that means.

I won't believe this until someone (not naming names but his initials are BW) says it was discussed.

Who is BW? Bo Welini?

Is it possible that even for 1 single week someone doesnt come up with a stupid a$$ rumor!!!!!

This is getting completely out of hand, this whole season has been annoying with all these rumors....

Bo is going to get the same treatment that Stoops gets, and every opening someone is going to say Bo is "in the running" for the job but guess what he is staying here!!!

Enough with these stupid rumors and how about we actually talk about FOOTBALL!!!!!!!

:yeah

Wake me up when something REAL happens.

I don't buy that it was actually "in the works" as in taking official steps towards making it happen, but I'm sure Bo's name was mentioned. Any time a vacancy comes up the first thing a team does is look at who the ideal, dream candidates might be. That will always seem to include the likes of Bob Stoops or Urban Meyer* now or Bo...Bo is in the upper tier. That is not necessarily a bad thing, but it will lead to additional hand wringing for us Husker fans. It beats the alternative of having somebody who is avoided like the plague because he is abysmally incompetent.

BTW, Colin Cowherd could say that herpes is bad and I'd think, "hmmm, maybe there is something to that simplex after all."

*He'll be back, medical condition or not.