Recruit not happy about the Marvin situation

I think most people's opinions on this would be different if we didn't have such a great recruiting class.

I can understand CJ being upset about the whole deal. He is kept in the dark about the coach who is responsible for his development and potential for having a future in the NFL. Maybe there is a legitimate reason for this, we don't know yet. I'm wondering what Starling's reaction will be if Watson is fired.

The better question may be whether Watson being retained would prevent Starling from turning down millions...

The better question may be would it be worth keeping around an inept football coach just to try and convince 1 recruit to turn down the Major Leagues? A recruit who will spend half his time concentrating on baseball if he does come here...

Would anyone be complaining about his approach if it was Wats or Gilmore? We all would be willing to give up a couple of recruits for them to be gone, and if he did the same thing and an offensive player spoke out, we all would care less and say "coaches come and go".

I think we are all freaking out more because its Sanders, who on the field, was getting his kids to perform. Not because some recruit is upset.

Can anyone elaborate on what Charles' dad said?

I can't knock on Dirk too much for this. He certainly has an axe to grind and CJ was probably a pawn in his assault on the administration. But the content of the article, however inappropriate it may be, gives a good insight into CJ's feelings in the aftermath of the announcement. It hit him by surprise. He had no idea and he heard it first not from the University but through the press release. Maybe there are legal reasons for that, but you'd think Bo or Sanders or someone would have notified him, even if they couldn't say anything more.

What I gather from the stuff on CJ's dad...well, I guess it is good news. Things have been smoothed over with CJ & fam, it seems, and they are on Bo's side in this debate. That's a positive sign for now. This whole episode still leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but I'll just stop complaining and let Bo do his thing.

Rick Parker, Charles's dad, was on 1620 clearing up the quote which got national headlines. He basically said that they had made this decision as a family and Sander's resignation would not have been a factor. Apparently what Charles said was taken a bit out of context. Obviously it came as a surprise that Sanders was no longer going to be coaching, but it was not in any way to be construed that Charles was having second thoughts about Nebraska. He is firmly a Husker. Both Charles and Rick also understood that Sander's fate was not completely clear up until a day or two ago.

I have to say Mr. Parker did his kid a service, and by the sound of him, I wish every kid going through this ridiculous recruiting process had such a strong father figure offering guidance and support along the way. It's too easy for reporters to cash in on kid's naivety about how what they say can be misunderstood or overemphasized.

Rick Parker, Charles's dad, was on 1620 clearing up the quote which got national headlines. He basically said that they had made this decision as a family and Sander's resignation would not have been a factor. Apparently what Charles said was taken a bit out of context. Obviously it came as a surprise that Sanders was no longer going to be coaching, but it was not in any way to be construed that Charles was having second thoughts about Nebraska. He is firmly a Husker. Both Charles and Rick also understood that Sander's fate was not completely clear up until a day or two ago.

I have to say Mr. Parker did his kid a service, and by the sound of him, I wish every kid going through this ridiculous recruiting process had such a strong father figure offering guidance and support along the way. It's too easy for reporters to cash in on kid's naivety about how what they say can be misunderstood or overemphasized.

Exactly. His dad did a great job of clearing up everything. And just to clarify, he was upset with ESPN ignoring the part of Dirk's article where Charles said he would still have gone to NU even had he known about Sanders leaving before signing day. Just one more reason why :espnsucks:

I heard this phone call myself, I hope it stung a little when all the reporters and people who doubt Bo heard this. Bo handled the situation just fine thank you.

I heard this phone call myself, I hope it stung a little when all the reporters and people who doubt Bo heard this. Bo handled the situation just fine thank you.

Frankly most of the reporters handled it fine. People slam the LJS guys for writing "fluff," but you know what, it's college football, not Watergate. At least they're responsible, they know their role, and they don't make things personal.