Rex sits due to hamstring

@JonNyatawa

RB Rex Burkhead (hamstring) didn't participate in the scrimmage today. Coaches being careful but also searching for a capable backup at RB

@brosenthalsport

No Rex Burkhead in today's scrimmage; Bo said Burkhead could've gone, but he wanted to give other guys a look at running back.

When Aaron Green, Braylon Heard, and Ameer Abdullah show up one of those three will HAVE to carry some of the load. But, if Rex is going to sit out anytime during the offseason this is the best time to do it. Let him heal up, and be ready for the season of him being the feature back.

Is Braylon the 3rd choice ?

Depending on how him Green and Adullah preform in August practices. IMO, Heard and Green will be 2a and 2b behind Sexy Rexy. With the two of them getting almost equal amounts of carry's.

• Fire 1

Is Braylon the 3rd choice ?

Depending on how him Green and Adullah preform in August practices. IMO, Heard and Green will be 2a and 2b behind Sexy Rexy. With the two of them getting almost equal amounts of carry's.

It's so hard to tell which players will thrive, especially for true freshmen. I could honestly see any of them redshirting or contributing. I know a lot of people think Green will be a contributor this season, but let's not let hype set the expectations too high. If any of the frosh can come in, run hard, and not fumble, that's enough for me.

I think Heard has the best opportunity to be an immediate contributor. It took alot of drive and determination for him to get here. Plus he is a year more mature physically than the other two. I expect his determination off the field to translate to on field success along with just having an extra year to mature physically.