SIGNED WR Jordan Westerkamp

Nexus

Oh you know, do this, do that, go into this field, be this, blah, blah, blah. I love her, but parents aren't always right. They want to help but sometimes you just have to go with your own gut and heart. Hey, if Jordan himself has a better feeling about ND, then so be it, but the way parents try to basically convince their own kids what's better just kills me. It's not about you parents, it's not about how much easier it would be to see your kid! It's the kid's choice, let him make the choice and what feels best for HIM, not for you. Parents get WAAAYYYYY too involved with recruiting!

While this is sometimes true, I don't think she's wrong at all to encourage him to at least visit a school. There's no harm in that as far as she's concerned, and she's right, although it sucks to see as Nebraska fans.

+1 Soon we shall see what happens.

One thing some of us seem to be forgetting is the simple fact that Moms are bigger fans of their kids then an f'ing school. In the end, if JW's is not blown away at ND then he is going to stick with NU and his mom will become the biggest Husker fan ever. It really is that simple.

Very true, but if she is a fan of ND I'm sure to have her son play for the Dolden Gomers would be her first choice. Her child playing for her favorite school/team would be a dream come true so she might push and push and push and really try to sale ND more than another parent would.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

What kind of moms do you people have????

Good lord! What kind of mom would push her "team" on her son if he wanted to be part of another team?

Is this the Mom from Mommy Dearest? Perhaps the parents from Flowers in The Attic?

Remember the five star recruit we almost got from the 2010 class? Five star Owamagbe (Owa) Odighizuwa was deciding between UCLA and Nebraska. His mom really wanted him to stay close and she ultimately got her way. I still clearly remember the press conference when he made his decision. He praised Nebraska, but put then put the UCLA cap on. It really looked like he was going to cry. I never saw a guy look so bummed announcing his decision in a live press conference. In hindsight, I think it was a really bad decision on his part. UCLA sucks......

These things do happen with parents. Hopefully it is his choice in the end and not mom.

Owamagbemagbe Odighizuwa

What kind of moms do you people have????

Good lord! What kind of mom would push her "team" on her son if he wanted to be part of another team?

Is this the Mom from Mommy Dearest? Perhaps the parents from Flowers in The Attic?

Remember the five star recruit we almost got from the 2010 class? Five star Owamagbe (Owa) Odighizuwa was deciding between UCLA and Nebraska. His mom really wanted him to stay close and she ultimately got her way. I still clearly remember the press conference when he made his decision. He praised Nebraska, but put then put the UCLA cap on. It really looked like he was going to cry. I never saw a guy look so bummed announcing his decision in a live press conference. In hindsight, I think it was a really bad decision on his part. UCLA sucks......

These things do happen with parents. Hopefully it is his choice in the end and not mom.

Owamagbemagbe Odighizuwa

You weren't lying. He looked very uncomfortable reading his speech almost like he was trying to delay making the announcement. Moms got her way at the end and looked a lot happier than he did. Fast forward Owa's draft stock and development has been shot to hades, all based on his mom's decision. Anyways it is what it is. As for the education argument, Notre Dame and to a lesser extent UCLA are better academic institutions than UNL. However, as someone posted earlier, your degree is what you make it, especially in our economy right now. Also, being an athlete at a big school automatically opens up opportunities after college if utilized properly, even more so than just an average student.

Wait a high school kid that has probably never done a live press conference looked nervous? Come on

Yes, I'm sure he was a little nervous. Who wouldn't be? He was also very high on Nebraska. Loved our coaches. It was pretty evident that his mom was a heavy lean towards UCLA based on what Owa himself said. Bo came out to see Owa and his mom right before the announcement. It wasn't enough though. Owa is very close to his mother and I believe her input was the deciding factor.