How intelligent (Husker wise) have you become from this board?

On what other board could you have a rivoting topic like the one on the BLUE WAFFLE. Classic.

What?! There was a blue waffle topic and I missed it? I'm guessing it was in the woodshed. While I actually don't care to discuss blue waffle, I would like to see the drinking and driving a scissor-lift story. Who do I talk to about getting the password to the woodshed?

Huskerboard has been an awesome outlet for knowledge and discussion, and in my opinion its the people here that make this board so good. Where we would we be without the likes of Knapp, EZ, Nexus, SkerChicago, BigWillie, GSG, huskerjock, iruletheskool, PaulCrewe, Zoogies, Killer Cacti, da skers, nuance, and many others that make this place the best for anything Husker related.

• Fire 1

i learn a little, mostly on the older stuff. But the reason I like it so much is this board gives you the views of the avg husker fan. Normally the type of guys and gals that hit up message boards fall outside of that "normal" fan bell curve, but HB seems to have alot that live in that curve. Sure the meltdowns are priceless, but in general the ideas and conversation around here are perfectly sane and civil.

I enjoy the personalities and talk around here also, which is why i have stayed so long and stayed so active

Just a curiosity, will you stay as active with us now that our teams are in different conferences and no longer will play each other? I hope so... because I like your input to our board.

I think more than anything, it is a good place to get current Husker info and to confirm/deny rumors. You can "learn" some things such as Husker History or occasionally someone will post links to articles such as the ones that diagrammed Pelini's defenses.

Mostly information, and more often than not, it's pretty accurate.

On what other board could you have a rivoting topic like the one on the BLUE WAFFLE. Classic.

What?! There was a blue waffle topic and I missed it? I'm guessing it was in the woodshed. While I actually don't care to discuss blue waffle, I would like to see the drinking and driving a scissor-lift story. Who do I talk to about getting the password to the woodshed?

Yes it's in there. Just PM a mod for the password, and then duck and cover.

Huskerboard has been an awesome outlet for knowledge and discussion, and in my opinion its the people here that make this board so good. Where we would we be without the likes of Knapp, EZ, Nexus, SkerChicago, BigWillie, GSG, huskerjock, iruletheskool, PaulCrewe, Zoogies, Killer Cacti, da skers, nuance, and many others that make this place the best for anything Husker related.

Thanks for the shout out, but I would concede that I probably don't truely belong with those others listed. If some see fit that I am, then I am honored. I just try to add in what I know and what I think is a validated opinion that either backs a fellow member or constructively bring about a counterpoint to a discussion.

This is personally why I enjoy coming to this board. People at work and some of my friends throw out banter and discussions about NU that just isn't close to be the same as it is here. Here I can throw out an opinion that will quickly be either A, agreed with, with those agreeing adding their own spin/twist with facts and whatnot that add to the discussion further, OR B, disagree and bring facts/data to back their opposing view. In my world it is the opposite, cowrokers/friends say something, I rebunk it or add my twist and then it's usually "yeah, you're right." As much as I love being right, it makes what should be great conversation short lived and boring.

I respect all posters on this board, and give the "idiots" the benefit of the doubt for a few posts at least. All I have ever wanted was the same opportunity by others and it is what I have discovered occurs here.

VIVA Huskerboard!!!!! And VIVA the Blue Waffle Thread!!!!!!!

i learn a little, mostly on the older stuff. But the reason I like it so much is this board gives you the views of the avg husker fan. Normally the type of guys and gals that hit up message boards fall outside of that "normal" fan bell curve, but HB seems to have alot that live in that curve. Sure the meltdowns are priceless, but in general the ideas and conversation around here are perfectly sane and civil.

I enjoy the personalities and talk around here also, which is why i have stayed so long and stayed so active

Just a curiosity, will you stay as active with us now that our teams are in different conferences and no longer will play each other? I hope so... because I like your input to our board.

I think so. It might get a little tougher since there will be no games against eachother or any common opponents....but I fully intend for things to stay the same

There is a lot of good info on this board. There are a few posters who I pay close attention to——Big Willie, and several posters in the Recruiting forum come to mind.

As for the meltdowns, I get the feeling that it's not as bad on HB as some other places. But then, I usually don't see the carnage until after the fact. After a Husker loss the last place I want to be is on a message board rehashing it.

In general, enjoy reading everyone's point of view, usually try to stay pretty neutral for the most part. The great thing is you get to pick up on some other posters who you can relate to where your opinions come from. Plus aside from the husker football forum, there is some other great forums that are just flat out funny and enjoyable.

Absolutely love this board. It's has probably turned into my most visited page on the internet. I regularly pick up a tidbit of info I hadn't known or I'm forced to think about something in a different light.

IMO, two things make this board different than any other message board I've been a part of: the mods and the people. Rarely do you ever run into the "negative for the point of being negative" or the name calling that dominates every other message board out there...scout comes to mind first. When you ask a question here, it is answer almost immediately.

I remember when I first joined, I thought I would check in every once and a while when some crazy thing happened in the program, but it's been the complete opposite. Over 2000 posts and probably a million views later...I'm still here.

GBR!

I really like the overall interaction more than anything. The articles people find are awesome too. Its refreshing to find an unbiased difference of opinion, and on game days, the way we become like a huge husker party talking about the game, is awesome. I honestly don't know what I would do as a Husker fanatic if it wasn't for Huskerboard.

I wouldn't really say I'm gaining football intelligence by being on this board. Its mostly just peoples opinions on different matters. I don't really see many scheme threads where everyone just talks football Xs and Os. Those types of threads would make me more intelligent to the game itself.

Having said that, I do like reading others opinions on everything Husker football related. I also do learn a lot in the recruiting forum. I do not have a rivals subscription, so this board really keeps me up to date on the recruiting front. And during the offseason, it keeps me occupied bc I can go to some other forums and read up on some different issues and have a few laughs at some of the things other people post. Its a cool board and Im glad to be apart of it.

surprised I made this shout out. chuckleshuffle

As for this board, the recruiting info is second to none, and while I spend most of my posts over there, I lurk over here every now and again.. maybe it's about time I find an avatar pic.. :laughpound