The Register Guard: NU makes a play for former Husker Scott Frost

Nexus

The lure of working at his alma mater is apparently being dangled in front of Oregon receivers coach Scott Frost.

Nebraska coach Bo Pelini has contacted Frost about the possibility of taking a job with the Cornhuskers, the team Frost quarterbacked to the 1997 national championship. The Lincoln (Neb.) Journal Star reported late Wednesday that the two have spoken, and a UO source confirmed the interest from Nebraska in Oregon’s second-year receivers coach.

Continue Reading

• Fire 1

The only way I see him coming here is if he's Offensive Coordinator. No way he makes a lateral move. Get him here and put him in position to succeed Bo if he ever leaves. This guy is one hell of a recruiter and is rising rapidly through the ranks. Snag him before someone else does.

No way he makes a lateral move?? I would be shocked if he wouldn't make the lateral move, not that he will have too. The guy is from Nebraska, and most of us who are from Nebraska can speak to the dreams of playing, and coaching at NU. :thumbs

• Fire 1

The only way I see him coming here is if he's Offensive Coordinator. No way he makes a lateral move. Get him here and put him in position to succeed Bo if he ever leaves. This guy is one hell of a recruiter and is rising rapidly through the ranks. Snag him before someone else does.

No way he makes a lateral move?? I would be shocked if he wouldn't make the lateral move, not that he will have too. The guy is from Nebraska, and most of us who are from Nebraska can speak to the dreams of playing, and coaching at NU. :thumbs

it would be senseless for him to come as less than the OC

• Fire 1

Talk about a night and day change for Frost in hc's demeaners! I do believe that he would have to be getting the oc job and be able to pick some of his staff to even think about the offer. They love him in Oregon and are probably not afraid to increase his salary to keep him. Maybe Pelini remembers someone taking a chance on a linebacker coach from Green Bay...

it would be senseless for him to come as less than the OC

A lateral move to most, but not necessarily a Nebraska born kid.

• Fire 1