Recruit not happy about the Marvin situation

Not to defend Bo or the fact that this kid didn't know about what changes were coming, but Chatelain is just pushing his own agenda. Not only is he painting the article itself, but he probably asked the kid leading questions trying to create the controversy. Is the kid upset, yes, but does he feel like he got completely screwed and doesn't want to come to Nebraska anymore? I don't think so...

We're also not the only place going through this sort of thing. Scott Frost appears to be considering leaving Oregon. He has some recruits that like him out in Oregon, and if he decides to bolt they'll be stuck too. There are probably some Indiana recruits that feel the same way about Corey Raymond. I think you have to do everything you can to avoid these situtations, but who knows what timeline Bo is on or what other factors are at play. Maybe Watson isn't gone yet, maybe he's only gone if Bo secures a commitment from one of his coaching targets. Hard to say...

• Fire 3

Not to defend Bo or the fact that this kid didn't know about what changes were coming, but Chatelain is just pushing his own agenda. Not only is he painting the article itself, but he probably asked the kid leading questions trying to create the controversy. Is the kid upset, yes, but does he feel like he got completely screwed and doesn't want to come to Nebraska anymore? I don't think so...

We're also not the only place going through this sort of thing. Scott Frost appears to be considering leaving Oregon. He has some recruits that like him out in Oregon, and if he decides to bolt they'll be stuck too. There are probably some Indiana recruits that feel the same way about Corey Raymond. I think you have to do everything you can to avoid these situtations, but who knows what timeline Bo is on or what other factors are at play. Maybe Watson isn't gone yet, maybe he's only gone if Bo secures a commitment from one of his coaching targets. Hard to say...

:yeah

We're not the first program that has had to deal with this, nor will we be the last.

If he's so mad then let him leave and release him from his LOI. If he isn't coming to PLAY FOR BO AND BE A HUSKER so be it. I would bet if he asked Bo for a release he would give it no problem. Fact is Sanders could have taken another job and left after signing day, not a big diff. Really, from the sounds of it it is nobody's fault but Wanders so if Charles wants to be mad then be mad at Sanders. Something tells me when Bo recruits he tells kids they are first and foremost commiting to the university and secondly to him! Ass't coaches can come and go. And in the end Bo couldn't really just say Sanders wont be around if this was a day by day developing thing in his personal life.

You don't see anything wrong with not even letting these guys know what was going on? I bet he would have still come to Nebraska if Bo would have just be straight forward and honest with him. The kid feels lied to and who can blame him...

Nope. Was he part of the team before wednesday? Hell, for all we know he could have up and signed with Arky. Why would you let kids who are not part of your team in on stuff like this. Too many of you on here are forgetting these kids weren't huskers until wednesday and could have went anywhere. You don't discuss family issues outside the family. Im sure he will be contacted shortly now and things will be fine. I for one wont get my panties in a bunch over an 18 year old kid who has never and may never see the field. Also, sounds like CJ should be worrying more bout himself and getting his academics in order instead of worrying about coaches.

• Fire 1

Aren't we in a dead period for recruiting right now? Maybe Bo wanted to wait till it was official and has to wait til the end of the period. Should Bo have given him the heads up? Yeah, most definitely. But maybe he figured he shouldn't make Jackson worry whether Sanders was staying or not if he was gonna stay anyways. Bo is still learning to be a head coach and this is the first time that he is in charge of making coaching changes. So if we have to change coaches again (let's hope not :) ) I think he will approach it differently than he has this time.

So now we're accepting post-speculating as fact? Before people were just throwing out random possibilities that they heard from a guy who heard from a guy and now everyone is acting as if the only possible explanation for this situation is deception on the part of NU. I say we wait until the storm settles and then evaluate it once all the details are worked out and everyone has explained their side. I think this is a just a chance for Bo-bashers to get off and few people are looking at the situation and trying to figure out what actually, instead of why what they think, happened.

Sanders who was recruiting Charles Jackson and Damian Stafford did not visit these two recruits in the final weeks of recruiting so these recruits should've been told by the NU staff whttp://www.omaha.com/article/20110203/BIGRED/702039777hat was going on.....you would think.

Actually, Jackson was recruited by Beck and JP.

According to Rivals Beck, JP, and Sanders doesn't even have Charles Jackson listed under Commitments.

Sean Callahan said that Sanders didn't visit Jackson the last few weeks of recruit so I figured he was being recruited by Sanders.

EDIT: According to this link Jackson talks about Sanders say this

“I still want to know, out of respect,” Jackson said. “I still want to know. You don't just jump up and leave and not tell the guy you recruited. I don't think that was right.”

So maybe Sanders did recruit him? Also reading back on a lot of HuskersIllustraded articles Sanders visited Jackson a lot and Sanders was mentioned the most out of all of the Husker coaches in the articles.

If I'm wrong oh well life goes on and I'll admit that I'm wrong lol

the story goes that when archie manning talked to both his boys about college, he told them both to NOT make their decisions based on their relationships with their recruiting assistant coaches.

assistants come and go for various reasons, he explained (EXCEPTION: nebraska circa 1981 to 1997 ;) ). he told them that it was more important to choose a school where they could see themselves enjoying their college experience.

if jackson is that upset that sanders is gone, then i'm not going to hold it against him for leaving. however basing his decision around ONE assistant coach was probably a mistake on his part.

of course, it's the decision of a seventeen- eighteen-year-old high school student so i'm thinking the world should grant a mulligan to him in this case.

• Fire 1

Didn't Sanders resign and not get fired? Everyone is saying that he got fired but I thought he resigned. Where is it Bo's place to spill the beans to a recruit about what Sanders might have done. You don't tell a recruit that his position coach has been up to no good and he is leaving for it.

• Fire 1

the story goes that when archie manning talked to both his boys about college, he told them both to NOT make their decisions based on their relationships with their recruiting assistant coaches.

assistants come and go for various reasons, he explained (EXCEPTION: nebraska circa 1981 to 1997 ;) ). he told them that it was more important to choose a school where they could see themselves enjoying their college experience.

if jackson is that upset that sanders is gone, then i'm not going to hold it against him for leaving. however basing his decision around ONE assistant coach was probably a mistake on his part.

of course, it's the decision of a seventeen- eighteen-year-old high school student so i'm thinking the world should grant a mulligan to him in this case.

:yeah

GBR!!!