T-Magic

macroboy

I know Panhandlehusker started a thread like this but his seemed more to pick fights.

Do you think TMagic is our QB of the future? Did we get a little over excited?

Is it all really the coaches fault? Is it just cause he is a freshman?

I think the kid is careless with the ball and makes baffling decisions. I didn't see anything in the last half of the season that said he is the future.

Do you think he is the starter next fall?

It maybe time for T-Carnes or T-urner.

What do you think?

The short answer...............no, but it's more complicated than that IMO. People can argue that he's a freshman and all that, but he should've gotten better as the year went on, not worse. Take his injury out of the equation for a second. His decision making is concerning to me and especially as the year has went on. That forward pass B.S. he pulled last night was one of the more stupid decisions I've ever seen a QB make?! Plenty of freshman have started in D-1 football, but their decision making and football smarts gets better as the year goes on, not worse. I just wonder what he would do if our offensive line would f-ing block somebody long enough for him to make decisions though? It's a really confusing situation and not one where you can point the finger at one player or one coach. There are alot of things involved with the issues we have.

The short answer...............no, but it's more complicated than that IMO. People can argue that he's a freshman and all that, but he should've gotten better as the year went on, not worse. Take his injury out of the equation for a second. His decision making is concerning to me and especially as the year has went on. That forward pass B.S. he pulled last night was one of the more stupid decisions I've ever seen a QB make?! Plenty of freshman have started in D-1 football, but their decision making and football smarts gets better as the year goes on, not worse. I just wonder what he would do if our offensive line would f-ing block somebody long enough for him to make decisions though? It's a really confusing situation and not one where you can point the finger at one player or one coach. There are alot of things involved with the issues we have.

I agree with you. Look at Bray from Tenn. a true freshman throwing against a solid D. He made some bad throws, but you could tell he was learning.

Martinez is a slot WR. I don't understand why we don't use him like UF used Harvin. I think he would excel in that role. But I think the most telling example is of Martinez as QB is how the team responds to his leadership. Martinez has lost the team! Green may not have the Martinez's run attributes but the team is more complete when he is playing.

I was not in the TMart camp before the year. I also had a level head throughout the year regarding this said individual. To answer your question, if he works just as hard as he did this past off-season and Cody Green works just as hard as he did, Cody Green will win the job by leaps and bounds. The rest of my answer is in my PM to you Macro.

I really didn't see anything other than the dumb underhand tosses to get rid of the ball that was that bad last night. He's a better passer than Green. The OL might as well have laid down each time the ball was snapped. Maybe they could have at least tripped one of the three defenders rushing. His ball security has been poor this year, but then again just about everyone that touched the ball for Nebraska this year had ball security problems. Give him even an adequate OL, and we should be fine next year.

I do not think that Martinez is cut out to be a quarterback at the Div I level. He lacks the leadership, quick-decision making and poise. His breakaway speed is good, but you can't hang your hat on the big play. Martinez rarely generated any long, sustained drives this year. Most of the offense this season was "smoke and mirrors" due to Martinez's lucky big plays. Once you shut down Martinez's run threat, Nebraska is beat. A real quarterback cannot be one dimensional.

• Fire 1

I was not in the TMart camp before the year. I also had a level head throughout the year regarding this said individual. To answer your question, if he works just as hard as he did this past off-season and Cody Green works just as hard as he did, Cody Green will win the job by leaps and bounds. The rest of my answer is in my PM to you Macro.

The question is, where do Carnes and Turner fit in the mix? I'm assuming Starling never gets here.

I really didn't see anything other than the dumb underhand tosses to get rid of the ball that was that bad last night. He's a better passer than Green. The OL might as well have laid down each time the ball was snapped. Maybe they could have at least tripped one of the three defenders rushing. His ball security has been poor this year, but then again just about everyone that touched the ball for Nebraska this year had ball security problems. Give him even an adequate OL, and we should be fine next year.

You were not watching the same game that I was. Wasn't it interesting that the OL blocked better for CG than TM? Could it be that CG can slide the protection and make better pre-snap reads than TM? Yes. To say TM is a better passer than CG is a stretch.

The question is, where do Carnes and Turner fit in the mix? I'm assuming Starling never gets here.

As BigWillie stated, Carnes was the second best passer on the team. I have heard no different from anyone else so I will believe that. Turner will push these guys. He is not afraid to say that he is coming for that spot.

I want T-mart to be "the guy" he has that exciting burst, he has a bit of a swagger which i actually like.

But i think we saw the negative side of this kid a lot this year... He isn't liked on the team. when he got hurt last night, did any player seem to care or go up to him? NOPE

I want Taylor to succeed, but i don't know if he wants Taylor to succeed. He doesn't seem to want to work now that he has the fame. When he wasn't known, he worked his butt off, now he seems OK with being just OK. The ankle is the least of my concerns, if all he can do is run, teams will stop that. His inability to go through his reads and make a smart fast choice concerns me.

I love his athletic ability,but he doesn't have the mental makeup or toughness to be a QB.

I was very impressed with Cody Greens ability to step up in the pocket on that last drive. He was calm, now we just need him to make better throws. Good throws gets us a TD.. he had Mikey open a bunch and over threw him every time.

So, to answer your question. No, i don't believe he is the future because he doesn't have the mental toughness, the team doesn't play hard for him.

Carnes,Green, Starling.. someone needs to come in and step up. Sadly i think Taylor will be our QB next year and his attitude wont help this team one bit.

I am not a negative Nancy, and so i hope for the best. But last night really hurt this teams ability to move forward.