Welcome to Danny Woodhead's world

For all of you who think Nebraska in some way wronged Woodhead, ask yourselves this: how would Danny Woodhead have ever seen the field under Bill Clownahan? If Danny Woodhead gets a scholarship from Nebraska, it's highly likely he never sees time in the NFL. If you want to know how Woodhead's career probably would have gone had he got a scholly from Nebraska, look no further than Marcus Mendoza.

For all of you who think Nebraska in some way wronged Woodhead, ask yourselves this: how would Danny Woodhead have ever seen the field under Bill Clownahan? If Danny Woodhead gets a scholarship from Nebraska, it's highly likely he never sees time in the NFL. If you want to know how Woodhead's career probably would have gone had he got a scholly from Nebraska, look no further than Marcus Mendoza.

Callahan helped get Cory Ross a shot at the NFL and Brandon Jackson plays in the league. Woodhead would have played under Billy C, he wouldn’t have had the career he did at Chadron but he would have played.

Using Marcus Mendoza as an example is kind of a stretch considering the only year he spent with Billy C was 2007 and he redshirted that year. His jumping from position to position is all on Bo Pelini.

He would have been buried on the depth chart by Marlon Lucky and Jackson. Clownahan "inherited" Cory Ross. Even if Solich had aggressively pursued Woodhead, I don't think with Clownahan being named coach that Woodhead would have ever made it to Lincoln. If he would have made it to Lincoln, I believe he would have been pinballed from position to position just like Mendoza has been. I'm just wondering if the Ole Miss fans continue to beat a dead horse on not recruiting Jerry Rice?

I would assume Mississippi State fans as well as Ole Miss fans complain about Rice getting away from both schools. The difference is, with Woodhead he is exactly the type of kid that the Nebraska program was built on. I think that is why there is a lot of drum beating about his being shunned by the in state big boy.

Callahan might have inherited Cory Ross but he is the coach that is pretty much responsible for making him the player he turned out to be. Solich played flipping Josh Davis and David Horne instead and it wasn’t until the end of the year did he finally give Ross his chance.

The bottom line is Woodhead should have been offered a scholarship. Just because he is successful doesn’t change that. IMO

Where do you draw the line? Scott Shanle arguably will have a better NFL career than Danny Woodhead. Yet, TO didn't give him a scholly. He had to walk-on. The same can be said for Cory Schlesinger. Nobody throws a hissy fit about these guys because they did walk-on rather than going to a smaller school like Woodhead did.

• Fire 1

The comparisons latently based upon race are frustrating and stupid. I have heard Rex being compared to Toby Gerhart, which is completely ridiculous as well. Woodhead is his own breed, as NewEarth pointed out, he more closely resembles Cory Ross than any other recent back based upon production, versatility and size. If the poster was making the point that Woodhead would have been as versatile at NU as Rex is, then I think he may be on to something. Otherwise, hard to ignore the connection that was made.

The best thing about Danny was his senior year at Chadron St he faced 8 and 9 guysin the box and still put up unreal numbers. Everyone one the field and at the game new who was gonna get the ball and he made defensive coordinators look foolish. Chadron had some good teams then and his line was underappreciated probably, he opened up everything for that offense. He is his own persona for sure it is always just a case of devil's advocate to think/wonder if he could have had success like that at NU considering the type of player he has become today.

he would have been Rex ......before rex

Why because they are both white? :dunno

Other than that being an obvious and fairly irrelevent point. I think he was referring to a RB that is hardnosed, always seems to fall forward, elusive, deceptively quick, great hands out of the backfield, and a player that isn't afraid to step in and block a larger blitzing LB or DLineman. All things Rex does regularly and Danny did at CSC.

Cory Ross did all those things yet you never hear anyone compare Burkhead to him. <_<

Cory Ross was a bowling ball. Burkhead and Woodhead are of a similar body type.

Stop trying to make this a racial thing. Grow up. :facepalm:

:yeah:cop::yeah

T_O_B

:facepalm:

That is a cool video. I wonder what the guy who said he is too small is thinking now that he knows it was actually Woodhead.

And as far as recruiting Woodhead, it easy to say we should have got him to come to Nebraska now that he is excelling in the NFL. Back when he was a senior in high school, honestly who could say they knew he would be this good? I would love to find his recruiting profile on this board and I bet half the posts on it are something to do with him being too small to play Div. 1 football. But now hes a NFL star, so Nebraska looks foolish for not taking him when they had a chance.

That is a cool video. I wonder what the guy who said he is too small is thinking now that he knows it was actually Woodhead.

And as far as recruiting Woodhead, it easy to say we should have got him to come to Nebraska now that he is excelling in the NFL. Back when he was a senior in high school, honestly who could say they knew he would be this good? I would love to find his recruiting profile on this board and I bet half the posts on it are something to do with him being too small to play Div. 1 football. But now hes a NFL star, so Nebraska looks foolish for not taking him when they had a chance.

I can honestly say I knew he was going to be this good when he was in high school.

Not that I can predict the future or anything, but it was very, very obvious he was a special player watching him in high school.