tressel situation

Over/under on Bo to Ohio St. posts today?

Over/under 14

I bet Bo would have to fight off the brood of stoop' for that gig....

Other than growing up in Youngstown Stoops doesn't have any connections to Ohio State that I can find. He played for Iowa (as did both of his brothers), then headed even farther south. Don't see Bo needing to fight them off.

Regardless, don't see this having any impact on Tressel for at least a year, if not two or three. It will move faster than the U$C BS, but not by much.

Over/under on Bo to Ohio St. posts today?

Is it sad that as soon as I saw this story I thought to myself "I wonder how many threads/posts there are on HB referencing this story and Bo leaving Nebraska for that job."

If anything comes of this, it is going to MONTHS, if not YEARS. Look how long the whole Reggie Bush situation panned out. Hell he was what, a 3 yr veteran in the NFL before it came to an end?

Besides, I don't see Tressel pulling a Carroll and bolting as soon as he see's the walls start crumbling down. On the other hand, if this is true, Tressel and all his comments about tradition and disappointment in his players really doesn't mean anything.

I will definitely watch this story BUT I won't get up in arms about Bo possibly leaving until it happens, if it happens.

Isn't there a rule in the Big Ten that head coaches can't go from one Big Ten school to another?

No - the same "myth" exists in recruiting. It's a courtesy shown, provided it doesn't impact your own self interest...in other words - if they could put the Huskers in the tank for 2-4 years while we find another Bo, and at the same time grab one of the hottest up and coming coaches in the game...they'll be doing it. Hate em if you want, but they'll beat you almost every Saturday and in the end that is what really matters.

(it's a non-issue because it won't be happening, though hypothetically speaking...)

Isn't there a rule in the Big Ten that head coaches can't go from one Big Ten school to another?

No - the same "myth" exists in recruiting. It's a courtesy shown, provided it doesn't impact your own self interest...in other words - if they could put the Huskers in the tank for 2-4 years while we find another Bo, and at the same time grab one of the hottest up and coming coaches in the game...they'll be doing it. Hate em if you want, but they'll beat you almost every Saturday and in the end that is what really matters.

(it's a non-issue because it won't be happening, though hypothetically speaking...)

Thanks for the info. Just thought I read somewhere that it was a rule. It won't be happening though...Tressel will end up being alright.

Thanks for the info. Just thought I read somewhere that it was a rule. It won't be happening though...Tressel will end up being alright.

it isn't a rule but (idk if true or not) but supposedly there is some sort of stipulation in the contract about leaving for a job in the same conference. Although we don't join the big 10 officially until july, right?

it isn't a rule but (idk if true or not) but supposedly there is some sort of stipulation in the contract about leaving for a job in the same conference. Although we don't join the big 10 officially until july, right?

Here's a link to a thread that has a link to his contract. I scanned over the contract via my phone and didn't see anything limiting him to where he can and can't go. I may have missed it. It seems that if he were to leave now, he would owe the university only $250,000. Awfully low but I believe the university would owe Bo only $62,000 per year remaining on his contract if he were fired. I think read that right.

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/51315-bos-contract/page__pid__756738#entry756738

What exactly has Bo done as a head coach to deserve to be considered for the Ohio State job? As far as I can tell, absolutely nothing. He is not leaving. No one wants him. Get over this Bo is the greatest coach in America garbage. He may well be in the future, but at this time he is not.

Well we could see the tressel situation escalate greatly if the yahoo sports report is true. I'm hoping it doesn't escalate because if tressel runs into a situation where Ohio st gets punished for his actions Bo is going to be a top candidate to replace him.

Mod edit - sorry, can't post that outside the shed. knapplc

• Fire 1