EA Sports simulated the entire 2011 season using NCAA Football 2012 and then simulated the BCS games. Nebraska fans might hope reality matches up -- at least for the regular season.

In the video game simulation (which you can see clips of here), the Cornhuskers represent the Big Ten in the Rose Bowl in their first year in the league. Nebraska plays Oregon in virtual Pasadena, but that's where things start to go south.

The simulation has the Ducks leading 30-14 at halftime. Nebraska closes within 30-23, but Oregon scores the final 12 points for a 42-23 win. I don't think the Blackshirts would believe they could give up 42 points to anybody.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/29044/cornhuskers-make-simulated-rose-bowl

signs of things to come?...

Pasadena sounds nice in january.

EA Sports simulated the entire 2011 season using NCAA Football 2012 and then simulated the BCS games. Nebraska fans might hope reality matches up -- at least for the regular season.

In the video game simulation (which you can see clips of here), the Cornhuskers represent the Big Ten in the Rose Bowl in their first year in the league. Nebraska plays Oregon in virtual Pasadena, but that's where things start to go south.

The simulation has the Ducks leading 30-14 at halftime. Nebraska closes within 30-23, but Oregon scores the final 12 points for a 42-23 win. I don't think the Blackshirts would believe they could give up 42 points to anybody.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/29044/cornhuskers-make-simulated-rose-bowl

signs of things to come?...

Pasadena sounds nice in january.

I would sure hope that the outcome would be different, but Pasadena, California weather, and roses sure do sound nice for January.

So I picked the game up. Only major glitch I've noticed so far is that with the removal of the suction tackles sometimes defenders will just run on by the ball carrier and not even attempt to tackle. I just lost to Michigan state because they busted 2 long runs where my safeties ran right on passed the running back. Defenders have taken some poor angles too which resulted in big plays but both of these problems can get patched up. Everything else seems solid.

Dynasty really hasn't changed too much, aside from the coaches option. Recruiting is still the same, just in a different format. The option to have your own playbook is very nice.

RTG has gotten a huge upgrade, but no Erin Andrews at all. From the start you have the choice to use your athlete on either off/def or both. You can actually now become a true 5 star athlete. Running the regular season affects your status on the depth of whatever team you decide to choose. For example, i made Aaron Green twice, the first time i ran him as a balanced HB but fast forward to signing day after he reached 5 star level and had earned 100% of his scholarship with Nebraska. Playing the season or playoffs earns you points that goes towards how interested a school is in your athlete. After I signed with Nebraska i started out with 7865 XP and found myself with the 4th string backs. No more do you run with the first team offense no matter what your position is on the depth chart. I worked out with 3rd string players. Once you have earned your coaches trust for the next position, you have a position battle with the guy at the next level, fail to meet the points and you start over with the coaches trust.

The second time i made Aaron Green, played out his entire season and playoffs, signed with Nebraska again, this time i was sitting at 17985 XP and found myself at a solid #2 running back and quickly took the starting role after the first game.

So it really pays off to play the entire high school season if you want a head start on the position battle with whatever school you want to sign with.

I think my next RTG player will be Jamal Turner as a WR/DB as see how that works out.

Little birdie tells me rosters might be out by this weekend, and i see there is already an update for NCAA 2012.

Gripes: The players glide across the field like its an ice hockey rink. Also there is some kind of glitch in RTG where catching the ball doesn't always count as a catch.

Dynasty really hasn't changed too much, aside from the coaches option. Recruiting is still the same, just in a different format. The option to have your own playbook is very nice.

RTG has gotten a huge upgrade, but no Erin Andrews at all. From the start you have the choice to use your athlete on either off/def or both. You can actually now become a true 5 star athlete. Running the regular season affects your status on the depth of whatever team you decide to choose. For example, i made Aaron Green twice, the first time i ran him as a balanced HB but fast forward to signing day after he reached 5 star level and had earned 100% of his scholarship with Nebraska. Playing the season or playoffs earns you points that goes towards how interested a school is in your athlete. After I signed with Nebraska i started out with 7865 XP and found myself with the 4th string backs. No more do you run with the first team offense no matter what your position is on the depth chart. I worked out with 3rd string players. Once you have earned your coaches trust for the next position, you have a position battle with the guy at the next level, fail to meet the points and you start over with the coaches trust.

The second time i made Aaron Green, played out his entire season and playoffs, signed with Nebraska again, this time i was sitting at 17985 XP and found myself at a solid #2 running back and quickly took the starting role after the first game.

So it really pays off to play the entire high school season if you want a head start on the position battle with whatever school you want to sign with.

I think my next RTG player will be Jamal Turner as a WR/DB as see how that works out.

Little birdie tells me rosters might be out by this weekend, and i see there is already an update for NCAA 2012.

Gripes: The players glide across the field like its an ice hockey rink. Also there is some kind of glitch in RTG where catching the ball doesn't always count as a catch.

Do you have to go to practice every day in RTG? In the years past, once you earned the #1 spot, you were basically cleared from actually practicing for your career.