Watson, Gilmore, and Sanders gone?

I agree, Cotton needs to go. To give him the new OL recruits would be like throwing them away. The problem with Watson and Cotton? They are nice guys, but they aren't Closers. IF YA WANT TO WORK HERE, CLOSE! Always Be Closing.

Do you mean closing the deal on the field? I would agree with that pertaining to Cotton, although it appears Bo doesn't share our sentiment.

When it comes to recruiting, I think Cotton is an asset - or at least, this class lends credence to that belief. Cotton was the lead or co-lead recruiter on: Daniel Davie, Ryan Klachko, Tyler Moore, Ryne Reeves, Zach Sterup and David Sutton. Cotton accounted for a lot of "stars" in this year's recruiting class, so maybe he really is an asset there. Someone who pays more attention to recruiting would have to chime in here to correct me if I'm wrong...

Someone in another thread mentioned that one more coach may be reassigned. I wonder if that wouldn't be Cotton, moving to an Admin role, but still involved in recruiting. Pure speculation on my part, of course.

Getting them to sign on the line which is dotted is lovely; but if he can't close on the field, then what good is he to us as a "teacher" of the game. If he can't close, then he needs to hit the bricks. Example: I bought some prime ribeyes from Sams, and put them in the fridge. If ya don't cook the meat, it gets moldy. Doesn't matter that it's prime - mold doesn't care. Point is, if you are going to get the good stuff when shopping for groceries, ya better have someone who is prepared to cook up a good meal, and not ruin dinner!

The problem I have with people bashing Cotton is the fact that he is teaching kids a blocking scheme that he really doesn't know much about and people don't take that into consideration. It would be like me taeching you spanish and I have no idea on how to speak it myself.

On another thread it was mention that Gilmore had been disciplined, I'm out of the loop, can someone please tell me what the rumor is?

Also this Wilson character is either a dumba$$ that hasn't been schooled in protocol or a disgruntled tool. I feel a short career as a HC coming on

On another thread it was mention that Gilmore had been disciplined, I'm out of the loop, can someone please tell me what the rumor is?

Also this Wilson character is either a dumba$$ that hasn't been schooled in protocol or a disgruntled tool. I feel a short career as a HC coming on

Actually Kevin Wilson is a hell of a coach, but I was listening to Jack and John in the morning on 1400 AM, and Mitch Sherman said that Wilson might have announced Raymond to Nebraska as kind of a rebuttle to Nebraska announcing Ekeler to Indiana.

I'm fine with keeping Cotton around as long as we get away from hanging our hat on the zone read play all the time. When we line it up in the I or wildcat, and run it up the middle, our o-line looks down right dominant at times. When we have the QB and RB standing around in the backfield, giving the defenders time to get back there, not so dominant.

Hujan, two solid names emerged for the LBs spot a while back: Doug Colman and Ross Els. I am much more enthused about Colman, personally.

Frost, if I had to guess, would coach WRs as well as co-OC if he came here.

If that were to happen, I see Beck as the other co-OC along with being QBs coach. <_< Which I think would be a big step down in the QB coaching department, but I suppose that is inevitable.

I think we could bring in someone else to coach RBs. It seems a lot more likely than bringing in someone else to coach QBs. I would be quite skeptical of Frost coaching QBs, but who knows.

Any movement lately on Jeff Sims, I wonder?

I talked with a few people after the recruiting dinner last night. Sanders is not gone yet but he is currently on personal leave at this time. But it looks like 70/30 that he's gone. There are some disciplinary issues that could still get resolved.

Gilmore has most likely decided to leave rather than have a different role with the team. I tried to call him yesterday and he didn't return my call. Thats expected I guess.

Sounds like Bo has or will talk to Houstin OC and Frost but at this point its not known likly either will come. There are two other good canidates too that are unknown. Talking to the person I was talking to I'm not sure how impressed Bo is with Frost just yet. That could probably change in an interview I suppose. He was luke warm on Dobson before he interviewed him.

This guy also thought things might fall into place by the middle of next week if not sooner. There are some other things that really arn't for public air.

Thanks da skers. Appreciate you keeping the things that aren't for public air, out of public air.

Actually Kevin Wilson is a hell of a coach, but I was listening to Jack and John in the morning on 1400 AM, and Mitch Sherman said that Wilson might have announced Raymond to Nebraska as kind of a rebuttle to Nebraska announcing Ekeler to Indiana.

I wrote up a blurb about that conversation HERE. Good stuff from Sherman this morning.

After the conversation I just had I'm now 99.9% sure that the hammer is finally going to drop! Watts, Sanders, and Gilmore are all on there way out. From what I was told most of the rumors that folks have been ridiculing posters for the last few days where spot on. Beck/Frost will be co-offensive cord, along with the addition of Corey Raymond from Indiana. Supposedly no recruits have chosen to bail just yet, all except Starling who as has been speculated about before has one foot firmly out the door.

I am usually the last person to throw in my two cents about the inner workings of UNL. In large part because I'm not an alumni, I'm not a booster (unless the thousands of dollars of Husker swag I've bought over the years counts )and I've never been employed by the athletic dept. So In all honestly I usually don't know much about the backroom drama going on there, and don't really care enough to bother those who do just to make myself fell important. But this info was unsolicited and I believe my "source" is more than credible.

Who's my source? My uncle. Who's my uncle? None of your damn business!

not trying to pester, but is your uncle a higher up at the university or a big time booster? not trying to figure out who he is, just how he got the info if you know what i mean.

I don't blame you at all for being skeptical, and until there is an official announcement this is all speculation. I'm not going to try and convince you to believe my word anymore than the last guy here with a "source". I'm personally willing to trust his word, but that only because anytime he's been confident enough (or excited enough) to let us in on big news, he has always been on the mark.

All I'll say about my uncle is that he may or may not have attended a large #$@*#& gathering in Lincoln tonight. And he may or may not be the owner of a successful ^%$#*@#@*&^ company in Western NE. I can tell you that he definitely attended UNL sometime in the last century, and that my uncle is certainly not Dr Tom.

Yes I'm being purposefully vague, but that's only because I'm not sure how tightly this info was supposed to be kept to his vest. Considering the line of questioning for Bo by the local beats tonight, and the fact that the same thing was being discussed on this bored for over two days, and I'd guess it wasn't all that close. Still though, there's no point in me crapping in the candy bowl when I may be offered another piece someday.

i'll be skeptical until i have evidence otherwise, but i do commend you for going out there. no phallus waving saying give me attention and i might drop nuggets. so no matter if your right or wrong, you got some balls.

:yeah Respect....

I wrote up a blurb about that conversation HERE. Good stuff from Sherman this morning.

That blurb is pretty much the whole convo, nice write up knapp. :thumbs

Hujan, two solid names emerged for the LBs spot a while back: Doug Colman and Ross Els. I am much more enthused about Colman, personally.

Frost, if I had to guess, would coach WRs as well as co-OC if he came here.

If that were to happen, I see Beck as the other co-OC along with being QBs coach. <_< Which I think would be a big step down in the QB coaching department, but I suppose that is inevitable.

I think we could bring in someone else to coach RBs. It seems a lot more likely than bringing in someone else to coach QBs. I would be quite skeptical of Frost coaching QBs, but who knows.

Any movement lately on Jeff Sims, I wonder?

The only thing is I have heard that Bo and Scott don't quite see eye to eye. I would be a little surprised at that hire. And, I have no qualms with Frost being a qb coach. He was a very good QB, has played for Walsh, Osborne, and Gill as a QB, and could probably offer some really good insight to T-Mart, Carnes, and Turner.

Sean Callahan was just on our local espn radio talk show (Doug and Daddy). Say's "you can count on Watson, Gilmore, and Sanders NOT being a part of the staff next year. Confirms that Sanders has not taken a recruiting visit since Jan 7, and that his leaving is disciplinary, and that he cannot confirm recruiting visits by Watson and Gilmore since before the bowl game. The 3 were the only 3-outside of Bo-members of the staff that were NOT at the dinner last night, all strong indicators that they are no longer a part of the staff." He indicated very strong speculation that Jason Phillips of Houston and Scott Frost are top candidates for offensive coaching postitions (not necassarily OC), that Corey Raymond being hired is a certainty and confirms that Ross Ells is in Lincoln today, and will most likely accept the LB coach position.

From what I've been told all along was that Watson wanted out. Part of the reason his name came up for so many jobs was because of the feelers he put out for each and every job that came along. I don't think Bo fired him, and/or even wanted him to leave. Watson made up his mind sometime during the season that he didn't want to be here come the 2011 season. The gray area in all of this is what the agreement was between Watson and Bo with regards to Watson not getting picked up anywhere else. Obviously, it would have been better if Watson would have been picked up months ago. The timing thing of all this really isn't very good anymore.

junior, I agree. I really think Watson wanted no part of this for 2011 after what happened in 2010, and I don't blame him. I don't think Bo wanted him for 2011 either but I'm less sure of that and I'm less sure Bo's plan for the offense is on the right track. But we shall see...we should get a boost next year compared to this, just on the basis of the players alone.

From what I've been told all along was that Watson wanted out. Part of the reason his name came up for so many jobs was because of the feelers he put out for each and every job that came along. I don't think Bo fired him, and/or even wanted him to leave. Watson made up his mind sometime during the season that he didn't want to be here come the 2011 season. The gray area in all of this is what the agreement was between Watson and Bo with regards to Watson not getting picked up anywhere else. Obviously, it would have been better if Watson would have been picked up months ago. The timing thing of all this really isn't very good anymore.

The timing is awful, especially if Scott Frost is coming over. I have several Duck Fan buddies, and they're up in arms over the rumors in Eugene that Frosty is headed back to Lincoln. They are (justifiably so) upset that Frost had a hand in the recruiting of several players, only to bolt afterwards. They're upset that players may reconsider their choices to Oregon (which they can't after the LOI is signed, but whatever). Bottom line is, they're pissed we may come "steal" Frost from them.

I really, really hope we were up-front with all of our recruits about what was going on. If not, it looks bad for us.