SIGNED WR Jordan Westerkamp

Nexus

You have to go visit, it only makes sense.

Absolutely, especially if Mom wants you to do it.

Screw that, if I did everything my mom wanted me to do I would probably be homeless right now!

Thats funny! haha

What kind of advice did your mom give you???

Oh you know, do this, do that, go into this field, be this, blah, blah, blah. I love her, but parents aren't always right. They want to help but sometimes you just have to go with your own gut and heart. Hey, if Jordan himself has a better feeling about ND, then so be it, but the way parents try to basically convince their own kids what's better just kills me. It's not about you parents, it's not about how much easier it would be to see your kid! It's the kid's choice, let him make the choice and what feels best for HIM, not for you. Parents get WAAAYYYYY too involved with recruiting!

• Fire 1

Oh you know, do this, do that, go into this field, be this, blah, blah, blah. I love her, but parents aren't always right. They want to help but sometimes you just have to go with your own gut and heart. Hey, if Jordan himself has a better feeling about ND, then so be it, but the way parents try to basically convince their own kids what's better just kills me. It's not about you parents, it's not about how much easier it would be to see your kid! It's the kid's choice, let him make the choice and what feels best for HIM, not for you. Parents get WAAAYYYYY too involved with recruiting!

While this is sometimes true, I don't think she's wrong at all to encourage him to at least visit a school. There's no harm in that as far as she's concerned, and she's right, although it sucks to see as Nebraska fans.

While this is sometimes true, I don't think she's wrong at all to encourage him to at least visit a school. There's no harm in that as far as she's concerned, and she's right, although it sucks to see as Nebraska fans.

Hey, I don't care if she is just saying visit and see what you think. As long as she isn't in his ear the whole time about how great this is or that about ND. Let him have the experience.

One thing some of us seem to be forgetting is the simple fact that Moms are bigger fans of their kids then an f'ing school. In the end, if JW's is not blown away at ND then he is going to stick with NU and his mom will become the biggest Husker fan ever. It really is that simple.

Very true, but if she is a fan of ND I'm sure to have her son play for the Dolden Gomers would be her first choice. Her child playing for her favorite school/team would be a dream come true so she might push and push and push and really try to sale ND more than another parent would.