How intelligent (Husker wise) have you become from this board?

I just wanted to take sometime to say how much info I get from this board! I'm seen as like the Husker expert around everyone that knows me because of all the updates, stats, reports and whatever else people put up here and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone. I can't imagine how Husker intelligent Knap and Nexus, and the other top dogs are seen around their peers. This board literally has ALL of your Husker news! So I just wanted to say thanks, but also I wanted to y'all to reflect on just how in the loop you guys have become from this website.

...And ya I know that was really corny

I hear a fair amount from the board quicker than I would have otherwise. I mostly like watching just so I can stay current on all the rumors :laughpound

I was hoping for a lot more inside info, but I understand that was just wishful thinking. Just think if everyone on here shared all the stuff they actually know...

The thing I've gotten most from here was different points of view that are actually inteligent and make me think, although I usually don't change my mind. I also enjoy seeing how dumb some people are, no offense to anyone :corndance

P.S. - I will say I'm relatively new to the message board thing (last couple years) but this one is by far the best I've seen.

I'm 40 years into being a Husker Fan, so there's not a lot of historic stuff I don't already know. I learn most of my Husker news from this joint, and I get some interesting opinions. The discussions about this or that player or this or that philosophy are what draw me here. Other points of view are always good to have, and this place has MANY points of view.

The most notable thing I've learned recently is that the "Husker Prayer" isn't our own creation, but a version of a poem written by Berton Braley called The Prayer of the Sportsman. I had thought it was "ours" before this season.

Like bbal and knapp, I don't learn a lot per se, but it is the best place to keep up to date at an up to the minute basis. Thanks to HB, I either he things or find links and in turn, know most stuff before my peers. It's not that much faster most of the time, and it's hardly ever that big of a deal, but I like to be up to date on my Huskers quickly. Cheers to Huskerboard! :cheers

This board is amazing! I've been a member since '05 and it only gets better every year. I've read many other Nebraska sports message boards, but this one is WAY better than any of the other ones, plus it's free. Like others have said, I wouldn't say I've "learned" a whole lot (I read the media guides over Dr. Seuss books as a kid), but it's just a great one stop location for all things Husker related and beyond. I guess you could say the part of the board that I "learn" the most from is the recruiting forum. The main posters in there are 2nd to none in providing any and all information you would want about a recruit.

Similar to the OP, I'm the guy in my family/friend circle that is considered the Husker "expert." Whether it's breaking news post or just a feel-good story someone posted about one of our players, I'll usually tell at least one person about it. Like I said, I've been around the board a fairly long time now. I really don't post very often (seems like everything I want to say has usually already been said), but I check the board at least once a day if not more. Not only is it great for Husker sports, but if you have a question about ANYTHING, chances are someone here will be able to answer it.

I love this place! :wub:

i can say that i've learned a lot and learn stuff everyday.... mostly i guess its the stuff that the guys talk about on this board that i didn't really know in terms of exact position play (i've been a hard core fan but i never really noticed the small stuff that makes a big deal... like the o-line often lets this happen or or LB's do this or that or whatever)

i guess i can relate it to movies... there is soo much stuff that goes in to making a movie... from angles, shots lighting that all add to the picture but that most people are not aware of... i took a couple of film classes in college and was amazed at all the stuff that goes on that i never thought of....

plus i learn a lot about recruiting which i find really interesting....

i wish there were more perverts on this board so i could be more myself but thats okay.......

This is the best board around, period. I seem to learn things nearly everyday I come on the board. A different idea of something that I thought would only be a certain way(normally wrong on my part).

I enjoy the group quite a bit. My guess is even though I have been a Husker fan longer than most of you or your paretns have been alive, I try to pick something up from this board nearly every day.

I can not use the information too often, as there are not many Husker fans out here to talk to unless you go to the gatherings.

But you guys have kept me abreast of what really is going on, what people are really thinking and close to the pulse of Nebraska football.

I could not imagine, not having this board to look at every day. Thanks to all of you for sharing your knowledge and allowing me to voice my thoughts.

As you may have noticed I am fairly new to the board. I am extremely impressed with the knowledge of most of the regular posters I read on here ie. nuance, suh fan, moose, and sometimes even knappy. Its obvious some are "connected" to the highest levels in the husker kingdom. Thanks for taking the time to keep us distant 40 yr. AK'n husker fan informed. Although I am a rookie, is hard to imagine doing without the Huskerboard. Once you attain a certain level of quality and speed of information, it is hard to regress. Thx, you know who you are.