Was BO to Florida in the works?

Bo was going nowhere. He was not contacted by Florida he was contacted by Miami and told them no. The only job that we have to worry about Bo taking is the Ohio State job. Other than that he is a Husker and he bleeds red.

Muschump was actually Foley's top choice.

• Fire 1

Bo was going nowhere. He was not contacted by Florida he was contacted by Miami and told them no. The only job that we have to worry about Bo taking is the Ohio State job. Other than that he is a Husker and he bleeds red.

Muschump was actually Foley's top choice.

This pretty much sums it up. Everything else is just false rumor and speculation.

Pretty much all the sports media talking heads, especially nationally, probably make up 99% of what they "speculate" about from "inside sources." It's just the way it works, throw enough at a wall to see what sticks and then claim you were right and connected.

ESPN is full of absolute morons when it comes to coaching speculation because nobody is going to give them any info so they guess and hope they are right.

Bob Stoops was supposedly taking over Florida last year already when Urban stepped down for a day, he was the leading Candidate for Notre Dame and will probably be Taking over Michigan according to ESPN should they fire Rich Rod without Harbaugh announcing the firing at the press conference, which was a job that had Les Miles ready to abandon his LSU tigers before the national championship game to take over.

Like OU we are probably just going to have to get used to it year in and year out, because apparently to all the talking heads at ESPN this isn't a destination job and Bo is looking for an escape to easy recruiting where he'll need his "big time school" private jets to fly across 1 state and slightly bigger paychecks in places that are more expensive to live in. It's asinine.

Pretty much all the sports media talking heads, especially nationally, probably make up 99% of what they "speculate" about from "inside sources." It's just the way it works, throw enough at a wall to see what sticks and then claim you were right and connected.

ESPN is full of absolute morons when it comes to coaching speculation because nobody is going to give them any info so they guess and hope they are right.

Bob Stoops was supposedly taking over Florida last year already when Urban stepped down for a day, he was the leading Candidate for Notre Dame and will probably be Taking over Michigan according to ESPN should they fire Rich Rod without Harbaugh announcing the firing at the press conference, which was a job that had Les Miles ready to abandon his LSU tigers before the national championship game to take over.

Like OU we are probably just going to have to get used to it year in and year out, because apparently to all the talking heads at ESPN this isn't a destination job and Bo is looking for an escape to easy recruiting where he'll need his "big time school" private jets to fly across 1 state and slightly bigger paychecks in places that are more expensive to live in. It's asinine.

Throughout this whole process it is very clear to me that ESPN has zero interest in reporting the truth. I wish I could get my sports somewhere else.

• Fire 1

His "STAB" interpretation makes sense if you're already assuming the conclusion-- what people used to call "begging the question" before "beg the question" started to mean something else entirely...

How about this:

Spurrier Talks About Ball?

Silver Tressel About the Best?

Stoops Travels Across Boundaries?

Solich Trapped, A Bargain?

Steal Tech's Ault, Buddy!

I mean, seriously. If you assume that they're after such and such a coach you can take a secret code and make it work. That's why Nostradamus is "right" so often. He just wrote something vague with no predictive value, but if you're trying to interpret them after the fact, boy howdy, it sure looks like he knew what he was talking about!

And now that we know that it's Will (William --> Bill) Muschamp... OMG! Southern Ties- Advantage BILL!!! Dun dun DUUUUNNN

Or maybe Sucky Texas, Avoid Bill.

• Fire 1

I think it would be a lot more accurate if in STAB you replaced Bo with Bob. Stoops was their DC when they won a NC under Spurrier. His name was one of the first that popped up when Urban stepped down yet again. If I had to bet, I'd say Bo's name never even came up for the Florida job. However, I do think there was more than likely a little smoke with regards to the Miami job.

His "STAB" interpretation makes sense if you're already assuming the conclusion-- what people used to call "begging the question" before "beg the question" started to mean something else entirely...

How about this:

Spurrier Talks About Ball?

Silver Tressel About the Best?

Stoops Travels Across Boundaries?

Solich Trapped, A Bargain?

Steal Tech's Ault, Buddy!

I mean, seriously. If you assume that they're after such and such a coach you can take a secret code and make it work. That's why Nostradamus is "right" so often. He just wrote something vague with no predictive value, but if you're trying to interpret them after the fact, boy howdy, it sure looks like he knew what he was talking about!

And now that we know that it's Will (William --> Bill) Muschamp... OMG! Southern Ties- Advantage BILL!!! Dun dun DUUUUNNN

Or maybe Sucky Texas, Avoid Bill.

+1 for knowing what "begs the question" actually used to mean.

If you're actually wasting those 3 hours of your day, subjecting yourself to the verbal jackassery of Senor Cowherd, I suggest you find a more productive way to use your time.

Heard his show about three of four times, I've only really heard him on Sportsnation.

Ah yes the Cowherd, Michelle Beadle. No offense, but Michelle Beadle is there to look cute. Before she got that gig she was doing afternoon sports updates on ESPN 1050 in NYC. So, between the two of them, the amount of sports knowledge combined therein, is equal to a football helmet full of cottage cheese.

Florida would be stupid to give Bo the reins to their program this early in his tenure. ATM they're one of the top two programs out there, maybe THE top. They have no reason whatsoever to give their team over to a guy who's had a year as rough as Bo's.

I don't buy a think Cowherd says. His "word" is worth a hill of beans. "Close" to getting the job means nothing. Bo could have been "close" to his phone waiting for it to ring, for all that means.

I won't believe this until someone (not naming names but his initials are BW) says it was discussed.

Who is BW? Bo Welini?

So I see that Big Willie (BW) has not weighed in on this so it must be :bs:

If you're actually wasting those 3 hours of your day, subjecting yourself to the verbal jackassery of Senor Cowherd, I suggest you find a more productive way to use your time.

Heard his show about three of four times, I've only really heard him on Sportsnation.

agreed...but when 1620 is the only sports talk i can pick up, rather than listening to the same 4 songs of a particular genre over and over again on every other radio station throughout the day, then thats what im left with. i imagine most fall in this category in nebraska. heck, lincoln doesnt even have a sports talk station anymore, do they? what would be more productive exactly? listening to some political bullcrap?

i guess i could just shut it off, but then im left with something even worse: my own opinions rattling around my head all day long. :wacko:

agreed...but when 1620 is the only sports talk i can pick up, rather than listening to the same 4 songs of a particular genre over and over again on every other radio station throughout the day, then thats what im left with. i imagine most fall in this category in nebraska. heck, lincoln doesnt even have a sports talk station anymore, do they? what would be more productive exactly? listening to some political bullcrap?

i guess i could just shut it off, but then im left with something even worse: my own opinions rattling around my head all day long. :wacko:

Bro, thats why they invented xm/sirius

What happened to the days of just winning, and getting to a bowl game. Bo gives us just as good of a chance to compete for a league title or a bcs bowl, or a shot at a national championship as T O or Bob D. Why do we have to pick apart every little thing that doesn't work out, the way we want. I don't know if coaching here is the dream job, Bo thought it was going to be. No coach is ever going to WIN them all, but I like what Bo brings to the table every game, a chance to win. Put more pressure on him and his staff, and keep criticizing them, and soon those "rumors" may just be real.

:facepalm:

GBR!!!

What happened to the days of just winning, and getting to a bowl game. Bo gives us just as good of a chance to compete for a league title or a bcs bowl, or a shot at a national championship as T O or Bob D. Why do we have to pick apart every little thing that doesn't work out, the way we want. I don't know if coaching here is the dream job, Bo thought it was going to be. No coach is ever going to WIN them all, but I like what Bo brings to the table every game, a chance to win. Put more pressure on him and his staff, and keep criticizing them, and soon those "rumors" may just be real.

:facepalm:

GBR!!!

Well, we lost 3 games this year. One of those, we were going to lose because instead of stick em on the gloves, the covered them in KY. The other two however, were lost by a total of two field goals. That alone falls upon the offense of this team, which is suspect at best. Whether it's ill timed turnovers, or questionable playcalling, the offense has let this team down.