Just tested my Heisman sliders out for the first time. I played Ohio State.

Game Stats:

OSU: 0 7 0 7 14

NU: 0 0 7 14 21

OSU NU

Score: 14 21

First Downs: 13 19

Total Offense: 308 361

Rushes/Yds/TD: 23/62/2 50/165/2

Comp/Att/Yds/TD: 12/21/246/0 15/20/196/1

Int/Fumbles Lost: 2/0 0/0

Penalties/Yds: 3/29 1/10

T.O.P: 10:11 21:49

OSU QB:

Notes: Overall, this felt great. An amazing game for me. It was a great game all the way through. I was playing on default Heisman, and wound up going into halftime down 17-3 and 7-3 (with them about to score) to OHIO (NOT OSU) a couple weeks before this game, so I had had it with the unrealistic play of default Heisman. These sliders felt AWESOME. Cranking the Player Min Speed Threshold down helps immensely. The speedier players actually get the advantage they should have and this helps get the running game off the ground. I am no longer pulling my hair out from a DB stepping in front every other pass and picking it off with ease. It helped that I actually learned how to step into throws in the game too, though.

Anyway, we played a great game right down to the 4th quarter, where I scored to go up 14-7. They end up getting the ball back with about 2 minutes left and I fail to stop their O... Tie game. We get it back with 40 seconds left. A holding call and an incomplete pass later, I'm looking at 3rd and 20. I audible to 4 Verticals out of shotgun and they blitz their CB on my 3 WR side. A lob up to my outside guy works perfectly and he ends up burning their D as time expires. Great, great game. So much more fun than I was having.

I'd recommend anyone that feels AA is too easy give these sliders a try. They make Heisman so much more realistic and not cheesy.

Do you have a link for the sliders you're using?

This game is junk. I just finished my 4th season in dynasty but the autosave has been screwing up. I've had to replay several games and i just lost the last half of my season plus the offseason recruiting as the autosave threw me back in time when i loaded her up again. I can't imagine it's my harddrive. Xbox is less than a year old and i've never had issues prior to playing this game.

I've had issues with Fresno State, specifically, having played them two years in a row and both scores ended up being around 40 something to 30 something in my favor. That wouldn't happen in 99 out of 100 games. Furthermore, I don't know why our defense is so bad at times but it's rather unrealistic, proven by the fact that MICHIGAN of all schools has a defense rated the same as ours. Bull.

However, I feel there are two sides to this argument. Yes, stupid stuff happens in this game, but stupid stuff happens in real life all the time and mind-boggling stupid things happen often (like a quarterback overthrowing a perfectly open wide receiver). When these things happen they suck, but they balance out the stats of the games and keep the games close statistically.

All that said, these games still struggle with details and a lot of this has to do with the fact that they push one out every year. Linebackers have olympic vertical skills, throwing a ball to a wide open receiver gives you a 50/50 chances that a cornerback or safety will come out of nowhere and intercept the ball, defenses jump passes far too often, and the list goes on and on. All this said, the game has been offense top-heavy for years and even though ridiculous things happen on the defensive side of the ball, it's nice to see that offenses aren't just blowing this game away like they always have.

And to whoever said running the ball is more difficult now, I would completely disagree. I think running the ball got far easier and far more realistic this year now that magnet/ghost tackles are gone. Then again I like to play with option or running teams regularly. If you're having trouble, just up the sliders.

And to whoever said running the ball is more difficult now, I would completely disagree. I think running the ball got far easier and far more realistic this year now that magnet/ghost tackles are gone. Then again I like to play with option or running teams regularly. If you're having trouble, just up the sliders.

I was one of the few who said that but I found some sliders and Rex has been averaging 175 ypg for me.

My big gripe with this game is injuries. It never fails that Burkhead gets injuried at least once in every game and in some cases he'll get hurt twice in the same game. I was playing against Michigan and Burkheads second run of the game he got hurt and was out for 1 quarter. I've never seen any other player on the opposing team get hurt....EVER!!!

Another gripe is that the computer seems to come back in games quite a bit. Same game I was playing against Michigan and I was winning 34-17 (was losing 10-3 at halftime) entering the 4th quarter and both Legate and Martinez fumbled the ball to give Michigan great field possession were they score on both possessions. I marched down the field and kicked a field goal with :48 seconds left. I simmulated the game and sure enough Michigan scored to win the game. I almost had the exact same experience with Wisconsin but beat them in OT.

I also feel like the game tries to hard to keep it competitive. If I'm kicking butt let me kick butt. If i'm getting taken to the shed so be it. Your D can shut them down all day but as soon as your offense gets going and goes up by two scores and the game feels like it's yours for the taking, their offense suddenly can't be stopped. It's BS. Why are D- ranked offenses driving up and down the field regularly....

Just tested my Heisman sliders out for the first time. I played Ohio State.

Game Stats:

OSU: 0 7 0 7 14

NU: 0 0 7 14 21

OSU NU

Score: 14 21

First Downs: 13 19

Total Offense: 308 361

Rushes/Yds/TD: 23/62/2 50/165/2

Comp/Att/Yds/TD: 12/21/246/0 15/20/196/1

Int/Fumbles Lost: 2/0 0/0

Penalties/Yds: 3/29 1/10

T.O.P: 10:11 21:49

OSU QB:

Notes: Overall, this felt great. An amazing game for me. It was a great game all the way through. I was playing on default Heisman, and wound up going into halftime down 17-3 and 7-3 (with them about to score) to OHIO (NOT OSU) a couple weeks before this game, so I had had it with the unrealistic play of default Heisman. These sliders felt AWESOME. Cranking the Player Min Speed Threshold down helps immensely. The speedier players actually get the advantage they should have and this helps get the running game off the ground. I am no longer pulling my hair out from a DB stepping in front every other pass and picking it off with ease. It helped that I actually learned how to step into throws in the game too, though.

Anyway, we played a great game right down to the 4th quarter, where I scored to go up 14-7. They end up getting the ball back with about 2 minutes left and I fail to stop their O... Tie game. We get it back with 40 seconds left. A holding call and an incomplete pass later, I'm looking at 3rd and 20. I audible to 4 Verticals out of shotgun and they blitz their CB on my 3 WR side. A lob up to my outside guy works perfectly and he ends up burning their D as time expires. Great, great game. So much more fun than I was having.

I'd recommend anyone that feels AA is too easy give these sliders a try. They make Heisman so much more realistic and not cheesy.

Do you have a link for the sliders you're using?

Where i find sliders to use for the game

Heisman Sliders

There are the ones I've been using. I did tweak them quite a bit to make them more to my liking, but I cannot post mine since I am sitting in a McDonald's in Misery right now. I will post later when I have time.

I like these sliders better than default Heisman. Cranking Interceptions down to 35 really helps cut down on ever other throw getting picked. And lower the Player Min Speed Threshold helps runningbacks be more effective. For instance, if you squirt through a hole running, a defensive tackle won't disengage real quick and run you down from behind. Totally unrealistic.

Those are a good starting point... and you can adjust to your liking. It's amazing how much better YOU can make the game on your own.

I've been playing these games since 03 and i'm hoping i missed it along the way but i doubt it...any way to turn off the automatic movement of your player when the ball is snapped. So tired of my Dlineman following his path to the outside before engaging. My guy is too slow to stunt!

Okay, it's probably too late to help me now, but I'm a little beyond mad here... I just finished my first dynasty season. I had recruited and signed 3 DT's and 2 DE's (my depth was horrible!) during the regular season. Got to signing day and they were still there with all my other recruits. I advanced the week to position changes... out of those 5 defensive lineman, apparently 1 of my DT's made it to my roster. The other 4 are nowhere to be seen. Any help?!

I had this same problem once! It wasn't a huge deal because I didn't need either Guard that suddenly appeared out of nowhere to commit after week 5 of the offseason but it's pretty obvious when you don't recruit a single guard, 2 show up committed and then don't even show up in the signings! This game is flooded with bizarre errors!