Yea, LB verticals have been ridiculous so far in this game. Its the main problem i have with throwing over the middle of the field. As for the defensive backs playing in front of the receiver on the slant routes, was an added feature to help take it away from the aspect of the game, i just didn't think it would be quite so often. They may need to rethink about that added feature. It seems as if the short passing game is almost impossible. the only routes that really seem to work with the short yardage gains is the comeback route and the cut inside. As for the long yardage passes, streaks seem to work somewhat as long as you hit receiver on a good jump and before the defender can catch up to him. Inside routes work too, unless the LB leaps high up to bat your pass away with one hand. Corner routes can work well too, like always.

Apparently people over at the Operation Sports Forum have found a solution to the Super LBs. Because of the ability to edit rosters, before you play each team lower the LB Jumping ability by 40. Should work like a charm.

Thats a lot of teams to edit

Forgot to clarify, just edit your LBs and then the team you play before you play them.

Found a glitch last night playing dynasty and coaching only (calling plays and watching). I made my own playbook and three times the set of suggested plays was nothing but a ? and no images of x's or routes or anything. The first time I tried to back out and pick my own play but wouldn't let me. Tried pausing and unpausing...nothing. So i just picked one of the ? mark plays. My players all came up to the line of scrimmage huddled up and bumped into each other repeatedly until they touched a D linemen then the ref flagged them for devensive offsides :)

The second time the quarter ended

The third time I picked a play and audibled to something else. Very strange and stopped using the custom playbook after that one game.

Anyone also notice that with already horrible passing, Taylor Martinez can't throw to save his life? I had Kyler Reed running a go straight down the middle... no one covered him. I press the button. Taylor launches it to the sideline... Wtf?

Actually I found him to be somewhat realistic in his passing, at times it's stellar but other times he over throws em on a wide open td or throws behind on a slant route.

But I really think he is ridiculously underrated in his running. It seems like they didn't even touch his running ratings from last and sometimes he even seems slower. Zac Lee was faster in this game last year and could run any option better than Taylor can this year. I bumped his acceleration up to 90 and it still didn't feel right so I had to put it at 99 and put his speed up to 90 and it felt pretty close to what he looks like. I honestly feel for players like him and Dennard and a few others they need to rewrite acceleration these guys first steps just can't be created in this game.

On a side note anyone else really struggling with NU's line they absolutely abysmal in all areas. I play on heisman by the way...

so - i bought a copy of 2012 for xbox - it's my first football game since ncaa 1995 for ps1. i'm wondering what defenses u guys have the best luck with, and i need some offensive plays that work. after a 52-10 shellacking of wisky, the best i can seem to do is 21 points.

also - why does the computer regularly drill 50+ yd field goals, but it's practically a miracle if i hit a 40 yarder?

On field goals you need to lower the trajectory in order to get distance, just push the stick down that you aim with and line it up.

As far as defense against the computer I like to use nickle for 3+ recievers, the 1-5-5 works pretty well with some blitzes mixed in. 2 WRs or less and I use 4-3, 46(mostly goal line short yardage), and 4-4. as far as plays cover 2 sink seems to work pretty well against a lot of plays and cover 2 man is ok for a basic D. Dont be scared to blitz but try not to use all out biltzes a lot because you can get burned real bad on passes or runs.

And use the adjustments for the line and ball strips. You'll get some offsides but it can pay off with sacks. Mostly you just need to play and see what feels comfortable, could take a week or two to figure it out.

There is a known glitch with named rosters now that will be patched. When rosters are named player tendencies flip, so name Taylor Martinez or Dennard Robinson and they become balanced QB's and never take off when the CPU controls them. The balanced QB's become runners, and take off too much.

EA's only solution is to delete rosters and then re-do them after the patch, ouch.

Anyone also notice that with already horrible passing, Taylor Martinez can't throw to save his life? I had Kyler Reed running a go straight down the middle... no one covered him. I press the button. Taylor launches it to the sideline... Wtf?

Actually I found him to be somewhat realistic in his passing, at times it's stellar but other times he over throws em on a wide open td or throws behind on a slant route.

But I really think he is ridiculously underrated in his running. It seems like they didn't even touch his running ratings from last and sometimes he even seems slower. Zac Lee was faster in this game last year and could run any option better than Taylor can this year. I bumped his acceleration up to 90 and it still didn't feel right so I had to put it at 99 and put his speed up to 90 and it felt pretty close to what he looks like. I honestly feel for players like him and Dennard and a few others they need to rewrite acceleration these guys first steps just can't be created in this game.

On a side note anyone else really struggling with NU's line they absolutely abysmal in all areas. I play on heisman by the way...

My take:

Heisman is still absolute horsecrap to play on. The game isn't challenging... it's unrealistic. Twice now I started the fourth game of my 2nd season against Ohio (I didn't feel like playing an FCS team and thought the Solich connection would make for a fun game), only to nearly tear my hair out by halftime being down both times 17-3 and 7-3 with them about to score.

There are always issues with the lines on Heisman, this is the game's way of compensating. But there is no way the Ohio front seven totally owns NU's O Line and sheds them like rag dolls to shut TMart, Burkhead, and A Green down. I know NU's offensive line isn't the best in the nation, but no way Ohio University dominates them. The CPU pass rush definitely needs cranked down, and I've noticed that you have to release the ball earlier with a Dlineman in your face than in years past. If you don't get it off a good half second faster than last year you're gonna get sacked... I have definitely issues with this. Obviously CPU and User interceptions need cranked down as well. Far far too many passes simply have some random LB/DB step in front of them and pick them off.

I just found a set of Heisman sliders here and I'm going to test them out to see if they make things more bearable:

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football-sliders/493187-ibo247s-ncaa-12-heisman-sliders-5.html

Just tested my Heisman sliders out for the first time. I played Ohio State.

Game Stats:

OSU: 0 7 0 7 14

NU: 0 0 7 14 21

OSU NU

Score: 14 21

First Downs: 13 19

Total Offense: 308 361

Rushes/Yds/TD: 23/62/2 50/165/2

Comp/Att/Yds/TD: 12/21/246/0 15/20/196/1

Int/Fumbles Lost: 2/0 0/0

Penalties/Yds: 3/29 1/10

T.O.P: 10:11 21:49

OSU QB:

Notes: Overall, this felt great. An amazing game for me. It was a great game all the way through. I was playing on default Heisman, and wound up going into halftime down 17-3 and 7-3 (with them about to score) to OHIO (NOT OSU) a couple weeks before this game, so I had had it with the unrealistic play of default Heisman. These sliders felt AWESOME. Cranking the Player Min Speed Threshold down helps immensely. The speedier players actually get the advantage they should have and this helps get the running game off the ground. I am no longer pulling my hair out from a DB stepping in front every other pass and picking it off with ease. It helped that I actually learned how to step into throws in the game too, though.

Anyway, we played a great game right down to the 4th quarter, where I scored to go up 14-7. They end up getting the ball back with about 2 minutes left and I fail to stop their O... Tie game. We get it back with 40 seconds left. A holding call and an incomplete pass later, I'm looking at 3rd and 20. I audible to 4 Verticals out of shotgun and they blitz their CB on my 3 WR side. A lob up to my outside guy works perfectly and he ends up burning their D as time expires. Great, great game. So much more fun than I was having.

I'd recommend anyone that feels AA is too easy give these sliders a try. They make Heisman so much more realistic and not cheesy.